Yet another Epcot question

Skylarr29

DIS Veteran
Has anyone that has had a reception at epcot had the cindys slipper as part of their reception??? When I look at wish book some of the locations say limited food items can be served so I was wondering if they are able to do this. There are so many great choices to hold our reception I really am having so much trouble deciding.

I am having mine at the ADH which uses Boardwalk catering (which is probably different from Epcot) but we were offered cindy's slipper...it really is a masterpiece but I couldn't swallow the cost:(

Yeah we really want them but its so hard to decide and budget for all this stuff. Ahhh I am going to lose my mind before all this is said and done ha ha ha

My advice ... go for it IF you have room on the menu! My first DFTW reception was held in the American Adventure and we had the slipper dessert. It was as tasty as tasty can be! Be sure to request it at your tasting even if you then decide not to, it's SO good!

However, a word of caution that no one really shared with me before-hand. There is so much food to eat, cake to eat and just so much going on in general at the moment that sometimes it can be overkill. I figured there was no such thing as "too much" back then, but in retrospect, a lot of food got wasted even though everyone stuffed themselves because it was just so much.

Whatever you do, puh-LEASE remember to take a breath, soak it in, and be sure to take time to sit down, eat and enjoy. You will be so in the moment and it will feel so surreal that this is all finally happening and that it is actually YOUR event that you may just let it slip by without really getting to enjoy any of it yourself!

I always said that if I had to do it over (which ironically enough, with life changes, I now will be) that I'd have sat down and ate more, drank more, and just lived more in the moment more than I did. It was months in planning, years in interest payments (still paying it off) and yet it all went by so quickly that weekend. Take the time to enjoy it all! :)

Berry

I had a dessert reception last Dec., and my menu included the Slipper Dessert. They pre-plated them, and it looked beautiful. (Tasted good too.) We also had tuxedo strawberries, a cheese tray and a fruit tray. That was all served buffet style, the the Slipper was already on the tables.

Thank you Thank You Thank you!!! I can relax a little now knowing that I can stop thinking about which reception sites to pick. Although I may change my mind a few hundred more times by the time this is all said and done. You all have been so helpful once again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter