• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yet Another Hair and Makeup Ques.!!

2BWEDDNDIS

Disney Bride
I know I will be worrying about my hair and makeup alot since I will not be able to try it out with the person I choose before the wedding. Does it cost alot to have the person you choose come out a day or two before the wedding to do a trial run. I'm very picky when it comes to my makeup and I also have sensitive skin that can break out from different products. I dont want to do it myself though because I want it to look really professional for my wedding and pics. Is there anyone you know that will come early to do a trial run or anyone you guys would really recommend? Sorry I know there are already alot of hair and makeup threads out there. Thanks!!

Good question, I've been meaning to call one of the cosmetologists on the list, I will try to ask about the trial run as I'm interested in doing that as well. Might be a while before I find out though :confused3

I have been looking in to this detail and emailing some of the people on the list and it seems like a few will come out and do a trial. Makeover Majic said they will and it is slightly cheaper then having the real deal happen. Looks like Pazazz and Shala Salon will come out in the morning to the hotel to do hair/makeup (my ceremony is at 10 am!), but still trying to find out about a trial. Total shot in the dark, have no idea which one on the list to use!

ABOUT FACE
DESIGN TEAM FOR HAIR & MAKE-UP
phone 407-321-8233
fax 407-302-5997

Intimate Weddings
Monday - Friday

Bride
$165.00
Hair is designed to reflect the beauty of your headpiece and facial structure. Make-up is then carefully applied to accentuate even the most delicate of features, while adding to your sense of style and personality.

Additional Hair Designs
Hair is styled to coordinate the beauty of the entire wedding party while reflecting each person’s individuality.
$45.00 Very short hair style/set
$85.00 all other styles
from $35.00 (child 3-12 yrs.)

Additional Make-up Application
Make-up is applied with a light touch according to the comfort level of each person. Colors used will compliment each person on an individual basis as well as the entire bridal party.
$65.00 each

Combination Hair and Make up
$115 Very Short Hair Set/Style and make up
$135 All other styles and make up

Veil Fitting (trial run)
A trial run on hair design and make-up application. (Suggested for the bride only)
$145.00
or
Hair only trial $85
Make up only trial $85

*A minimum of $190.00 required booking (includes location fee)
*prices are subject to a location fee and do not include valet parking
*prices subject to increase on certain dates of the year
*A $50 per stylist fee will apply for wedding services starting before 7:00 am

visit our photo gallery at www.bridalbeauty.com

Maybe you can have your stylist at home style your hair the way you like and take a lot of pictures from different angles?

I will be using Lisa Pena. She told me her prices are $65 hair $50 makeup, and same for a trial. $150 for a MK photo shoot.

Mary626 said:
I will be using Lisa Pena. She told me her prices are $65 hair $50 makeup, and same for a trial. $150 for a MK photo shoot.

I think I will also be using Lisa...I have heard wonderful things about her and her prices are very good! She will definitly do a trial run but I think it is the same price (can anyone confirm) as mary mentioned.

Last year for my FTW custom vow renewal, I hired Disney Cosmetology to do the hair and makeup for my two young bridesmaids (my daughter & niece) and myself. I thought I would post a link to photos of our session just to give folks an idea of what to expect. I know that I had no idea what to expect. Click here for photo album or click here for slideshow.

I have the most marvelous memories of watching my daughter and my niece transform into lovely young ladies before my very eyes. Seeing their expressions as they gazed into the mirror after their hair and makeup had been completed was priceless. I know that I will cherish those memories always.

For our session, it was held in the afternoon inside the St. Augustine Ballroom at the Grand Floridian’s Convention Center. I need to note that it could have easily been held inside my resort room at the Grand Floridian since there were only three of us who needed to be prepared.

We had two cosmetologists. One worked on me for both hair and makeup while the other one began working on my daughter’s hair. Once I was completely done (both hair & makeup), my cosmetologist began applying makeup to my daughter’s face while the other cosmetologist began working on my niece’s hair. When my daughter’s makeup was complete, her cosmetologist began working on my niece’s makeup. I should note that our two cosmetologists worked together well and things flowed very smoothly. We really had a lot of fun during our session.

I should also note that I had no idea what sort of hairstyle I wanted. I did not have a veil or a headpiece to wear with my dress, so the only thing that was going to be atop my head was my hair. When the cosmetologist asked me what sort of hairstyle I wanted, I said, “I normally wear it straight so do with it what you like.” She then asked me if I wanted it up or down. I told her that I didn’t care one way or the other. To that she stated, “Then I think I’ll do a combination – some up and some down.” I laughed and she went to work.

When she was done with my hair, she handed me a mirror. I looked into it and saw that she had given me a very soft hairstyle. It was comfortable without being fussy, and yet dressy enough without being overly dressy. The hairstyle was me, only better. The cosmetologist had done a lovely job and I was pleased.

When it came to my makeup, my cosmetologist told me that she would make me look exactly like me, only better. Experience had taught her that less makeup was better for women of all ages, and that women looked their most beautiful when their natural beauty was only subtly enhanced. Since my makeup is always extremely understated. I was put at ease by her words. And once she had completed my makeup, I was thrilled to see that I looked exactly like me, only better. I felt very comfortable with how I looked, and that was very important to me. After all, this was going to be the most magical night of my life. I needed to look and feel exactly like myself, only better. ;)

So, that was my experience last October. I hope it helped.

Unfortunately, Disney Cosmotology is no more, at least when it comes to weddings. However I believe that your planner can give you suggestions - some of the former Disney cosmo people have started their own company :)

I am doing a trial run with Lisa in December while we are there for my planning trip. Since she is doing my trial, she will also be fixing my hair for our engagement photos that day with Randy.

2BWEDDNDIS said:
I'm very picky when it comes to my makeup and I also have sensitive skin that can break out from different products. I dont want to do it myself though because I want it to look really professional for my wedding and pics.

You may want to consider using your own makeup that you're certain doesn't cause breakouts.
I'm going to ask my stylist at home to style my hair the way I would like to wear it and then take many photos to bring. I will most likely have a trial before.

Our coordinator sent a page that listed stylists and m/u artists.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter