Yet another stroller question.

Pamlico

Earning My Ears
We are going down to Disney in October for our first trip. There will be my DD 7 and my DS 4. I want to rent strollers for both of them and I’m more inclined to get a double so one of us can wrangle the stroller by ourselves if necessary. I’m looking at the specs for the doubles and they all say 50lb max per child. Is that a hard 50lb? My 7yo is around 55lb and I assume she will be walking most of the time, the stroller is more of a back up. Is a double stroller really feasible for us?

It is usually a total of 100 pounds for a double stroller. It doesn't matter how that 100 pounds is distributed, so as long as the two kids are under 100 pounds together, you should be fine .

Yes, you'll be fine. The limits are just for legal protection. We've had far, far over 100lbs in a double stroller with zero issues. Many times.

We are going down to Disney in October for our first trip. There will be my DD 7 and my DS 4. I want to rent strollers for both of them and I’m more inclined to get a double so one of us can wrangle the stroller by ourselves if necessary. I’m looking at the specs for the doubles and they all say 50lb max per child. Is that a hard 50lb? My 7yo is around 55lb and I assume she will be walking most of the time, the stroller is more of a back up. Is a double stroller really feasible for us?

we rented the Bob Revolution Dual stroller from KingdomStrollers on our trip last week.
I think that can hold a lot more than 50+ each side.
My kids are 5 and 6, and while at first they thought they were too old for a stroller, they ended up 90% of the time in it while moving around the parks :-)

I'm going to agree with the others, there must be error built into the 50 lb max capacity per side... Probably a good 10 to 15 lb error measurement, especially in the Bob strollers (those things are solid).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter