• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yet another post about Disney vacation

hasakahat

Earning My Ears
We are going to CA May 15-21 (or there about) with some friends. There will be 5 adults and 5 children (ages 9, 7, 6, almost 3, and 2).

We currently have reservations at Paradise Pier for the 15-18, and 3 day passes. We booked thru AAA so there are some freebies that come with that. We also did the dining plan w/a character breakfast.
Here are my questions:

Fantasmic isn't showing during the week, is it worth it to get an extra night at the hotel so we can go to DL 14-17 instead of 15-18 and see the show?

Our meal plan comes with an option listed as Breakfast in the Park. What exactly is this?

I found a post that mentioned free mugs with refills thru AAA. Is this something that is advertised or do you have to ask about it? I ask because our agent didn't mention it.

Can I call and get Disney Dollars direct from the hotel (or some where else) before we go? I would like to give them to the kids and let them earn them before we go.

My oldest is anaphylactic to peanuts and allergic to most other nuts. How big of a deal is this going to be at Goofy's Kitchen and in the parks? I know I can call in advance for the character dining, should I contact any other restaurants?

Our friends went to WDW last year and had a guide for their trip. Has anyone ever used one at DL and is it worth it? We are thinking it might be worth it on the day we see Fantasmic (if we change days) so we can have seating. Any thoughts?

I realize this is a lot of information I’m asking, thank you to everyone for reading and sharing your knowledge!

Heather

Well - Fantasmic! is truly amazing. If the change wouldn't be too bothersome, I would do it!

Breakfast is the park - the last time we used it we recieved a breakfast meal voucher, and were able to use it at one of 2 restaurants that were listed for breakfast.

You can get Disney Dollars at any Disney Store - we're doing the allowance thing with our kids too!

Not sure about the peanuts - I would call Disney with that one!

As far as the guide - never used one and never felt it was necessary. If you think you may want a little help - I reccommend the Unofficial Guide series - it'll get you through anything!

Hope I helped a bit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter