• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

YOLO Part: Business Meetings With A Carrot Garnish Updated 5/20

xoSamma

DIS Veteran
YOLO Part: Business Meetings With A Carrot Garnish

YOLO Disney trips were how it all started and it was time to bring them back.
YOLO trips include - spontaneous booking, short trip that means no sleeping, good friends, good times, lots of laughs and memories.

Now before we jump into it I will have to put a disclaimer…I was living in the moment and enjoying my time, this means the amount of photos I have are lacking. But even with the lack of photos I can say that this trip was wild…as one can be with the lack of sleep we all got.

Heres the Group

51080211661_f6581b56b2.jpg

Sam - Thats me! I will be the one to retell this adventure we had.
Brittany - My BFF, we met in college and instantly clicked and were roomies for our DCP
Joe - Brittany’s Fiancé, they met and worked together at Space Mountain during our DCP
KC (Kiss) - My brother who was so happy Epcot was the park we chose to go to (since thats his favorite)
Alicia (Alish) - My sister, the CM of the group (who just finished her last day with the company to move to Hong Kong to work at that park)
Garrett - Kiss’s best friend who was in need of a trip and was ready to join along for another Disney trip.

When: Spring Break… March 13 - March 17
Where: AoA
Why: YOLO​

Welcoming Back That YOLO Lifestyle

A Disney trip in March was never in the plans. After my trip in November I planned not to come back until the 50th anniversary however things change and trips get booked. Normally when a spur of the moment trip comes up as an idea I take time to marinate it and obsess over the idea till I book it. This time however I was woken up from a text to Brittany one Feb day of her saying she had a dream we were in Japan. We have known since our Disneyland Paris trip for our 25th birthdays that we would be going to celebrate our 30th in Tokyo…and now that's a little over a year away. So a convo of “when should we start looking into it” “when are we going” “lets wait until your wedding and honeymoon” we decided on a month to go to Japan. Then she randomly dropped the “do you think it would be possible for you to come visit me next month?” March…spring break, I knew the flights alone would not be pretty, but when any of my friends need me I’ll pay the price. Plus I knew her planning a wedding during this pandemic and her bachelorette trip being practically canceled at this point was taking a toll on her. So as soon as I saw that I would only pay $100 round trip for flights thanks to a voucher that needed to be used I booked it that night.

After finding cheap flights I headed straight to the CM hub to check resort prices, Alish still didn’t hear anything from Hong Kong so we could still use her for that discount. We however had 2 other CMs willing to put their name on the reservation if Alish would be gone within the month. So I booked a room at Coronado for $90 a night…how it was that cheap I have no clue. But we were here for a cheap getaway. The trip of two then turned to a trip of 6 very quickly, so we looked into 2 rooms at coronado or AoA. It was cheaper to do one room at AoA.

About a little over a week prior Alish called me and said I might be leaving March 10…3 days before our trip. I still didn’t cancel the coronado room so my plan was to squish 5 of us in that room and I would sleep on an air mattress, at this point Joe was only planning to stay 2 nights and the AoA for 4 people didn’t make sense. The panic only lasted a solid 10 minutes when she said she messed up the girl she talked to said April not march. So right then and there I canceled the Coronado reservation and AoA it was.

A cheap getaway that was the plan. And with the spring break/ florida schools week off all the reservations were booked for parks. This was a blessing in disguise because when you can’t buy an AP tickets are expensive! The only thing available was Epcot, Brittany was worried I was going to cancel my trip just for the fact that I couldn't get into MK. That wasn’t going to happen…I was upset that I wouldn't be going to MK but its not like I wont go there ever again. Plus she said she would take me to the beach one day and that made up for it real fast.

The plan going into this trip was sun, fun and drinking….and thats what the 4 days were filled with.

I will only enjoy when my alarm goes off at 4am when its for Disney or any other sort of vacation. So when my alarm went off I was up and ready. Me and the boys headed off to the airport at 4:30, I will miss the days when there is a line to get through security.

Easy breezy got to the gate super early and thats when I started to realize everything I forgot to bring. The biggest thing was our waiver for our kayak adventure for our beach day. I texted Brittany right away and while she planned to print them she also forgot.

Things I already miss…the low number of people on flights. that is no longer a thing, we were on a full flight. RIP to having your own row and when the middle seats were unavailable. Luckily for us we were only a group of 3 so it didn't matter. I passed out for about half the flight until I woke up to the child behind me constantly kicking my seat.

The airport was a mad house! It was just mobs of people waiting for bags and a line to get down the escalator to get to the ME. I bypassed that line and walked all the way down to the last escalator possible and skipped all those people. The ME line to check in was another fun sight, I have never seen it so backed up in my life…however every group was “6 feet apart” but truthfully not at all.

51068254133_b4dee52cfd.jpg

Once we got to the front to check in we waited in our designated line and there was only one other party in the AoA line. We waited about 30-40 mins in this line. Then when our bus was ready to go, you need to be ready to remember all the numbers they are going to throw at you. Bus number, seat numbers…its best to start singing it like a song. 43…21…22 and repeat until you reach your bus.

50999773400_7630990061.jpg

I thought we would have to wait for more people to join us but once we got on board we maybe waited 5 mins tops before we headed off to AoA. At this point I texted both Brittany and Alish that we were headed to the resort. Alish still had to pack and Brittany had a busy morning switching cars with Joe’s mom with all the beach stuff and dropping her dog at daycare for the few nights we were here.

Once we got to AoA I was prepared for our room to not be ready until 3pm, but we managed to luck out and it was ready for us. We waited in the lobby for a bit to see where everyone was.

50999773395_dbd14aca3c.jpg

Alish called me and said she was parked outside the lion king section so we headed off to meet her because she had some stuff to unload from her car. Before we did any of that we went to find our room.

Welcome home for the next 4 nights
I have always been skeptical on the lion king suites, I’ve stayed in both nemo and cars and I love the cars section. The lion king green walls with the old carpet was just too much for my liking. However I asked Brittany cars or Lion king and she chose LK so here we are.

Welcome to our crib

51010628250_f93cfd5de6.jpg

51068960386_480bdfa715.jpg

50999773445_1445898878.jpg

50999773130_cbfc40342d.jpg

51068254028_4866ccdf21.jpg

51069051782_f01b6367ce.jpg

51010628870_66dbd4779f.jpg

51079118333_1528cccd90.jpg

51079907037_79c56e15eb.jpg

We tried to somewhat get organized and make a game plan. Alish was a star because she went through krispy kreme on her way to get us some breakfast. As we waited for brittany we decided to play sushi go. Alish brought the card game with her and it was seriously all we played everyday. We were learning the rules when Brittany texted me saying she was here so we all took a field trip to go find here

51079117713_28497bebcb.jpg

Once the party was assembled we all claimed our areas and unpacked. That was short and sweet, then it was back to sushi go. Love that we came all the way to FL to play a silly card game in the room. I also made it known that it has been 8 years to the day since we were on our last YOLO trip here at AoA staying at the memo suites. Time sure does fly when you are having fun! Round after round of sushi go, we finally decided to make our trip to Publix

This has now been one of our favorite things to do. Who thought it would be idea to head into the store with a cart? Let me tell you that plan didn’t work so well. Our mission was to stock the room with some drinks, Alish had previously bought a box of the truly teas however good old publix with there bogo on seltzers got us again. We then ended up grabbing two water jugs, the boys got cases of beer, mixers for the bottles everyone brought in their suitcases, snacks for the room and the beach, it was a full cart. We did our best to split up the cart at checkout so everyone was paying for what they threw in. We sent the boys to load up the car and we headed to the liquor store because apparently we didn’t have enough already.

We then all piled back up in the car and headed back to AoA. On the way back we tried to make a game plan for the rest of the day/night.

51079906552_79329bd4ac.jpg

51079906562_f8c8080076.jpg

When we got back to the room we unloaded everything onto the table to get a haul picture…with Brittany’s new obsession, her new crocs. Here’s to trying to finish this all in the next 4 days.

51079118198_dfb817acc4.jpg

The downfall to all these drinks is that the small fridge is just not the greatest. I packed a foldable cooler, Brittany also brought a cooler and we filled the sink with ice.

51080295807_93e4f10fb6.jpg

10 seconds in and my cooler was leaking all over the floor, that quickly turned into a bathtub cooler for the rest of the trip. At this point it was just a joke, we all couldn't stop laughing at the amount of alcohol we had purchased. Here’s too a fun next 4 days!​

I love your reports! I have been reading them since your DCP days. I haven't been to WDW since January 2020 and I am having serious withdrawals so every time I see a new report from you it brightens my day :)

I love your reports! I have been reading them since your DCP days. I haven't been to WDW since January 2020 and I am having serious withdrawals so every time I see a new report from you it brightens my day :)

Welcome back to yet another crazy adventure and thanks for following along for so long!!!

That definately looks like a fun trip was about to happen!

It was definitely one to remember!

Pool Hoping and Springs

With the room finally organized in preparation for it to be completely trashed by later tonight once we made ourselves at home, we decided to get out of the room and get some sun. Now before we headed to the pool we knew that some of the pools have been having waits to get into them. Welcome to Spring break…and I can see this happening now with the florida heat and everyone wanting to take a break. It also wasn't in our favor when the main pool was under refurbishment. But before we did anything…cheers to vacation

51086456672_c8b8516a27.jpg

We headed off to the little mermaid section and we weren't surprised to see the line formed to get in. A CM came out when we got there and said that as soon as people leave more of us will be let in. There were probably 3 groups in front of us and who knows how long it would take to just get a seat. So we headed back to the room in plans to pool hop to a different resort.

Now a few things to know about pool hopping, even without a pandemic its not allowed…and the scan in gates have made it hard to do it. However the nice things about the moderates is that they have many quiet pools that aren’t as cool but a pool is a pool. We headed back to the room, Alish packed her backpack up with a drink for everyone and we headed to the skyliner.

Our plan, get off at the first stop, Caribbean Beach and whatever pool we come across first is the pool we will go to. Luckily for us their was a quiet pool right across the street from the Skyliner Hub. Again, with the quiet pools…they’re small and have limited seating. We changed the plan and decided to claim the little beach area as our own and if we are dying in the FL sun we just go take a dip in the pool.

50999899969_e8001e607d.jpg

51082912663_1b9ec68e85.jpg

Today was the dream weather, sunny and warm but not melting. I guess earlier in the week it was high 50s low 60s so I’m glad we didn’t get stuck with that.
We baked in the sun for about an hour and a half. Just enough to now crisp the skin the first time its seen the sun since summer…we will save that for our beach day.

51084826541_4a7b34bc49.jpg

It was a relaxing afternoon full of life talks…from Brittany inviting me to Hawaii if her Ireland honeymoon gets canceled, to Alish moving to Hong Kong, to Brittany telling me a break boys hearts, and me inviting myself to Alish’s friends house to a family dinner later in the trip.

Time flew and we didn’t even swim. We decided to head back to the skyliner and back to the room before Joe got out of work. Our plans for the night was to go to Springs, we originally had reservations at city works but canceled them because Joe wouldn't have been able to join. So surprise surprise while we waited for Joe we played sushi go.

51015641880_23943fe350.jpg

With Magic Bands not a thing anymore with a room reservation Brittany still had one of mine from my trip in November that she gave Joe so he could scan himself in. Turns out like all my magic bands it didn’t work.

Once was everyone was showered, changed and ready for the night we first took a celebratory shot. When we were at the store Brittany told everyone to pick out a little shot bottle because its apparently “Our thing and something we do on our vacations”….aka I’m just trying to save money and not have to buy disney price drinks. The idea was great until Brittany dropped her honey whiskey on the ground and made our room smell like breakfast. But not to fear we had so many bottles to choose from.

Joe was amazed at how much we had to drink but was ready to join the party. This was his first vacation with us, he would always be forced to stay at home with the dog. So he better be ready for whats in store for the next few days. On top of the first vacation with my crazy family, this was also his first Disney vacation. He told me this is my first time staying at a resort….until Brittany said AKL.

51084921327_44b62072ac.jpg

51084826491_90efb95df9.jpg

Joe was so excited about finally experiencing the Disney busses…wild. Welcome to the nice change in Disney Busses where you all get separated but you’re not sitting on stop of someone.

When we got to Springs Brittany wanted to check the wait for Gideon’s. If you are unaware what that it is the newest craze if you like cookies. The new location opened up at springs and there is always a wait. Brittany was at Springs a week prior and texted me saying there was a 3 hour wait….for a cookie. We checked it out to entertain her but they have an online queue that you need to enter once you get to Springs and that was already full for the night.

Our only mission for the night was get something to eat and maybe get a drink somewhere. We decided to try the Hanger Bar, it was an hour wait, so we put our name down and they said we had to wait there if we wanted a seat. We did not want to wait an hour standing there, so we decided to get food. Half of us wanted chicken guy and half of us wanted earls. So we walked to Chicken Guy and tried to mobile order earls but there was a fee to do that. We ended up leaving Brittany with Kiss and Garrett while me Joe and Alish headed for the other side.

Joe was weaving through the crowds and practically running, Alish and I tried our best to keep up and we all managed to make it to earls. I haven't been here in FOREVER! And like always I struggle between the Earls club and thanksgiving sandwich…but like every time the holiday wins.

The chicken guy group finally caught up and we all squished together in a booth.
I have never seen so many people scarf down their food like it was going to be taken away from them. It felt like we were on a time crunch but we truthfully had nothing else planned for the night. At this point we decided to try one place to drink and the group chose the Edison. We headed back to the other side of Springs and put our name down on a list. It was a short wait and they said they would text us when they were ready for us.

We headed to the west side, Brittany and I went into the Disney Lifestyle store. I picked up the overalls we looked at back in November but never bought, thats when Brittany said “Joe got me those and I’m wearing them tomorrow you should buy them so we match” Was a planning on buying them? No before coming I knew all I wanted was the tangled floating lantern mug and maybe the new yellow spirit jersey. We left the store not purchasing anything because we lost our group.

The Edison was ready for us so we headed back and was very sad when they walked us through the restaurant and put us out on the patio. It wasn’t the real experience I was hoping for but none of us really wanted to wait any longer. This is the time we wish we brought sushi go, the service was slow but our waitress was great.

51086490091_cb6dc0c158.jpg

The drinks here were good, nothing to really rave about. I think it truly is for the atmosphere with the live music and we got gypped from that. The waitress also thought it was hilarious that me Samantha went with the Samantha drink.

After our drinks I asked Alish if she would be willing to use her discount. She called out of work today so I knew Disney is weird with using discounts when that happens. She said it was after her scheduled time so she would. That means we headed back to get me some overalls and the spirit jersey because I knew if I didn’t get it I would probably regret it like the hades one they had here. Lesson learned.

Brittany wanted to check Gideon’s one last time before we left…and we all entertained her by doing so. The line was short, but we knew there was a virtual line. Brittany went up to the work and asked if there was any way to get in the line tonight, the girl said no but shook her head yes and motioned us to jump in line. So we did and waited 10 mins max.

51084826886_4af2eb0011.jpg

51084921677_274011b4bb.jpg

51084921662_d67f8a42bc.jpg

The theming was cool, the store itself is super tiny. The cookies are a lot bigger in person but get yourself some milk to go with it. I ended up saving mine for home because of this reason.
Is it worth the 3-4 hour wait? Absolutely not! Its a cookie with a lot of chocolate chips. But we all know that if all the Disney Influencers rave about something its going to blow up and normally it doesn’t live up to the hype. My only advise if its a must do for you on an upcoming trip is get to springs early and get into the virtual queue. I would say do what we did but that might have been a lot of luck on our part. Or just wait for the next must get snack and wait for the hype to die down.

Once everyone got their cookies we decided to call it a night. We headed to the bus stop and why the boys took off sprinting to the bus beats me. I just know one minute everyone is walking and next everyone is running full speed leaving me trailing behind. Jokes on them because we had a huge line to wait in. One bad thing about the new bus operations, no more cramming onto busses at the end of the night. Get ready to wait longer than you normally would.

While we waited I taught Brittany all I could about the Shein clothes app. I’ve been using it for years, great for vacations when you want new clothes because everything is cheap. So I taught her the basics, checking in everyday gives you money and once I had about $10-$12 free for just checking in, Sundays are free shipping, and write a review because you get money back. Plus coupons…and with all of that that’s how I got the bathing suit I wore this day for 12 cents.

A bus finally came to take us away. Alish and I sat in the back and it was a breezy time, they leave the top emergency exit hatch slightly open to circulate air floor. We got back to AoA around 10:30ish and I was ready for that good Disney sleep.​

Drink Drink Sushi Go!

It was our officially first full day in Disney and today we decided to “sleep in”. Lucky us that the time change happened to fall of the weekend we were here so we lost an hour of sleep. Add that and the sofa bed being like a rock the lack of sleep was going to hit me later. I got moving around 8:30 and by this time both Brittany and Joe were already ready and left to get coffee from the front.

How things have changed, I’m so use to be the one who starts getting ready first for any Disney trip and they were all ready. Alish went to get water and someone left the jug out of the fridge….Joe did something bad. When the two lovebirds got back Alish made sure to tell him what he did…and thats when Brittany told me secretly that it was her and not him. As we were all getting ready for the day Brittany noticed little black things in her bed and instantly said bed bugs. I died, a part of me is forever scarred about our DCP and bedbugs that our roommate brought home. It was a false alarm and just black fuzz.

The boys decided to do a early morning pre game before we even left the room. So while they did that Brittany and I took the time to have a “business meeting” By the end of this trip everyone was yelling at us for every business meeting we had AKA any free time that there was was a time to plan. And with so many haters on this trip we now have to business meet long distance because we didn’t have the time we needed to get anything done.

Around 10:15 we headed to the Skyliner, I’ve said it before but these have become one of my favorite things. It truly was the reason I was ok with making the switch to AoA, especially knowing that we were only doing Epcot this trip. With the crowds picking back up we knew there was going to be a line and it was going to look long because of the social distancing, so we walked over to Pop century to get in line. It moved quickly because its a constant moving thing. We knew the trouble wasn’t going to be at our stop it was going to be at the Caribbean Beach stop. When we got off there the line for Epcot was obnoxious! They have a system that works for them but when you see it your sort of confused which line is for which park and where does it end. CM were great and ready to show guests where to go. I think overall we waited less than a half hour and when you think about bus stops now it was still probably quicker.

Since we had time to entertain ourselves Joe was ready to start planning our Oct trip. I call this the Joe trip, he told us when we needed to come down, that he wanted to get a cabin at Fort and the golf cart was a must. No one has to twist my arm to stay at Fort so I was sold right away plus the 50th celebration would just be starting. He then also needed to know if Halloween parties were a thing what the group costume idea was so he can start planning. If we didn’t already know, this would be a point in life were we knew Brittany chose a keeper.

After a quick vacation planning it was time for me to do some bridesmaids duties. Brittany thought this would be the perfect time to work on her wedding invitations. Joe wanted no part leaving me to help her choose what was put on them. This kept us occupied until it was almost our turn.

51093450625_8484636421.jpg

I still talk about topolinos and their mashed potatoes. Highly recommend!

51093180533_e7651bee72.jpg

We got our gondola and after a quick stop to pass through the Riviera we were finally off to Epcot. While on our way Alish texted me from Speedway saying she decided to stop to get drinks…She was heading into work and meeting us in the world showcase where she bought big cans of the white claws and put them in her bag.

We made it to the international gateway (another plus for the skyliner, you bypass the whole front, crowds and construction) Garrett was having ticket trouble and found out it somehow linked to Brittanys? Not sure how that worked. And then Brittany told us how Joe’s mom used his AP to get into the park once with Brittany when Joe was at work because they don't scan your finger anymore.

Our plan today was drink around the world, try all the festival drinks. I had my handy dandy app and was ready to waste all my money. Alish was waiting for us outside of the UK. The boys made there first stop at the pub while we went to the bathroom to open some white claws.

Here’s to twinning, for overpacking and randomly having a white tee in my suitcase, for not planning it but packing the same pack of masks from Old Navy, and for overall pockets that are great drink holders.

51092714959_5e365f0ac6.jpg

51092968136_afe56f870d.jpg

When we found the boys were found a table to claim, since you must be stationary/sitting to take masks off and drink your drink. And since everyone had a drink Alish pulled out sushi go. Nothing like spending money to get into a disney park and play sushi go

51092715059_1ff61b2f3a.jpg

51093450465_0622399164.jpg

We only played a few rounds, just enough to enjoy our drinks. Then we packed everything up and made our way to drink our way to Italy before our lunch reservation. First stop was the convention building where they had 3 different booths and some music.

51093450535_7de38ef51a.jpg

51099692578_f6c43cc6fb.jpg

Two things off my list were here
I got the beef brisket burnt ends and smoked pork belly slider. 10 out of 10 if it was so expensive for the size I would have bought more

51093450495_380eded7d1.jpg

I also got the cider flight - pink lemonade, watermelon and triple jam

51092729412_6cc142fb8f.jpg

Now it was normal for groups to buy drinks and everyone try them before the pandemic. Now people might look at that as a bad thing…I view it as we are poor people as I pass my drink around the table for everyone to try. Pink Lemonade was the best, triple jam the least fav just your basic cider nothing special.

Then we were on to our next stop. Welcome to Canada.
I was the only one to make a stop here and went with the Blackberry beer.
This was good, though not a must get

51092637006_9a85b9c13d.jpg

We didn’t go to far after and ended up going to the citrus blossom. Here the boys tried the crispy pork belly and I didn’t want to drink alone again so I bought the flight and got the coconut key lime beer that we LOVED during F&W. The flight came with the coconut key lime, lemon and hibiscus. The coconut key lime will forever be the winner

51093180523_754415881a.jpg

We sat on the sideline as the princess cavalcade made their way through and then we followed them to Mexico. The mexico line! There was a huge line outside just to get into the pavilion itself. We were all excited about getting margaritas until we saw the line. We had no clue where the line ended and saw them wrapping to where Donald use to meet. We then saw a little sign backstage for the tequila bar and there was no wait.

51092637111_13ee23b79d.jpg

Before you entered they had the menu outside and also had the QR code. Before coming I had my heart set on the Wild One AKA the POG one, I regretted not getting it in November. However everyone was trying new things and while the Black Magic was pricey I went with it. What is black magic? As Alish would say the aftertaste is almost like the burning of Rome over at Spaceship Earth with a splash of Blackberry. It was good but again the Wild One is still my favorite.

51099820027_8bdb7c5bb7.jpg

Since you can’t get a table in the bar anymore and there is literally no where to go in the gift shop area we decided to take our margs to go and headed to Norway, the land of the school bread.

Here we just sat, chatted, enjoyed each others company. The boys chugged down their margaritas and decided to try the viking coffee. This use to be bomb and a must get when drinking around the world. But for some reason it just isn’t the same, it’s not as sweet as it once was. But the boys still enjoyed them

51093042669_c21398ab2e.jpg

51092715089_02b11619fc.jpg

At this point in time Kiss said he lost his ID and thinks he left it back in Mexico. The boys all took a trip back to Mexico and we decided to go take some photos by the water.

51092729562_f2f811c013.jpg

51092729557_7559775448.jpg

51092636996_aefc1bee7a.jpg

The boys met back up with us, Kiss yelled at us saying it wasn't in Mexico it was in the bushes at Norway. It’s not like we knew that. But at least he found it. We skipped passed China and Germany, although we would be back for a grapefruit beer. We just had to get to our lunch reservation.

Via Napoli is a staple of mine, I feel like I always eat here. The four cheese pizza is my favorite and its probably the cheapest sit-down option. Order one large pizza split it by all of us, cheaper than all getting our own meals at a QS. Plus Joe was super excited when he found out I got reservations for it since he has always wanted to eat here (I’m just here to please…but really reservations were limited) So with that being said it was time to eat!

51092637101_7392b825ca.jpg

The Party Hit A Wall

Like every trip I plan we never know who is planning to go to the parks with us on which days. So its always a fun time when trying to get dining reservations. I ended up only being able to get a reservation for 4 and we turned out to be a party of 6. I went to check in and asked if it was possible to add 2 more to our reservation and they were able to make it happen. We were a bit early for our reservation, Brittany and I checked out the “hidden” away from the crowd alcove right next to the pizza window.

51107802066_fbe779a127.jpg

Then we all claimed a table outside and you may have already guessed…sushi go was played.

51107781666_828a81255b.jpg

After a few short rounds our group was being called. So we quickly packed up and headed inside for some delicious pizza. But it didn’t take long for us to sit down order and pull the game back out. To say we were obsessed with this game is an understatement.

51107205127_c716f45e20.jpg

The new mask rule was in full effect, you can’t take off your mask until you get your drink/food.

51107779576_e1f02c2853.jpg

51107700948_2dcdb5865f.jpg

Then our large quarto formaggi pizza came out and boy was it good!

51107781266_f694b2b00c.jpg

We also got a personal pizza which who knows which one that was because I was only here for all the cheeses

51107523284_fd086e2512.jpg

Normally they give you shakers of parm and crushed red peppers, however that is currently not a thing. So a CM came over with the extra grated cheese. Poor thing dropped a large pile in on spot on a slice and was so worried. If only she knew how much extra cheese I normally put on my pizza, so it was only fitting to claim that slice (because she was very stingy with the cheese after that)

Change that to 5 cheeses and its a dream. I remember ordering this for the first time and also getting a normal pepperoni pizza because just a cheese pizza? Doesn’t sound that appetizing. But I was changed, there is just something about it that its not just your casual cheese pizza.

Joe’s first slice…we are classy here. Apparently the hot stringing cheese was not for him so he had to use utensils. But overall he said he really liked it.

51107204077_1ee3113846.jpg

Lunch was a success! We headed out and we already lost Brittany. She stopped to ask someone if they wanted her to take a picture.

51107776881_fdf732c954.jpg

Then we decided to take a few of our own photos.

51108556220_fe17077a5e.jpg

51107204887_ae58a89959.jpg

51109473332_0d3a1b190a.jpg

The group decided to back track back to Germany, the grapefruit beer was calling. The hard decision had to be made, Italian margarita or grapefruit beer. All the boys went with the beer so I decided to go with the margarita because its wonderful (and I could steal some beer from someone else)

51108551240_0a53a85027.jpg

Since you have to be stationary to take off your mask we made our way to Germany and sat on the ground. It was then that we all realized the wall we were hitting. Blame that time change because it was still early in the day and we were all ready to sleep.

51108551615_73573c9d4c.jpg

We tried to get the party started again so we headed back out to the showcase. America…I wanted to try the moonshine sour that everyone is raving about but I was just to full for that to be a thing. So instead we decided to watch the voices of liberty. The boys wanted to keep drinking so me being me said “You do you and we will meet back up” Brittany and I stayed to watch the show. It was a super short set and we found them all just chilling in the back of America.

51107776766_0f4e36f07b.jpg

This is when things went downhill fast. Alish was mad because we hit up my favorite bathroom in Epcot and missed the next showing of America Adventure. She was getting cranky and needed a nap.

51108551425_d7d85fa712.jpg

The party died, shut it down! Lesson learned make a dinner reservation instead of lunch so you can make it around the world and not call it quits. It was hot, we were full and everyone was tired and moody. Right then and there we decided to make a new plan. We opted to go to Japan for some AC and go from there.

Alish was really thriving…

51107782156_e63cef6f02.jpg

51107205102_0c032ae9c7.jpg

Business meetings can finally be announced!

After what feels like hours and months of researching and planning we are excited to finally announce that we are opening up a Disney inspired small shop on Etsy!

One Spark Co was created with just a few sparks of imagination
As of right now we are still getting everything in order but are excited to see where this dream will take us.
We are launching our shop Friday May 14th!

While we still have about a month till the shop officially opens we did launch our Instagram account to give you sneak peaks of designs we have been working hard on. You can follow us at @OneSparkCo

The Story of how it all started….

Brittany got a cricut for Christmas 2019 and loved it, she kept telling me how I should get one. Then when the pandemic started she was full in crafting mode and texted me one day on how she wanted to start up a side business for fun. She said she wanted to bring the idea up to me so we could go in it together and she knew how crafty I was. The idea truly stopped there, after a quick “That would be fun! Lets do it!” Truthfully I had no idea where to start nor had the tools to start anything

Flash forward to fall, Brittany got rid of her laptop in exchange for an iPad and got Procreate. Another “You really need to get this, you are more creative then me when it comes to designing things” Before I went down in November to Disney she sent me 3 shirt designs she made and I was ready. I started looking into iPads and circuts. When the family went to Disney the night of Topolinos we were all sitting in the room hanging out and we brought up the idea. Both our moms told us to do it and that they were help run the books. But still at this point it was still “one day”

Black friday I decided to snag a cricut and Christmas I bought myself an iPad for being an “essential worker” this whole pandemic. My biggest fear would be that I bought these things and would never use the cricut. Turns out it has become a lifesaver for work, no more cutting out letters for bulletin boards during nap time, labeling shelves, my mickey balloon birthday board would never be a thing because I would never cut those out free hand. Overall it was the greatest purchase for that. My iPad and procreate…I’m constantly just doodling things.

Once I got the feel of things I started getting more serious about the idea. I knew I didn’t want to just dive in and start up an etsy without doing some research, people do that and props to them I need to make lists upon lists. This is where TikTok came in. Truthfully this app helped me out the most. I found my way to the small business side of tiktok where they told me things from banking, packaging, whole sale websites to order apparel, thank you cards business logo stickers, all the apps they use to run their business, things they would have known before they started. So I started writing it all down and put them in binders. At this point I didn’t really inform Brittany that I was so far down the rabbit hole in research, I knew she was knee deep in wedding planning that she didn’t need to add it to her list of things to do.

February rolled around, I had binders filled with everything possible all sorted with specific tabs. Brittany was headed home for a weekend for her nieces baby shower and we had plans to hang out one night. I was ready to just bring her her binder and throw out the idea of “hey I did all this research, my hearts set on it now” However that didn’t happen because her niece ended up having complications and had her baby 2 months early, Brittany was left being in charge of the drive by baby shower and setting up the nursery.

While I didn't see her I informed her of how I was spending my free time for the past month and sent her the things I drew up. We had a few short weeks till this March trip and I had plans to make all my shirts, bring them with me and take pictures. So I rushed to make them, just to find out that we couldn't get into MK (AKA of course my first batch is MK) I made the shirts anyway, brought them down and left them with Brittany so if she ever went to the parks she could get pictures.

So then it brings us to this trip, little “business meetings” when we could get them in and when I got home it was in full swing trying to order everything we need and we are still in that process. But May 14th is going to be here sooner than we think and we couldn't be more excited about it!​

We Ride...We Sleep

Alish was currently dying and hating everyone. The mood shifted very quickly and we decided to call it an end to traveling the world. Instead we decided to go change up the plan and head to the world showcase. Alish had to pick up something from her friend at mousegears but first we decided to go to the land.

51107780526_f1835c10fa.jpg

The lack of AC when you stepped into the pavilion was disappointing. There was no jolt of cold air to wake you up. The boys decided they still needed more food and I was very confused. So we found a table, they mobile ordered and Brittany and I took off.

At this point I was just following the crowd, I was unsure why we were even at sunshine seasons but I knew I didn’t really want to wait around while they ordered and ate. So Brittany and I decided to go see the butterflies. Alish would never go in there and neither would Joe so it was a perfect opportunity.

51107524204_1838ae7957.jpg

I don’t really know what I was expecting walking in but I knew it wasn’t what I got. There were hardly any butterflies and just a walk through of flowers. So truthfully kind of not thrilling but we can say that we did it.

51107780281_2d5a9a2aa1.jpg

51107205882_b0c40553ec.jpg

51108556755_bf86f9bcba.jpg

Then we learned that the lack of butterflies was for the reason that they just weren’t ready to be butterflies yet. Fair enough

51107781321_ca5e241e90.jpg

Our quick little side field trip left us feeling anything but excited, so we headed back to the land and met back up with our group. They were all finishing up with whatever they got to eat and we all headed to the land. We did come all the way to epcot we might as well do one attraction, so why not pick the one that is a wake on. Plus everyone seemed to just want to close there eyes.

51107675058_4d1cdc3383.jpg

51108551520_8e3727aa95.jpg

After listing to the land we all love, we headed over to mouse gears. Then came the realization of why I don’t like the current state of Epcot and choose to take the skyliner here. The front is a mess and you have to walk out of your way to get to the other side of future world. But with a nice stroll, Disney was kind enough to give us beautiful topiaries and wall art.

51107205992_637125f22d.jpg

51107523974_713bc48a19.jpg

51107674563_3bbb61950d.jpg

51107205347_06b27737fd.jpg

51107523929_923b580db0.jpg

Once making it to the fake mouse gears, we were glad to see that there was no line to get in. Right away Alish spotted her friend out and working, the rest of us browsed the new tiny store. I was in search of the tangled mug…I knew I wouldn't find it here, but mouse gears use to have everything. No mug was found and no new mug was brought home. What a shame.

I finally got to meet the famous Jenny. She use to be a character attendant who worked with Alish but since the pandemic and that job not really needed as much she was moved to merchandise. We let them have the time to talk, while the rest of us tried to make a game plan. Everyone was crashing, we knew Alish was completely over today, so our first option was to go back to the room and do the monorail bar crawl. AKA I just wanted to get bread pudding at the tambu lounge. Everyone seemed to be in for the idea…but then Joe asked if we could hold off and do that tomorrow so he could join. So we scratched that plan and decided to head out of Epcot anyways and maybe try the abracadabar at the Boardwalk.

We told Alish the plan and she said she would meet us since she had to get her car anyways. Perfect! That seemed to make everyone happy. We all headed back to the showcase and on our way I knew we would be making a stop at Norway to pick up a school bread. I then also wanted to try the special funnel cake at America, this funnel cake was top food on my list to get at the festival.

So we were walking and as we got close to Mexico Kiss goes “If I pay can we all get another margarita” I’m going to let you know that no one turned down a free margarita. So our first stop was Mexico. We headed for the bar entrance just to be sad when they closed it! Everyone was now waiting in the same like to get into the pavilion and we were not liking that since the line was still wrapped around outside. So no free drink. Lame

We were able to stop and get school bread. Kiss and Garrett decided to get one as well. Welcome to the school bread loving group boys!

51107525939_ac44980646.jpg

Because I got the school bread everyone told me how I didn’t need the funnel cake, I was so sad. But agreed. Later on they all thought I wanted some plain boring funnel cake and thats why they told me not to get it. No this was a little personal size with cheesecake ice-cream and blueberries, to this day I regret not getting it.

We headed out of the park with one last topiary

51107782171_52deab5e09.jpg

I am so happy there's another trip report to read. The gangs back together again!

Congratulations on the upcoming opening of your Etsy Store. I wish you much success. I just followed you on Instagram. I look forward to seeing your designs.

How cute are those overalls that you and Brittany have on-adorable!

I am so happy there's another trip report to read. The gangs back together again!

Congratulations on the upcoming opening of your Etsy Store. I wish you much success. I just followed you on Instagram. I look forward to seeing your designs.

How cute are those overalls that you and Brittany have on-adorable!

We're all back together!
Thank you so much, we are excited to see how it goes.
I'm really glad I decided to buy them on a spur of the moment I love them

Calling It An Early Night

When we made it to the boardwalk Alish called saying they wouldn't let her park at the resort and that she had to go to springs to get a bus. She said she was headed back to the resort to wait for us. As soon has I hung up I told everyone what happened. I looked at Kiss and said do you still want to go or do we go back, he chose the get a quick drink. I knew that probably wasn't the right choice but the choice was made.

51115439226_d155ec6353.jpg

This experience was kind of a bust, we liked it the last time we came, which is why I suggested it. However we were seated in the back at a high counter with not enough stools. So I stood the whole time. Brittany and Joe decided to not get anything and it took forever to order and get our drinks. However the fries did make up for it, they are still as good as I remembered

51115351643_fa01b69481.jpg

51116238675_77c6b9dd12.jpg

Would I rush back to come here? No. Do I miss Jellyrolls? Absolutely!
After our not so quick drink and knowing very well our sister would be in a worst mood when we got back, we headed back to the skyliner.

I can’t say the epcot resorts are my top favorite but the area itself is one of my favorites on property. Its just always so peaceful.

51116234265_931f3f16da.jpg

51115441071_59514acb68.jpg

51115438966_d9d53d9a9f.jpg

What everyone in our group was looking forward to for our October trip…

51115351398_febee7cab2.jpg

When Brittany and I can already say we’ve done it and that I’m looking forward to the crepe stand more.

51115439176_f9ab6eed64.jpg

One our way back to AoA we decided to mobile order dinner that way we could pick it up on our way through to the room. I had Kiss ask Alish if she wanted anything. We placed the order and we made it back to the resort.

When we got to the main building we confirmed that we were ready to pick up our food. This was a long process, we waited outside of the cafeteria for a good amount of time and of course my kids meal chicken nugget was the last one to be ready. The picking up process was easy the app gave you a number and you went to the number. There CMs had your food on trays ready for you.

51114877572_4d7edbe33a.jpg

The drink/condiment line was the worst! So bad in fact that when I got in there Brittany asked me what drink I ordered so she could just get mine. This is when I learned they didn’t look at anything for drinks, you were basically free to get any drink.

We headed back to the room with our food and we entered a room of crabbiness, I could have called this but it was either that or Kiss being crabby with me that we didn't do anything like planned. Its a pick and choose wisely for this game of which sibling to get mad at you. And we probably chose wrong.

51115351468_188478405b.jpg

The night sure did end quickly after that. We packed up everything we needed for our road trip the next morning and called it a night. Truthfully everyone just needed to sleep and it was showing.​

A Little Vitamin Sea

Today was beach day and I was so excited to crisp up in the sun! When I booked this trip Brittany knew I did not want to give all my money to Disney for tickets since they are still refusing me to get an AP. So right away she said we could do a day trip to the beach and I was sold! Her soon to be mother in law was kind enough to let us take her car and packed the trunk with chairs, umbrellas and a cooler. Then maybe a week before Brittany asked if we wanted to rent clear bottom kayaks. As she would say Joe and I were going to do it on a little getaway before the wedding but I knew you would enjoy it more…sorry Joe.

Since we had rented the kayaks we had to leave bright and early. We woke up at 7am and were out of the room by 7:30. We left Joe in the room sleeping because he unfortunately had the joy of going to work today. So we hit the road and headed to St Petes, which is about an hour and a half away from Disney. We got on the road earlier than needed just so we wouldn't be late.

Everyone in the back seat passed out right away, Brittany informed me that I was not allowed to sleep going or coming back because I had the duty of being the co-pilot. This duty also included being the DJ. So we started our morning off right with Taylor Swift’s Lover album because its a bop. We then trickled into some showtunes, Hamilton and Dear Evan Hansen to be exact. The joys of being my friend is that when I become obsessed with a new show my friends have to hear me talk about it constantly and then I make them listen to the album. My favorite thing about show tune car sing alongs is to see what harmonies the other person chooses from a song. Brittany and I were just harmonizing galore.

When we got to Tampa we hit the traffic, total stand still. So this was a perfect time to enjoy some breakfast.

51129544616_38ce5a0aa0.jpg

I love school bread this is not a new thing here. Brittany however hates school bread and by hate I mean she always wants to try it but doesn’t like custard. So me being the great friend that I am tried to break off pieces with no custard what so ever and she was so mad at how good it was and that they don't make it without custard.

The stand still was because of a huge accident. We were able to get off but once that happened we were lost and Brittany had no clue how to get us to the overpass. After rerouting we managed to find our way back to where we needed and while we were looking at being over a half hour early we ended up being 20 mins late.

We called when we knew we weren’t going to make it on time, once we got to the dock we met Nick who was there waiting with our kayaks. We filled out waivers and we were off. There wasn’t enough for everyone to get there own so Brittany and I teamed up.

51129754103_dcf2563051.jpg

When Brittany booked this they emailed her a map of the 3 little islands we could go to. However she left her phone in the car because we didn't trust ourselves. So we paddled and explored.

51129544541_e0b56152a0.jpg

We ended up hitting a dead end and the paddled all the way around it. On the opposite side we found a nice sand bar that we claimed as our own little island.

51129544526_14182e1a65.jpg

51129584572_27bce7cb31.jpg

With it being spring break we knew the beach was going to be packed, so to have the ocean to our selves with no one around was perfect. Plus with the kayaks they also gave us chairs so we could sit out in the sun or shade.

51129544551_6b9b60a8ed.jpg

We could walk out forever before it started getting deep

51129584547_4e29c271a5.jpg

51132563460_1bf12578f2.jpg

We stayed here for a good amount of time, before some of the group felt the crisp of there skin. Kiss took to the shade

51130656465_b83af9feda.jpg

And since he was no more sun until we had to paddle back we decided to do some exploring.

51129754163_020745ab80.jpg

51129754158_fe6deabf33.jpg

We spent about an hour here, and before we headed back we decided to make a game plan. We were all in need of food so we decided to head back, call nick to pick up the kayaks, find food and head to the actual beach for about an hour before we head back to Disney property.

We all got back in our kayaks and headed back to the dock. The one we needed to use is a public one therefore when we got back there were so many people trying to use it. When it was clear to go we claimed the dock and called Nick to say we were done. The office is about 10-15 mins away so we waited around. When he arrived we asked him multiple times if we could help him load them into the truck and he said no. So we headed to the car and hoped during the middle of the day that we could find beach parking.​

Sunburn and Mountain Melts

We somehow managed to get prime parking how that works who knows. But I’m not going to complain about it. A few things first…Fl is wild. We knew this. So seeing everyone walking around without masks in such a large crowd was crazy to see. We did not follow that trend and kept our masks on

51141413280_68a005259c.jpg

Before we even thought about the beach, we needed food. There was a little shack right next to the parking lot so we decided thats where we were going. We all ordered and tried to find a table with some shade. While we waited for our food the boys ran across the street to CVS to get themselves more sunscreen. Since we all ordered separate our food all came out at different times. Brittany scarfed hers down within seconds before my food even came out. The boys came back with not just sunscreen but more drinks. Note: we already have a cooler of drinks in the car.

While the boys finished I went back to the car with Brittany to start getting all the beach stuff. On the way over she called me out…and by that she asked if I was ok/tired. As she would say “I know you, you randomly stopped talking so that means you're tired or you need food” I sure did become mute while we waited for our food. The sun was taking a toll on me and I was ready for a nap.

We all grabbed something from the car and headed to the beach. It was pretty packed but that was to be expected for mid afternoon on spring break. We claimed a spot and set up camp. We had one umbrella and a little pop up tent for everyone who didn’t want to see the sun anymore.

51141078584_8b7aa22b50.jpg

51139629377_8d2c47412a.jpg

One we settled down Joe called Brittany and said he was getting out of work early. We all laughed because we were 2 hours away and were going to spend at least an hour at the beach.
I didn’t come to sleep on the beach (which probably would have been good for me) I came for the water

51141078564_e56a6f2001.jpg

The water was a bit brisk but it was refreshing. Our time at the beach was basically wedding talk. Brittany informed me that I didn’t have to come down in June for her shower because her niece and mom planned to throw one back home since no one wanted to travel. My original plan was to come down for her bridal shower and go to MK the day before since I wasn’t able to this trip. But she told me not to come so there goes a quick Disney trip.

It was a nice hour in the sun and water, we packed up, used the outside showers, changed and headed back to Disney. The true test was staying awake for the ride back. My sleepy blood was hitting me hard but I managed to stay awake. Surprise Surprise the back row passed out right away. This long ride back though gave us time to talk more about the Etsy shop, we managed to lock down our mailing supplies and launch date. So that was exciting to actually have a date to get everything ready (and its quickly coming up and thats wild)

We managed to once again get stuck at a stand still because of a bad accident. This time we were about a half hour away and we didn’t get back to AoA until 6:30ish. We also got to enjoy seeing the new painted sign. Welcome home!

51140297176_8d712a7e3b.jpg

We had plans to go to Ale House for dinner, so we all quickly showered and was prepared for the water to burn our sunburned skin.

Once everyone was ready we headed out. Since there was to many people we needed to take two cars. Joe took the boys, and they were all pumped (as Brittany informed me Joe loves Kiss) We all made it to Ale House and waited for a table. This was the start of a very slow night a head of us. We officially hit that part where my skin was radiating heat and I was freezing.

There was a lot of down time from ordering our food to actually getting our food. Brittany and I started with the special of the night for st patricks day, we got a pitcher of moscow mule with jameson. And to go with that we pulled out sushi go. This truly saved us tonight from boredom waiting for our food

51141410200_9682c19cdf.jpg

Our waitress then came over and said they got a new time bartender so if we wanted to test him we should order a certain shot. We were not having any of that. Would we take a free shot? Yes. Are we going to pay for shots we don't even want from someone not knowing how to make drinks? No. We were still waiting for our food and since hockey was on they were all talking about the player who got his neck sliced opened by a skate. Then Brittany proceeded to find said video and made me watch it. I was scarred for life.

Finally our mountain melts made it to the table and we all dived right on in

51139633182_5f7f852917.jpg

The mountain melt made up for the horrible service. After dinner we headed back to the resort and planned on drinking all the alcohol we had back in the room. It was bound to be a wild night.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter