Yo-ho-ho, sailin, sailin, 3 night Wonder on 12/17/09

Fatima -

Congrats on the next cruise!

And if it helps, I've been on three cruises and Thursday night was the roughest I've ever had on a ship. Seriously!

I actually had ginger capsules but we forgot to take them the day before - health food stores often have ginger in capsules and if you start taking them the day before the cruise they can really help. Also, take them with a meal.

We actually use the wrist bands too. My BFF used them when travelling while expecting and swore by them, so I tried them and I believe they make a HUGE difference - you might definitely want to get them for your DH!

Margo

Thanks Margo. He took Bonine. Later in the day he took Sudfed. He actually left at dinner to lay down. He said he enjoyed the rest of the trip but although he paid the deposit for the three of us, he made no promises that he would come on the next trip. If he does come, we will go all natural - ginger capsules, dried ginger candy, and the wristband. I want to minimize any effects of motion sickness because a miserable DH = a miserable trip for me!

Thanks to everyone of you for your generous gifts regarding the FE. My children loved going floor to floor placing gifts in your extenders and the gifts that they found in theirs were overwhelming. You all are truly fine individuals and you brought big smiles to my two children every time they returned to our cabin; my son Noah (8) said it was like the tooth fairies coming by as he always found gifts but never saw anyone.
The rough seas were surely tough for everyone I am sure and but for my scopolamine patches I would have been in trouble however, a Disney cruise is great in any situation. Again, I thank you all and wish you a very merry Christmas this Friday.

I want to add my thanks to everyone for the FE gifts!!! They were wonderful!!! My boys loved coming back to the room and finding things in their stockings and were so excited by delivering the gifts to everyone else too. It was a great highlight in an otherwise rough cruise. Thank you so much for all of the gifts and the thoughtfulness that went into creating them and delivering them!!!! :love:

The withdrawals are setting in! I hope everyone had a fabulous trip. Ours was great but went by too quickly... :(

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to join in the FE exchange. My kids were given the opportunity to explore the ship on their own for the first time to help pass out some of the gifts. They loved being little elves and dropping off the packages. Thank you all!

For those that rebooked -- congrats! Alas, we did not. It'll be a while before we head back to Disney....

Merry Christmas to everyone!

For those that rebooked -- congrats! Alas, we did not. It'll be a while before we head back to Disney....

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Don't feel too bad Amanda....we didn't rebook either (Todd's not too sure about cruising right now after being seasick the first night LOL!). It will be a while before we go back to DW too. :sad1:

I guess I need to reset my ticker but I don't have anything to reset it to. Oh well.........

Merry Christmas!!!!

The children and I would like to thank the kind soul who added our stateroom to the FE exchange. It was very nice of you, and a sweet guesture that I wish I could have returned.

We went to the lobby for 3:00PM and stuck around for about 15 minutes, but did not see anyone, and the kids were horrified when I started asking people of they were from Disboards. I guess that sounded pretty funny, and it really did make me laugh when one kid said "Disney Bored? How can you be bored on a Disney cruise?" ...so, I stopped.

Both my son and daughter were sick for almost the entire cruise, but it's not a problem, we understand the weather conditions, and know that it is a fluke. I, on the other hand, had the best sleep I've had in a LONG time. Love sleeping with the verandah open. (Hopefully nothing blew out in the night!) We will return, next time, hopefully with more time. <3 to all.

The FE was definitely the highlight of our trip! We were amazed by everyone's creativity and generosity, especially with it being our first time participating. It added a special magical touch and kept us cheery despite the rocky ship, lack of CC, and cranky members of our group (we had three state rooms). We're looking forward to our Mediterranean cruise; when we got home, we received a letter from DCL saying that each person in the party was going to get a $100 obc in addition to what we already had. Nice Christmas gift!

Happy Holidays, everyone! Mickey's Merry Mates will hold a nice place in my holiday memories this year.

Thank you to all for joining this cruise thread! Even though I had to withdraw from the FE I received a lot of enjoyment and added value to the cruise by chatting here with you and meeting a few of you on board!

This was our second cruise and we enjoyed ourselves immensely even though the wind was blowing! I would have liked better weather and definitely missed our day at CC but it felt good to laze around!

A small group of us met at 3 PM (Amanda, Daisy and Connie families.) I did some asking around if others were there for a DIS meet and unfortunately missed some of you.

On our last cruise we stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort and did the Disney bus and also had the experience of getting to port and on the ship just before 3 PM. This time we arrived after 11 PM on Wednesday and stayed at the Hyatt Airport. We got on the first Disney bus from airport to port and were in group 2. It was nice to have the extra time on the ship since we felt we missed out on it on our first cruise.

We sail again on 4/2/11 on the Magic Western. Thanks to Kylie's (she was the TA on the Magic on our Feb. 09 cruise and was a Guest Services CM on this cruise) creative handling she was able to book us another placeholder cruise by splitting the deposit on an existing 4/2 reservation. We have our eye on a Fantasy cruise in 2012. Kylie was FABULOUS - she remembered us from our last cruise and she said she'd take care of us making all the changes we needed and we didn't have to stand in line with the new TA. Kylie had the new reservation posted outside our door before midnight and we spoke with her at about 9 PM - awesome customer service!

We were surprised by a special gift package from Shutter Photo Team staff. They awarded us as being a "Magical Cruise Family" and in the surprise package they gave us 10 8x10's of the character pictures. Awesome! Disney cruise CMs went above and beyond our expectations again! Kate also got a free pin from a CM at Treasure's Ketch.

Happy sailings to all!

Connie

Just wanted to say thanks for all the great FE! Our new Castaway bag was used to hold all the goodies and it was overflowing.

Also, to those who gave out the pins. Not sure if I should say thank you, or curse you! LOL My kids are now pin trading fiends! I'll say Thank you as they had so much fun trading with Cast Members.

We just got home late last night as we spent 10 days after the cruise in Disney World. So I apologize for the late thank you!

Someone wrote on our White Board asking where we got our FE. My friend made it for me following the directions we found here on Disboards. We went and picked out the fabric at hobby lobby and she sewed it right up! Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter