• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yippeeeeee... restaurants are booked.

Sarah Sarill

<font color=green>Knows about attack of the wobbly
I just wanted to thank all you kind people on this forum for your advice on the best restaurants to book for our Christmas Stay at DLPR.

Via Central Reservations I have just booked 4 'special' meals as follows:-

22.12.06 Inventions Character Meal (6pm)
24.12.06 Steakhouse Buffet Meal (12noon)
26.12.06 Cafe Mickey Character Meal (6.15pm)
27.12.06 Lucky Nugget Character Meal (12 noon)

I have also booked the Christmas Day Dinner at The Holiday Inn (our Hotel).

There is only one gap - 23rd December 6pm. I want to book the Rainforest Cafe but was told I cant do that - its waiting only :guilty: . Is that correct.

Thanks for your advice - DD8 cant wait to go. :grouphug:

Great news, I bet it has made you all excited.

You can not book RFC however if you get there before park closing you should be fine.

It all sounds lovely Sarah and really won't be long now until you're there.
Have a great time :wizard:

Sounds great Sarah, don't suppose you have room for me in your suitcase? ;) :rotfl:

Hi SarahSeeing you are all set up for the tucker :teeth: (which was a very wise thing to do) now sit back and dream about all the rides and shopping! no booking on either Rain Forest or Planet Hollywood, if you walk by a day ahead maybe you can work out at what time the crowds get hungry, wishing you the best holiday ever
regards
P.
:stir:

Sarah - we are going at the same time and have also booked our meals today.

We are choosing Blue Lagoon 23/12 for dinner
Auberge de Cendrillon 24/12 lunch
Lucky Nugget 25/12 lunch
Annette's 26/12 lunch - unfortunately couldn't book this one - is this one 'just turn up and wait' - think that's what the reservations clerk was saying.

Booking just makes you feel as though its getting closer even though its still 7 weeks away. (and counting) :cool1:

The Blue Lagooon is fab - you will really enjoy the atmosphere there.

pigby said:
Annette's 26/12 lunch - unfortunately couldn't book this one - is this one 'just turn up and wait' - think that's what the reservations clerk was saying.
Yes, unfortunately you can't book but hopefully most people will be in the parks at lunch time.

You have a geat choice there. :thumbsup2

I thought I only can book character meal times...

So I have a question about Auberge de Cendrillon and Plaza Gardens Restaurant. Is it possible to book them in advance or they are waiting only.
What actually booking guarantees - the place or that we will be allowed to get in withoug waiting in line?
How much time it take to wait in line without booking during heavy season (Christmas week)?

You can book both Auberge and Plaza in advance. It should then mean that you will then only wait a few minutes for your table to be made ready. I would definitely book in advance for Christmas week - you could end up waiting a very long time if you don't.

Bexx said:
I would definitely book in advance for Christmas week - you could end up waiting a very long time if you don't.
I second this ~ we ate at Cafe Mickey on December 27th last year after the parks closed and they were turning people without reservations away and telling them not to return for at least 2 1/2 hours. :scared1: Luckily we had reservations, I think we waited about 10 minutes to be seated which is the longest we have ever had to wait at DLRP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter