• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yet Another Wonder DCL ONnline checkin nightmare

Mahusky

West of Boston and East of Nowhere
DCL should be ashamed. I don't care what their excuse is but their technology stinks. 30 mins with the blue spinning wheel of death. Even if every cabin was checking in at the same time their site should handle that traffic.

It’s astonishing how every aspect of Disney Parks and Resorts and Cruise Line IT is complete garbage. From the app performance and bugs to this mess. It’s just consistently a miserable experience.

DCL should be ashamed. I don't care what their excuse is but their technology stinks. 30 mins with the blue spinning wheel of death. Even if every cabin was checking in at the same time their site should handle that traffic.
My experience is that doing it on a different device helps. In June from Disney's side it went smooth but it was very picky about the photo of my friend. For my cruise next week I got the wheel. Then my friend tried for me and she got through straight away. Dont get me wrong: THIS SHOULDNT HAPPEN! But it could help... I gotta check in for my TA next week Wednesday, the day I(m boarding in Copenhagen so I'm crossing fingers and toes for a smooth process. and then it gets even worse: I gotta check in onboard the TA for my Halloween....

The change to 30 days check in for everyone PLUS another ship's worth of folks (rather than staggered as it used to be) does seem to be making check in a disaster. When we checked in for a Dream cruise last week at midnight it became obvious that it was also the 30 day check in for a Wish cruise and the predictable spinning wheel of death...took hours to get checked in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter