yippeee! booked our trip!

Missbebe

Earning My Ears
Now just to get on with the planning and organising!

I will be grateful to receive any advice or input :)

First off, we are going to DLP Thursday 29th April - Sunday 2nd May. We are a party of 8- 4 adults and 3 children all under 3 and one baby girl who will be 10 months.

We are staying at the Sante Fe for three nights and are travelling by Eurostar.

So far my list of things to do/questions to get answered/recommendations to get is as follows:

1) Sort out goody bags for the kids for the journey - any suggestions what I can put in them aside from the usual crayons colouring book etc.

2) Arrange birthday tea. One of the kids turns 3 whilst we are at disney and the twins 4 days after. From seeing other posts, people seem to favour CAFE MICKEY over the birthday tea. When is the best time to book for?

3) Arrange our dining for the week. Breakfast is included at the hotel and lunch will most likely be counter service but the four evening meals we would prefer table service. Does anyone have any recommendations.

I think that is it......for the minute!!!:rotfl2:
Sorry for all the questions so soon, just cant wait get planning!:yay::woohoo::dance3:

congrats!!!i still to book our trip yet.i hope that i can decide by tonight!
wish me luck!

congrats,i hope to book mty trip now soon! I was there last year and we had a birthday (3 years old) and we went to Cafe Mickey. Its brilliant would definately recommend there. We also rang in advance and requested a birthday cake (i think around €27) but it was so worth it with all the characters over at our table and they played a 'happy birthday' song! It was a night to remember!

Great news!! :cool1:

I'd suggest booking Cafe Mickey for around 5.45 - 6pm as that's the time the characters come back for the evening plus it won't be too busy then.

You are going to have so much fun!!!:goodvibes As far as preparations go - I found some great ideas on the Creative DISigns section of the disboards for one of my trips - everything from luggage tags to T shirt designs to activity books if you like crafty things you can go wild there!

Unless it's changed, kids get Disney goody bags at the train station before they board the Eurostar.

Have a great trip, once I actually book we will arrive the day after you leave - it'll be like a Disneyland relay!

Have a great trip. With regards to the restaurants, I personally like Annette's in the Village, Restaurant to the stars in the Studios which is a buffet but have had 2 good meals from there, plenty of choice.

1) Sort out goody bags for the kids for the journey - any suggestions what I can put in them aside from the usual crayons colouring book etc.

I take a pack of pencils, different stickers (disney, thomas etc) you can get these from asdas, WHsmiths etc. I take a couple of mini pots of playdoh. ive just brought some sticker books that have just come out (seen these in Asdas and Hobbie craft) they have loads of stickers and come as thomas, disney, cars, and other well know themes. Also the wipe clean books are good and all quite thin to fit in a medium size home work bag (like the school ones)

hope this helps

(i make sure i book the table on the eurostar for the above)

We have breakfast at ashford just after check in and then lunch once we get through the tunnel, that helps break up the journey. plus you have to do the walk to the toilet as they always want to investigate lol!

I will be doing the same this year, alhtough we have invested in i phones so will have their fav movies and tv shows on the i phones

Thanks everyone for the brilliant advice, as always. My goody bags are coming along nicely. I will post the contents when they are finished if anyone is interested.

I am going to check out the creative community when I get some free time, I have a feeling I may be spending a lot of time over there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter