YOLO Part Cruise: Land, Sea and Halloween! Updatedx2 4/27 TRIP VIDEO

What a fun night in MK, hitting all the highlights! :thumbsup2 And the best way to dry off after getting soaked on Splash is DEFINITELY getting whipped around on Big Thunder.

I always thought Disney provided transportation from WDW to the port! I am learning all kinds of stuff reading this TR. :rotfl: Maybe that was only back when they did Land & Sea packages or something? :confused3 That's really cool that you were able to get on a bus set up by other DISers. For a long-ish trip out to the port, it's pretty cool to be able to share a cheaper ride with a bunch of people you already know you have something in common with.

Having never cruised at all, much less a Disney cruise, I am really excited that you are getting to this point in your TR! I can't wait to see all of the fun stuff y'all did while cruising. It looks like there is SO much activity going on!

Disney does provide transportation from both the airport and resorts to the port, it just comes at a high price. It's no magical express when you get it for free if you stay on property.
I am so excited to get to this point of the TR, I don't think there has been a day since the cruise that I haven't stopped talking about it. It was literally the best thing I ever did. And just like Disney world....THERE IS NO SLEEPING!​

Who Waits 30 Minutes After Eating To Swim?

Before we step foot on the Disney Dream I would like to take a moment to thank 2 of the most wonderful people here on the Disboards, Posin Ivy and Johnny Quest, without these 2 me and my family wouldn’t have been on the Dream (Since it was a DVC members cruise and we aren’t members) and this trip report wouldn’t have happened. I am so grateful that 2 complete strangers were so generous to link our reservations with theirs!

Back to your regular scheduled program…

Once you step foot on the Dream, you are stopped by a CM. This CM will ask you your party’s name. Then they will introduce your party and you walk onto the Dream while a line of CMs cheer you on. MAGICAL!!!!

Right as you walk in on the left was a HUGE tree

With pumpkins that said

After you are welcomed onto the boat a CM will bring your party into a small group and tell you information like, “Your room wont be ready till 1” and “In the mean time you can go to deck 11 and eat lunch at Cabanas”

Before we went to Cabanas we first took in all the Fall decorations

And Andy took a photo with his favorite duck

Trying to get on an elevator was quite a joke, with everyone going to Deck 11 it became the hurry and jump in an elevator or you will be left behind.

Once we got to Deck 11 there were 2 CMs leading the way.

If you look closely you may notice a CM holding the door open with something in her hands. Every time you enter a food place on the ship or castaway you are given a hand wipe (hence why there is a hand washing part in the video) Gotta get the ship sanitary.

Cabanas is a HUGE buffet with so much food.
They have pizza, sandwiches, chicken fingers, noodle salad, mac & cheese, French fries, crab claws, shrimp, fish, a whole dessert section, and ice cream…and more!

After filling our plates, we found a big circle table with little tables near by.

Once we finished eating, Alicia, Brittany and myself took a walk to find the bathroom. We decided that it would be smart to also change into our bathing suits so we could hit the pool after.

Everyone was still eating when we left so we decided to go back to Cabanas to meet up with them. Cabanas is a big half circle so it looks identical on both side. We walked around twice looking for them and then realized they left us.

So we decided to go check out the pools, right as you leave Cabanas you are right at the pools. Once we got out in the Florida sun we saw Pa already sun bathing. The deck was dead, there had to be only 2 other families. We grabbed some chairs and soaked in the beauty.

It was literally perfect!

We had things to do…our first mission was getting on the aquaduck before the crowds came.

Sarah was prepared with her sunscreen unlike the rest of us

The deck was so HOT to the point where I had to hop into the mickey pool to cool my feet off. With everyone ready to hit up the aquaduck we made a run for it. The stairs felt like we were walking on burning coals, but soon we got to a shaded area and our feet cooled down.

While we were burning our feet, Gma was relaxing in the shade

Continue to Next Post

cracking up at that picture of gma at the end of the post!!! she is the cutest.

loved the trip video!! me and my 6 year old watched- he now runs through the house singing "they see me rollin...they hatin" hahahaha

can't wait for the next update!! love the YOLO reports!!!

It’s so much nicer having the gate over near Storybook Circus open!!! I like the Brew, but it’s not as great as I remember it being the very first time, oh well! It’s a once in a while thing for me anyways! Lol!

I haven’t really had a chance to play around in the new BTMRR stuff either! We were behind a group that was doing it when the line wasn’t quite slow enough, and a friend kept rolling her eyes as they were stopping, so I didn’t want to stop too lol!

THAT IS EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS ON DISNEY TAP WATER!!! Seriously. I tell everyone it’s like drinking dirty pirate water, like, straight off the ride, bahaha! Cute purse! I like the pattern!

What an awesome thing to do to arrange a bus to the port! I’ve always kinda wondered how that would work, I’m surprised Disney doesn’t do something for ya! So weird that I hadn’t even thought of stuff like bag check and security before getting onto a cruise, makes sense though! Lol

Oh my gosh there is SO MUCH to do on the cruises, that’s insane! Lol. And movies that haven’t come out yet, that’s awesome! Glad you guys were all able to find some awesome stuff to be excited for! Cruise ships will forever baffle me with how much is on them, pools, restaurants and all, it’s crazy!

Great report Sammy,
We all had a great time cruising with everyone and feel very lucky to have met you guys. Some things are just meant to be.

Looks like everyone was having a great time. Can't wait to read more.

JQ

I can already tell I am going to learn a lot about DCL from this trip report. I didn't know they decorated for holidays! The fall decorations are adorable. Love those Welcome Home pumpkins. :thumbsup2

I can't wait to read how the AquaDuck went. It looks like so much fun! Smart idea to do that first before it got crowded.

cracking up at that picture of gma at the end of the post!!! she is the cutest.

loved the trip video!! me and my 6 year old watched- he now runs through the house singing "they see me rollin...they hatin" hahahaha

can't wait for the next update!! love the YOLO reports!!!

She just loved the cruise! It was always her dream to be on one, so whats better than having your dream come true on the disney dream?!
Thank you so much! That is one of the precious things ever!!! :rotfl:

I can't read this anymore! It makes me so sad. WHY AM I NOT ON A CRUISE RIGHT NOW?!

I ASK THIS QUESTION EVERYDAY OF MY LIFE :sad:

Come home and do my homework, then I can update more.​

It’s so much nicer having the gate over near Storybook Circus open!!! I like the Brew, but it’s not as great as I remember it being the very first time, oh well! It’s a once in a while thing for me anyways! Lol!

I haven’t really had a chance to play around in the new BTMRR stuff either! We were behind a group that was doing it when the line wasn’t quite slow enough, and a friend kept rolling her eyes as they were stopping, so I didn’t want to stop too lol!

THAT IS EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS ON DISNEY TAP WATER!!! Seriously. I tell everyone it’s like drinking dirty pirate water, like, straight off the ride, bahaha! Cute purse! I like the pattern!

What an awesome thing to do to arrange a bus to the port! I’ve always kinda wondered how that would work, I’m surprised Disney doesn’t do something for ya! So weird that I hadn’t even thought of stuff like bag check and security before getting onto a cruise, makes sense though! Lol

Oh my gosh there is SO MUCH to do on the cruises, that’s insane! Lol. And movies that haven’t come out yet, that’s awesome! Glad you guys were all able to find some awesome stuff to be excited for! Cruise ships will forever baffle me with how much is on them, pools, restaurants and all, it’s crazy!

But really! The struggles we went through before they added it. They added so much stuff to Big Thunder and it's all so detailed. From what I saw it is a wonderful addition. It's either Pirate water or Splash water, I love the smell of it...just not the taste.
Disney does have a bus that takes you to the port. It also shows a cute video like the magical express from the airport to Disney. The price however is a little outrageous for a large group of people.
The amount of stuff to do on a cruise ship is crazy, you need to go on one multiple times just to get everything done.​

Great report Sammy,
We all had a great time cruising with everyone and feel very lucky to have met you guys. Some things are just meant to be.

Looks like everyone was having a great time. Can't wait to read more.

JQ

THANK YOU!
I couldn't have said it better myself.​

Considering what it costs $100 is still a super deal!
That Mickey pool looks so awesome, I need to go on a Disney cruise ASAP.

I was definitely happy to save 100, which just went towards merchandise.
I have become OBSESSED with this cruise and can't wait to get onto another one!​

I can already tell I am going to learn a lot about DCL from this trip report. I didn't know they decorated for holidays! The fall decorations are adorable. Love those Welcome Home pumpkins. :thumbsup2

I can't wait to read how the AquaDuck went. It looks like so much fun! Smart idea to do that first before it got crowded.

I've made sure to take lots of notes about the cruise. I also kept every single one of the navigators. For cruises in september-october they had a special halloween cruise where you could actually trick or treat one night. Unfortunately our cruise didn't have that.​

Feet Water and Ice Cream Galore​

First people up on the aquaduck was me and Brittany, there was no line and a CM was waiting for people. We hopped onto the raft and away we went. First off it smelled so bad! Like dirty feet water&I was not a fan. Then if you sit in the back you get soaked with dirty feet water on your ride.

While we were all enjoying the aquaduck Jackson was enjoying the pool. He had no desire to go on the aquaduck.

After the first rounds of the aquaduck we decided to go once more. Gotta get on it while there is no line. The CM was happy to see us and this time he said he was going to do something special for us but we werent allowed to tell anyone else. (He gave us an extra boost by kicking our raft)

After our second time around we decided we had enough of the smelly feet water and took the party to the baby Mickey pool. While we relaxed we played the trivia game on the Big Screen.

The jets in this pool were crazy strong, it was like a lazy river with out the rafts

While we were enjoying the pool Brad and Sarah experienced the feeling of burning their feet off.

Aunt Lisa tried to get Jackson to go with her but he wasnt having any of that. So her and Ma decided to go. Sister bonding time.

Danielle and Adam joined our pool party

Once everyone enjoyed the aquaduck, we all mirgrated to Mickeys ear and sun bathed

During this time Aunt Lisa was able to talk Jackson into going on the aquaduck, and he seemed to enjoy every minute of it.

While we were all enjoying the sun Gma took a little snooze in the shade

Living the dream!

But our fun was cut short when we noticed a dark cloud coming our way. It started to drizzle, then it got a little harder, but not much. Just enough to decide that we should probably move all our stuff under shelter. So we hopped out of the pool and grabbed as much as we could and moved it to where Gma was hanging out. Since it was raining, it was the perfect opportunity to get some ice cream, which is located on the same deck

The best thing about a cruise, if you are hungry you can walk up and just grab some good with no cost. So when we wanted ice cream, we got ice cream (this happened A LOT!)

With our bellies full of ice cream, the sun decided to come back out. Danielle, Brittany, and myself sat out in the sun hoping to catch some rays. But that didnt happen because it was almost time to go find our cabins!!!!!

We grabbed all our carry ons and made our way to the staircase. We walked down 2 flights of stairs to Deck 9 where our cabins were located. Once we made it to deck 9 we hit a wall of people. It was not time yet so everyone was hanging out. A titanic reference was made saying, it looks like we are the people gated in and we are going to die. Lucky for us there arent any icebergs to be found in the Bahamas.

In Disney terms is like rope drop in the morning, everyone crammed in a little area waiting for the ropes to drop so you can make a made dash to your room.
Soon people were moving and it was time!

Continue to Next Post

First of all- not TR related but it was so cute that you decorated your g-ma's house for her birthday!! i used to do the same stuff for my g-ma before she passed away. *saw it on instagram btw

can't even believe how much you got done in the first hours of your cruise, also I'm strangely interested to see the room mate situation with all of those people? I don't know why, maybe it's because I have read all of your TRs and feel like I know you and Britt and Andy and Alicia's dynamic and can't wait to see how everyone else fits in.

And yes, Ryan is still singing the song from your video and yes we have watched it at least five more times. As far as I'm concerned it deserves some type of award for the fact that your pretty amazingly sing the almost the entire soundtrack through-out.

First of all- not TR related but it was so cute that you decorated your g-ma's house for her birthday!! i used to do the same stuff for my g-ma before she passed away. *saw it on instagram btw

can't even believe how much you got done in the first hours of your cruise, also I'm strangely interested to see the room mate situation with all of those people? I don't know why, maybe it's because I have read all of your TRs and feel like I know you and Britt and Andy and Alicia's dynamic and can't wait to see how everyone else fits in.

And yes, Ryan is still singing the song from your video and yes we have watched it at least five more times. As far as I'm concerned it deserves some type of award for the fact that your pretty amazingly sing the almost the entire soundtrack through-out.

Thank you! She was out of town for her birthday and I remembered one time when I was younger that we decorated her door when she was away, so I thought I should do it again. So one side was happy birthday with a new tv and above her couch said welcome home.
Luckily the 4 of us got to share a room. We got 5 cabins in total and we were luckily all close together for the most part.
YESSS!!! I was singing it today as well! Fun fact: Party rock was chosen during the trip because it was played multiple times on the cruise. It is also a popular song so we knew most of the words.​

Welcome To Our Home On The Sea

We had no clue where we were going. We knew we were in an inside room so we were looking down each hallway, luckily for us our luggage was waiting outside our door for us!

Brad and Sarahs cabin was right next door, Ma and Pa were staying right behind Brad and Sarah. Gma, Aunt Lisa, KC and Jackson were on the same deck just on the other end of the boat. I never went to Danielle and Adams room, so I have no clue where they were.

As we walked in we just EXPLODED! Literally! I mean when we walked in we were greeted with a gift on our bed

We waited to open them and checked out our little cabin we would be calling home.
When you first walk in you need to place one room key into a slot by the door to turn on your lights.
We got a cabin with a split bathroom so as soon as you walked in there were 2 doors on our left. The first door was the toilet and a sink

The next door led to a very tiny shower and another sink

We got some lovely H2O products, the lotion became our best friend throughout the trip

Across from the bathrooms was a closet that held our life vests and safe.
From there it opens up into a bigger living area

Alicia and Andy took the bed, while Brittany took the couch, which turns into a sofa bed and I got the cot that came down from the ceiling.

So after looking around we got changed and ready for the night that was awaiting us. I had Alicia write all our names on our Fish Extender.
Then it was time to decorate our door!

Our lovely FE

What is a fish extender?
A Fish extender is a fish that is hanging on the wall outside your stateroom door. It is there for CMs to leave you messages throughout your stay. A group of people started a thing called the fish extender exchange, which is almost like secret Santa in a way.
On the cruise meet page for this cruise you could sign up to participate in a couple different fish extender exchanges. Once you sign up, you get a list of all the cabins participating, which includes how many people are in the room, ages, and celebrations if any. You then bring gifts for each room on the list, you can either do a room gift or a gift for each person. Then throughout your cruise you go around the ship and place them in their fish extender pockets. It was so FUN, most of the time when you went back to your room there would be a little gift awaiting in your FE pockets.

Next it was time to open up our DVC gifts. We all sat on the bed and opened them up. Each mini suitcase had a little message hopping we enjoyed our gift and more would becoming each night&.I was the odd ball out who didnt get the message.

Inside included a baseball cap, water bottle, tote bag, sand cup to keep things safe from the sand on castaway, and sunglasses. I personally use the bag and water bottle a lot.

Kiss came over to our cabin because it was time for us to go explore the ship.

We had no idea where we were going, we just wondered around till we found something. First thing we found was some portholes

After walking around for a bit we came across the oceaneers club.
Luckily for us they were having a open house, which meant we were actually allowed to play in there! The CMs welcomed us in and told us we could explore what ever we wanted.

But before we could have any fun, we had to wash our hands

I could wash my hands ALL DAY there! These should be EVERYWHERE!

Soon we were entering the world of Disney movies!

Continue to Next Post

What?!?!

You cannot stop here!!!

You have no idea how much I am loving this trip report!

I loved that cruise! I wish I was there right now! I am so glad you guys had a ball. And I love all the great detail you are showing. Really puts us right back there on the Dream.

We did so many different things than you on the very same cruise, which is what's so great about the ship. Now I wish I had eaten at Cabanas and gotten ice cream and swam in the mickey pool and rode the Aquaduck on this trip.

Very smart decisions.

oh and I couldn't figure out where this video is that keeps getting referenced?
But I finally saw it linked to your first post. We should send that to the meet thread too.

Great video! Very well done. I of course shamelessly love the FE segments.

Tell your mother, if I ever get the opportunity to do a member's cruise again, hers will be one of the first arms I twist.

What?!?!

You cannot stop here!!!

You have no idea how much I am loving this trip report!

I loved that cruise! I wish I was there right now! I am so glad you guys had a ball. And I love all the great detail you are showing. Really puts us right back there on the Dream.

We did so many different things than you on the very same cruise, which is what's so great about the ship. Now I wish I had eaten at Cabanas and gotten ice cream and swam in the mickey pool and rode the Aquaduck on this trip.

Very smart decisions.

oh and I couldn't figure out where this video is that keeps getting referenced?
But I finally saw it linked to your first post. We should send that to the meet thread too.

Great video! Very well done. I of course shamelessly love the FE segments.

Tell your mother, if I ever get the opportunity to do a member's cruise again, hers will be one of the first arms I twist.

I'm sorry, glad to hear that you are enjoying it!
I loved the cruise so much, it was the best vacation yet. I need to go back on the dream just to get different things done that I never got a chance to do this trip.
Thank you, I just needed to document out FE adventure because it was such a big part of the trip.
She says that you won't have to twist her arm much :rotfl:

Oceaneers Club - Children At Play

The oceaneers club has one big room with a dance floor and themed rooms branching off. The first room we visited was Andys room, I mean lets be real a room dedicated to toy story is my kind of room.

I seriously cant get over this room, they had a huge tub of barrels of monkeys, create your own huge mr potato head, and toy story was playing.

Photo shoot in Andys room!

HAM!

Andys Bed, Ill be sleeping here everynight on the cruise

Slinky dog

Who was a big tube that children could crawl in&..Im a child!

I regret nothing

Finally after all the waiting the planking princess made an appearance

The last toy story character was RV

While it was sad to say goodbye to my beloved toy story characters it was time to visit the monster world.
This room was cute, there was a big door play set where the floor light up underneath you. There was also a door game where you spun a wheel and moved your door to how many spaces you spun.

Be that Statue!!!!

I let myself down this time&

It was kisss first time playing be that statue, it was a moment to remember!

The next room we ventured into was pixie hallow which was just some computers, we didnt take much time exploring there. So off to Nemo where there was a cute submarine that held more computers.

The main area of the oceaneers club was a big room with a dance floor. The ceiling was the cutest thing ever!

Peter pan was just flying across the ceiling

In the Oceaneers club in the middle there is a science lab where you can make flubber and other fun experiments. We walked through and went to the other side which seemed like it was for the older kids on the boat.

Here we found a nice screen that said Disney dance party

and so a disney dance party we had. This is the time one of the times we made Andy dance, we said all his fans were waiting for this moment.

Lastly before we left I noticed these big bean bags they had, it was just a photo we needed.

A CM who was standing behind Kiss said that it was going to turn out to be a great photo! How precious!
With exploring most of the oceaneers club we decided to leave, we were on a mission to explore and become familiar with most of the ship before 3:30 so we could get back to the room and be ready for the drill.

Continue to Next Post

Oh my gosh, the Oceaneers Club looks AMAZING! Paxton would go nuts in there! I can see you were right at home in Andy's room. :thumbsup2 Love the bean bag photo...that is SO y'all!

And YAY FOR THE RETURN OF BE THAT STATUE!! I feel it has been gone from my life for far too long. Props for getting that done on a cruise ship. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Oh my gosh, the Oceaneers Club looks AMAZING! Paxton would go nuts in there! I can see you were right at home in Andy's room. :thumbsup2 Love the bean bag photo...that is SO y'all!

And YAY FOR THE RETURN OF BE THAT STATUE!! I feel it has been gone from my life for far too long. Props for getting that done on a cruise ship. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

It is such a cute play area. The bean bags were just calling our names :rotfl:
Be That Statue and Planking literally slipt our mind most of the trip. So whenever we could get one in it was a proud moment.​

Great pics! :)

Thank you :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter