• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yippee!!!!Have Just Become a Shareholder

mickey66

Mouseketeer
Have finally done it, and just brought 2000 shares.:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
I even managed to do it all online through self trade.

Is the contract note ok to send with the application form to register and what type of shareholder am I?(is it pure registered, administered registered or bearer)?

Am so excited, it's a shame we already booked for DLH last week or I could have used the discount, but I am sure the discount card will get lots of use when we go in September.

Am sooooooooo excited:yay:

And thanks Cyrano:goodvibes

Well done :cool1: :cool1:

You will get a great shareholders pin . Dont forget you get 10% discount in the UK Disney Stores too.

Have finally done it, and just brought 2000 shares.:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
I even managed to do it all online through self trade.

Is the contract note ok to send with the application form to register and what type of shareholder am I?(is it pure registered, administered registered or bearer)?

We bought ours online through self trade too :cool1: and yes the contract note is what we sent. You are classed as an administered registered.

Hi, :)

Can anyone help me please? Could someone please tell me how I go about actually buying the shares on the website? As I don't even know how to find the right shares to buy in the first place on there. :confused3 A step by step guide or just any info would be much appreciated. :thumbsup2

Also does anyone know if the discount can also be used for the Castle Club?

Thank you very much.

Go to:

http://www.selftrade.co.uk/

Scroll down to Open an account

You will need your National Insurance Number and bank details to hand.

Register yourself through steps given.

Add money to your account via debit card.....minimum of £50

Go to share dealing

in search put Disney; then select France.

select Euro Disney Sca ( share code PEDL)

enter quantity you wish to buy.

There is £12.50 admin fee.

Hope this helps :goodvibes

Hi StarGem

I had the same problem,couldn't understand any of it at first .:confused3

I opened an account online with self trade with£150(just to make sure I had enough for everything)
I then searched for the stock under securities,entering Euro Disney SCA under the Paris market.
I then clicked on the tick box which said I could either phone or send a request to the traders online. I opted for the online(but you can only do this during trading hours) and entered 2000 shares(you can enter how ever many you want)
About ten minutes later, I got confirmation saying I had brought 2000 shares. The total cost, including the £12.50 was £136.10.

(I also asked Cyrano for advice):woohoo:

The way I go wild in the shops at DLRP, I could save that in one shopping spree.:rotfl:

No, I don't think you can use the discount at the Castle Club

Good luck, if you get stuck, please send me a pm, I will happily go through it with you.
I really thought I must be totally stupid as everyone said how simple it was and I just didn't get it at all:headache:

Glad it wasn't just me then :confused3

Thats brilliant, Thanks.

Thats exactly what I thought.. it all seems much clearer now but really wasn't sure of it all. :upsidedow

But thanks very much. Will send you a pm if I get stuck. :goodvibes

Well done :cool1: :cool1:

You will get a great shareholders pin.

My shareholders card arrived about 3-4 weeks after l faxed my application, but l didn't receive a shareholders pin with it.:confused3 I collect pins, so l contacted the shareholders club and the lady l spoke to said they were produced for the 10th anniversary of the shareholders club and they weren't sending them out automatically anymore, but she still had a few left and she would send me one. It arrived in the post a week or so later.:thumbsup2

So if you don't receive one it's worth contacting the shareholders club to see if they have any left.

the lady l spoke to said they were produced for the 10th annivesrary of the shareholders club and they weren't sending them out automatically anymore, but she still had a few left and she would send me one.

That was really kind :goodvibes They seem to be a very nice group of people who run the Shareholders Club - I've found them extremely helpful on a couple of occasions. :)

Woo hoo, great news! :yay:

I agree, they have always been very helpful whenever I have contacted them.

You are classed as an administered registered.

Sure? I thought 'bearer' whould be the right choice, as the shares you can get by online brokerage aren't registered (nominative) shares at all?

After all I ticked 'bearer' and it seem to have been working for me... still waiting to get my SHC Card :coffee: and preparing to kindly ask for the pin as I'm collecting, too (a little bit)!

Oliver ••••

That was really kind :goodvibes They seem to be a very nice group of people who run the Shareholders Club - I've found them extremely helpful on a couple of occasions. :)

Agreed :goodvibes No wonder the Shareholders club won an award :)

Hi StarGem

I had the same problem,couldn't understand any of it at first .:confused3

I opened an account online with self trade with£150(just to make sure I had enough for everything)
I then searched for the stock under securities,entering Euro Disney SCA under the Paris market.
I then clicked on the tick box which said I could either phone or send a request to the traders online. I opted for the online(but you can only do this during trading hours) and entered 2000 shares(you can enter how ever many you want)
About ten minutes later, I got confirmation saying I had brought 2000 shares. The total cost, including the £12.50 was £136.10.

(I also asked Cyrano for advice):woohoo:

The way I go wild in the shops at DLRP, I could save that in one shopping spree.:rotfl:

No, I don't think you can use the discount at the Castle Club

Good luck, if you get stuck, please send me a pm, I will happily go through it with you.
I really thought I must be totally stupid as everyone said how simple it was and I just didn't get it at all:headache:

Hi.

Okay, so I've told Selftrade what to buy and I'm waiting for it to go through tomorrow. But do I need to ask them for a proper paper copy of the trading note, rather than the electronic copy that comes out as standard, as the Shareholders Club website has a specific warning about print-offs?

I've six weeks until we're there (second visit), and am a little concerned that the shareholders card might turn up late - although I note the earlier helpful comment about getting temporary details by fax.

Hi Architect and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, posting guidelines can be found here and details regarding help on signatures here

Hi.

Okay, so I've told Selftrade what to buy and I'm waiting for it to go through tomorrow. But do I need to ask them for a proper paper copy of the trading note, rather than the electronic copy that comes out as standard, as the Shareholders Club website has a specific warning about print-offs?

I've six weeks until we're there (second visit), and am a little concerned that the shareholders card might turn up late - although I note the earlire helpful comment about getting temporary details by fax.

I just faxed the copy printed from the Selftrade website. This seemed to be fine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter