Yet Another Question re AP's

Fiona35

DIS Veteran
You lot must be bored stiff of me asking all these questions!!

If anyone has a dream AP do you always stay on site cos its cheaper to or do you prefer to stay off site? Also is there any hotel on site that you might get more of a discount at than say a different one?

I know it says in the DLRP Magic that you get 10% off room only and sometimes 30% but just wondered if it was cheaper off site or didn't make much difference.

For us as a family of 5 the on-site versus off-site isn't so much about Dream AP rather than what room options are available.

Davy Crockett Ranch, Explorer and Marriott are amongst the closest options.
DCR is our preference since you are still part of Disney without the need to look at 2 rooms :)

Since buying our APs we have always stayed on site (DCR at Christmas, Cheyenne next month and Sequioa Lodge in July) but thats because we've got good deals and wanted to be on site.

When we bought AP last July we were staying at Holiday Inn which menat we could get EMH with APs and would stay there again or Explorers if we got good deal. There will still be times when there are better deals off site but for us its a chance to stay onsite and experience different hotels.

The discount varies at different hotels at different times - you just need to ring and see what they are offering at the time.

We're in the same boat as Reid ~ we're also a family of 5 ~ so we stay off-site at the Explorers as it's cheaper than two Disney rooms. As I've never stayed on-site it doesn't bother me, but perhaps if I had it would.

We have APs but we would never stay at a non-disney themed hotel. The discounts overall are superb. I'll get mrs stonfiesta on here, she can talk discounts all day!! :laughing:

When we go in May we're staying at the Dream Castle and planning on Bussey St George for the August trip - would be nice to stay on site but as we have to go during school holidays it really bumps the price up.

All 4 trips last year were off site - 1 at Kyriad and 3 in Bussy-Saint-Georges. I'm going to try the Etap at Val D'Europe for my next trip in April.

I've always found the discounts good, but they'll never make it as cheap as staying off site. I only look for a nice clean room with shower facilities - I spend all day every day in the parks so the hotel is simply a base.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter