• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yet another patent lawsuit over MM+

jcb

always emerging from hibernation
Positiontech claims Disney's MyMagic+ system a result of patent infringement
http://setexasrecord.com/stories/51...ymagic-system-a-result-of-patent-infringement

That makes at least two. The first one (by Incom) is still ongoing. I suppose any system like MM+ will use multiple technologies so that multiple patent lawsuits are not impossible but it still seems strange.

Here are links to the two patents that seem to be at issue (subject to verification):

There is something suspiciously trollish about this lawsuit. It is filed in East Texas (a court known to be most favorable to trolls) and, more importantly, the plaintiff (PositionTech) only acquired an assignment for these two patents on December 7, 2015.

Last edited:
Certainly sounds trollish to me. And Disney is certainly a prime target because of their deep pockets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter