Yikes found my perfect dress but..

ChavonDisneyWedding

Earning My Ears
The dress seems a bit over the top for the Escape Wedding we have planned in the Canada Pavillion and doesn't match the themeing there. Do u think it is ok to still get it and where it? It is the Belle dress from the Disney Collection by Alfred Angelo. I tried it on and it looks so good on me but we aren't planning a Beauty and the Beast Theme..Just don't know if it is appropriate

You wear what you want to wear! :thumbsup2 Frankly, I'm not sure what kind of wedding dress would totally go with the Canada Pavilion's theme... red flannel, perhaps? :rotfl:

The dress seems a bit over the top for the Escape Wedding we have planned in the Canada Pavillion and doesn't match the themeing there. Do u think it is ok to still get it and where it? It is the Belle dress from the Disney Collection by Alfred Angelo. I tried it on and it looks so good on me but we aren't planning a Beauty and the Beast Theme..Just don't know if it is appropriate

I am also getting married in Canada and my dress is not a simple, outdoor wedding type dress, so I definitely think you're fine! But really, I agree with Lurky - it's your day and you should look amazing. If that dress is what will make you feel that way, go for it!

It's your dress and your day. Wear what you want. I'm having an escape wedding as well and my dress at full price costs MORE than the entire escape package if that makes you feel any better. I only plan on being married once so I want to make sure I have no regrets.

I have a super fancy dress which is not what I was planning for our escape wedding. It was the dress I fell in love with. I don't care if it fits the theme I look and feel beautiful in it!!!

Just another voice chiming in to tell you to go for it! Sometimes what we think we want gets thrown out the window when we find something that we unexpectedly love. It's your wedding; do it your way and have no regrets! If this dress makes you feel incredible, then wear it!

My dress was nothing like what I thought I wanted. I thought I wanted ivory, very simple, no veil. I ended up with white, with some detail and sparkle and a veil. When I tried it on, I knew it was my dress. If you had that feeling with this dress, then the Universe has already made the decision for you!

You could ask your DF to wear a "Canadian Tuxedo" if you want attire to match the venue!!!! LOL.

It doesn't have to match the theme. Your dress can be independent of everything else imo. The dress will set the feeling but you can set the theme with the flowers etc. or go with no theme at all except a color scheme. no worries!!!

If you love it - wear it! We had an Escape (way back then it was called Intimate) on the Wilderness Lodge balcony and I pictured a lace dress, long, but no train. When I went shopping the dress I pictured just didn't look good and didn't make me feel good. I ended up with a silk satin ballgown with a cathedral train! It was gorgeous and I loved it and felt absolutely beautiful on my day. You will feel beautiful, too!

Go for what makes you happy. I was going to go with something simple and ending up with a full-on dress that I hauled over from the UK.

Sorry—I was thinking more about the cast members' costumes at that pavilion, not Canadian weddings in general. :thumbsup2

Finding a perfect matching dress is really difficult. My wedding dates are nearby, and I am not able to decide to buy the matching dress according to the theme planned. Theme planned is of beauty and the beast. Can anyone really help me out of this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter