Yikes! Park open til 2:00 a.m. and were middle aged rope drop people, how?!!

Bellacruz

Earning My Ears
So, We always open and close Magic Kingdom but this time MK is open til 2:00 a.m. I KNOW we won't want to leave and come back but maybe have too? Were staying at AKL and that seems like it would take too many precious hours to leave and return. Any suggestions...because I dont think I will be able to pull Hubby away but it just might do me in....lol

I absolutely love the 12 to 2AM hours at Magic Kingdom, my favorite memory ever at WDW is my wife and I walking around a deserted Fantasyland at like 1:30 in the morning.

Take a break for sure. We split our days up anyway, leave the park between 2:30 to 5 or 6, and then go back and hit it again. You could stretch that to probably 7PM if you like. Lots of people clear out of the park around dinner time, and even more after fireworks. It's worth taking a break to enjoy it. Don't plan on RD the following morning though.

This is what I would do. I'd RD the morning, leave around 2, head back and nap at the room and shoot to get back around 7. Assuming it opens at 8AM that's 13 hours of park time. 18 hours is a long time even for the most hardcore park warrior.

You can take a break without going back to AKL. Head over to the Poly and hang out at Trader Sam's or one of the other great locations at the Monorail resorts. You could boat over to Wilderness Lodge and relax there a bit. Otherwise, there's always a power nap in the Hall of Presidents! Try to stay as late as you can though as it's really awesome and never crowded that late. Have fun!

I might in be the minority but I'm 34 and I wouldn't be able to do open-2 am. No way Jose. A lunch/AC break wouldn't be enough for me. I would need full on nap time with a change of clothes and maybe even a shower. :cat: That being said, I know if they have 2 am closing hours in August while I'm there I will definitely be making DH go back with me after the kids go to bed.

ALL great ideas!! So glad to get the different ways we can manage to be there 12-2 a.m!!

I would need a break. You’re talking about 16 hours or so. It’s going to be hot and crowded and I would feel not just tired, but grubby and sweaty, stinky, achy and grouchy. A mid day break - even if it took 3 or 4 hours would be worth it to me. Go have a swim and a shower. Put on some fresh clothes for dinner and the rest of the evening and feel like a million bucks.

I might in be the minority but I'm 34 and I wouldn't be able to do open-2 am. No way Jose. A lunch/AC break wouldn't be enough for me. I would need full on nap time with a change of clothes and maybe even a shower. :cat: That being said, I know if they have 2 am closing hours in August while I'm there I will definitely be making DH go back with me after the kids go to bed.

That sounds like a great plan especially knowing you have a sitter for the kids and you don't have to worry about them!! I agree with needing a little bit longer mid-day break to nap and freshen up even if the break is only for a couple of hours.

I love what the first response suggested. We used to be park open to close people, but the first time that we decided to try the midday break we found that we actually loved it. I would definitely RD - take a midday break- then go back late evening to take advantage of the late hours. I absolutely love MK at night/dark. I would also probably make sure to have the day after as a sleep in day. Good luck with whatever you decide!

How often is MK open until 2 am? I feel like I don't see that on the park calendar these days.
Same. One of my MK days in May it shows EMH 10-12. Curious if it’ll be increased. 2am is kinda insane I’m a night owl, but I’ll be with my mom who’s in her 60s. It’s the walking I’m more worried about!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter