YOLO Part Cruise: Land, Sea and Halloween! Updatedx2 4/27 TRIP VIDEO

First off HAPPY FROZEN DAY!
Alicia is home for Thanksgiving so Alicia, Andy, Brittany, Kiss and Myself went to see Frozen last night. I have been obsessing over this movie for the longest time and let me tell you it didn't let me down one bit. I would definitely go see it again, so until then I will listen to the soundtrack over and over again :rotfl:
It's a Gatsby Party![/U]​
After exploring the Oceaneers Club we decided to act our age and check out the vacant bars and clubs. There are a total of 11 nightclubs and lounges on the Disney Dream we went to 2 of the ones inside.

First up ws the Skyline located on deck 4. This lounge was pretty cool because outside the “windows” was a famous skyline that changed every night.

Then we went through a glass sliding door and entered Pink. We called this the Gatsby room.

There was talk about us coming back here one night…but that didn’t end up happening. So instead we can pretend because that’s what we do best.

After checking out Pink, we watched out and tried to look more around the District area but a CM said that the open house for the nightclub would be in about 15 minutes. We had no time for that, We went to go find the teens hangout. We walked went through a door and up some stairs, we opened up another door and it was another lounge with a guy tuning the piano. We closed that door and walked up more stairs, walked down a short stairway and found a little hangout area for teens.

A CM was in their hanging out with maybe 3 teens trying to keep them entertained. We didn’t stay very long.

Our next mission was to find where all the restaurants were located.

As we started our adventure we found Animator’s Palate right away.

We quickly looked at the menu because this was the restaurant we would be eating at in a few hours.
The hallway that leads to Animator’s Palate is lined with Fall decorated portholes.

On the other side of the hallway wall were drawings of Disney Characters.

Be that Jasmine

Be that Tiana

From there we took the elevator all the way up.
The 2 front elevators are glass, once you get passed deck 4 you are in for a surprise.

It is literally one of the cutest things. I’m pretty sure Alicia almost died when she saw Carl floating by.

Back on Deck 11 we were ready to explore the outside of the ship.

Silly Donald

The back end of the ship is mostly dedicated to recreation. You can play some basketball

Kiss and Andy enjoyed a nice game of foosball.
Then we went to check out the mini golf. The course is Goofy inspired so just try to imagine what it looks like.

Disney brought the joys of Math back to Brittany and me, us math majors love some limits…..

Alicia, Andy and Kiss walked the course quicker and when they left I made Britany do some planking

Then she got stuck :rotfl:

It was getting close to 3:30 so we started to head back to our rooms.
On our way over the loud speaker we heard the When You Wish Upon A Star chime and then cruise director Darren started talking, he let us know that the drill would be starting in 30 minutes and we needed to make sure we knew where we were to be. One thing that stuck with us was that we did NOT need to wear our life vests because it was just a drill.

This sparked an idea in Alicia’s mind to create a video of Darren saying that we did NOT have to wear our life vests and then scan the camera to us in our video. Well only half that video worked out because we took to long and he never made that announcement again.

So instead we had a little dance party in our room. It was interrupted when we heard the When You Wish Upon A Star chime again and had a mini freak out. It was just another announcement that we would be starting in 5 minutes and to start making your way to your location.

In your room behind the door is a map of where your drill location is and how to get there. When we left the room the alarm went off and everyone went to their designated area. CM were located all already the ship with letter signs and pointed you in the correct location.
We made it to our group location, there make sure you have your key card because a CM will be standing there in a life vest, they will scan you in and have your room line up one behind the other. Once everyone is checked in the CMs show you how to use the life vests and other important information. After 10 minutes we were set free and we booked it up the stairs from deck 4 all the way to deck 11 for the sail away party!

Continue to Next Post

http://[URL=http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/DisneyBelle99/media/For%20Disboards/Disney%20Vacation%20Club%20Members%20Cruise/1398193_717195494975262_1744623409_o.jpg.html][/URL]Thanks so much for doing this report. We were some of those "friendly folks" on the bus to the Ship!

Here we are with Captain Gus or Guus. Sorry if this picture is too big, having some trouble with adding pictures.

It it my pleasure! Thank you so much for reading it so far. I hope you had as great of a time as we did!​

The Sea Is Inviting Us All To Go Sailing Away

We were one of the first few people up on the deck so we were able to get a nice spot. But before we did that we grabbed some beverage to cool us down from the Florida sun. Somehow our big group found each other after all being placed in different locations for the drill. While waiting for the party they had some music on and we enjoyed watching the CMs goof off.

Soon the Sail Away Party started, first was the CMs (entertainment team) to get the party started. They had the guests dancing and singing. Then it was time for a special announcement from Good Morning America telling us what we can expect from the cruise.

Which you can find here (as well as some of the Sail Away Party show)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGsyNRklWeY&feature=youtu.be

RICHARD SHERMAN, TOY STORY, BROADWAY!
It was going to be a GREAT couple days.

Next they revealed the DVC banner and it was time to get the sail away party started!

Set sail for a sea of wonder, take a cruise on a sea of dreams

During the show Brittany’s Grandma called her, it was the last chance to take a phone call before we headed off to sea.

So she ended up missing part of the show

The sea is inviting us all to go sailing away!

The tune is SO catchy, I wish I could purchase the song because I love it so much. It would go so well with my Disney World music loops and shows on itunes.

While we were being entertained with the show the other 2 cruises at the port set sailed for their adventures.

We count down to sound the ship, and then we were off!
SAILING AWAY!!!!!
Off we went, waving to those who were on land.

It turned into a big dance party, when Party Rock came on and in that moment Alicia knew that was going to be our trip video song. So we jammed out for a little bit before making our way to our room. When we got back we found a little gift waiting for us in our FE. It was a very exciting moment that we didn’t take a photo…well we actually didn’t take a photo of most of them. Sorry about that. From what my notes say, it says it was a small bottle of barbecue sauce. While we left our room we noticed another gift in our FE but waited till we came back to see what it was.

We made our way down to Animator’s Palate. At this point we were feeling the ship rocking. We made it to the hall with the portholes and waited in the line. We discussed how the last time we felt this way was a week ago at Danielle’s wedding.

We found Gma and waited for the line to move. It kept moving and while we got closer we got the lovely wipes to wash our hands. Once we got inside we showed our key to a CM and they took us to our table. With such a BIG party we had the party table!

Soon everyone from our party arrived and we were all feeling the rocking of the boat. It was going to be one interesting dinner.

We then met our wait staff, first Holly from England came to our table and introduced herself. She would be taking care of our drinks and gave us our menus

Awkward moment, it might be because I’m awkward but they will place your napkin on your lap if you don’t do it. (So from that point on we all tried to do our own napkins)

Our other waitress was Stephanie from Portugal, she came to our table and introduced herself. She talked about the restaurant and gave us her recommendations. From there she made her way around the table, stopping at each person asking for their name, she would right it down and while you were choosing what you would be eating, she would be studying your face. By the next night she knew all of our names, that is talent right there!

Holly brought out rolls, hummus and butter to munch on before our appetizers arrived. Then it was time for some appetizers!

I got the Baked Potato and Cheddar Cheese soup, it was DELICIOUS! I wanted more, the best part about a cruise is if you want more you can get more with no charge. I did not because I still had a main course and dessert to get through

Kiss and Andy got the Wild Mushroom Risotto and Porcini Twist, they thoroughly enjoyed it

Alicia went with Stephanie’s favorite the Black Truffle Pasta. Alicia really enjoyed it, I had a bite of it and it was delicious.

Brittany and Gma went with the Shrimp Cheesecake. While ordering Stephanie had them order another appetizer because only about 10% of people who order the shrimp cheesecake actually like it.

Brittany was one of those 90% of people who was not quite the fan of the cheesecake, so I believe she got the potato soup as well. Gma on the other hand was the 10% that liked it.

With such a big party I don’t really know what anybody else got.
Up next we dig into some of the main courses and dessert!

Continue to Next Post

Just Find Your Dream & Teach It How To Fly

Once we were finished with our appetizers our entries came out.
Most of us ordered the Marinated Angus Beef Tenderloin.

The beef was good, I just wasnt feeling the wasabi mashed potatoes.
Alicia got the chicken

and Andy got the stir-fry

After we finished our entrees, we hung out, sung some Party Rock.
Pascal, the head of the wait staff of our rotation, came up to our table and introduced himself.
Ma then showed me a picture of whom she met just right before dinner (MY FAVORITE PRINCESS!!!)

Then it was time for a special sea turtle

Crush talks to you just like he would if you visit him at Epcot.
We were all entranced in what Crush had to say, he was even kind enough to have a nice and short conversation with Adam.

Then it was time for some dessert

Although we were all stuffed to the max, there is always room for dessert!
I dont know what we had, we didnt take any photos of dessert. But I do know that most of us got the brownie cheesecake.

After our meal was over there was one thing left to do, dance with crush. He gave us 3 different motions to do when he said 3 specific words. It was the funniest and best thing ever. Stephanie got really into it. Before we left for the night, Stephanie would jump up and down waving her hands over her head to get everyones attention. She told us that tonight was the Golden Mickeys and that tomorrow we would be eating at Enchanted Garden.

Goodbye Animators Palate

We headed back to our room to grab a sweater before we went to the theater to see the Golden Mickeys.
While in our room I decided to us the bathroom, while in there, Omar (our mousekeeping) came to the door to introduce himself. I awkwardly stood in the bathroom because if I opened the door it would hit someone. So I knocked on the door and came out to say hi. He asked if there was anything we needed to ask him. He was precious.

We also received another FE gift of Sweet Tea Vodka and Jam.
We grabbed our sweatshirts and went down to the theater. We had some time before the doors opened so we took the time to browse the shops. The rocking was horrible and we were stumbling all over the place. The funny part was that it looked like it was only us who were having trouble. So instead we decided to make a joke out of it and pretend we were just dancing around the ship, BALL CHANGE!

Alicia and Andy went to wait in the line while Brittany and I browsed some more. When we came back Alicia made a new friend. Soon the doors opened and we made our way inside the Walt Disney Theater. I had to hold onto the seats while walking down the stairs because it was just so rocky.

We found some good seats in the middle of row F, a perfect distance away from the stage.

No Cameras Were Allowed
What I can say is that the Golden Mickeys was my FAVORITE out of the 3 shows we saw on the cruise. The main concept was an awards show. So before the show they had a red carpet and interviewed people who were making their way into the theater. The show was filled with Disney Classics with music and dancing galore. The very end made me cry when they told you to follow your dreams, of course there was a sad song and pictures of Walt, then it turned into a HUGE finale with so many beloved Disney Characters. At the very end they shot out Golden Mickeys, we picked up as many as we could. And now they have a special place in the from pocket of my Vera :rotfl:

You can watch the whole show here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNmIKauWgoE

Or just the finale here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9-Aa0rNAs8

Who knows how a dream might go? Never try and youll never know, so always reach for the sky!

After the Golden Mickeys our Cruise Director Darren took the stage and talked about how we would be arriving at Castaway Cay bright and early! He also reminded us that the showing of Toy Story of Terror would be starting soon and to make sure if we were going to leave EVERYTHING IN YOUR ROOM, no cameras, phones, or electronics were allowed.

So we ran up to our room threw our stuff down and went get in line for Toy Story. The line wasnt moving and we were worried we wouldnt make it out in time to meet Jake and Sally so we decided to skip it. So back to our room we went. Some gifts were awaiting us, our navigator for tomorrow, a Disney Files and a card that would let us choose one photo to get for free during our trip.

FE gifts were also waiting for us, the first one was a pirate inspired gift which included a Pirates of The Caribbean quiz, notepad and pen, pirate cup and magnets.

The second FE gift was a Pirates Mickey puzzle in a bottle and some gummies

My bed was also down from the ceiling!

We hung out because we didnt know what to do for an hour before Jack and Sally came out

A little after 10 we decided to go get some ice cream& while we were on Deck 11 Brittany and Andy stopped to watch some football on the big screen.

Then by 10:30 we thought it would be a good idea to try Flos Café. So we got some pizza and chicken fingers and took it back to the deck to watch the game.

I am sorry for the fatty that I am&.

While Brittany was enjoying her football, I was enjoying my chicken fingers and fries

And since we were in the middle of the ocean we lost the signal

But it was back in a couple of seconds.
We ended up leaving at 10:50 to find Jack and Sally who were coming out at 11:15. We found the shortest meet and greet line for Jack and Sally ever and waited a couple minutes.

Alicia has become obsessed with Sally after an audition so she just wanted to get a picture of her standing next to Sally. So while They all where talking to Sally I took the time to talk to Jack about Halloween. Then we took a photo

Sally reminded me SO MUCH of a girl that I went to High school with, it was scary.
After we headed back to the room. Andy took a shower and all us girls hopped in the big bed and looked through ALL THE DISNEY MOVIES they had on the TV. Then we watched all the videos we took that day. Kiss came over and we took way to many videos of us creeping up under the covers. We thought it was the funniest thing&.sleep deprivation had hit us.

We put on Halloween Town, Brittany took a shower, and the rest of us fell asleep. That bed is REAL comfy! Once Brittany came out she woke us up, told me Good Luck with that small shower. Once I was done we talked about what we were going to do tomorrow.

Then it was time to call it a night.

Continue to Next Post

Dang, y'all have already done so much and it's only day 1!

Shrimp cheesecake sounds...interesting. Okay, it actually sounds pretty disgusting. And if only 10% of people who order it like it, maybe they should take it off the menu and replace it?? Just sayin'... :lmao:

That's pretty cool how the servers remember everyone's names from night to night! I wonder if they are tested on their memory before hired into that position? :confused: I would be terrible at that. I'd have no problem remembering the faces, but the names would get me!

Just think of all those chumps waiting hours to meet Jack & Sally in the parks while you got to breeze through on a cruise ship! Pretty awesome. :thumbsup2

thank you, thank you, thank you for those planking pics. i was beginning to think you would never get around to posting one. sorry to hear the "planking princess" got stuck. i guess planking, if not done properly, can be hazardous. tell the "princess" that if i'm not mistaken AFLAC has planking insurance. and their rates arre reasonable too. nice to see your brother joining in the shenanigans. but he's got a lot of catching up to do. "WOW", says the little boy in me. andy's room is perfect. i think i would have moved my stuff into andy's room for the duration of the cruise. awkward indeed. that would have been the word for me as well at that upscale joint. this ole alabama country boy would've been like a bull in the china shop in there. puttin' your napkin in your lap? whoever heard of such? not i, said the horse.anyways that cheese soup looked delicious. let it be known, i am a cheese junkie. the entrees looked good too. that Golden Mickey's show sounded awfully cool. i'll put that on my list when i get old enough to take a cruise. sorry for the lengthy post. apparently i like the sound of my own voice. lookin' forward to your next installment.

Dang, y'all have already done so much and it's only day 1!

Shrimp cheesecake sounds...interesting. Okay, it actually sounds pretty disgusting. And if only 10% of people who order it like it, maybe they should take it off the menu and replace it?? Just sayin'... :lmao:

That's pretty cool how the servers remember everyone's names from night to night! I wonder if they are tested on their memory before hired into that position? :confused: I would be terrible at that. I'd have no problem remembering the faces, but the names would get me!

Just think of all those chumps waiting hours to meet Jack & Sally in the parks while you got to breeze through on a cruise ship! Pretty awesome. :thumbsup2

It's crazy to think that we got all that in, in just 1 day. That was just 1 of the many busy days that lay ahead of us.
I'm not a fan at shrimp so it sounded pretty disgusting. But if you like shrimp and cheesecake it might be a good choice?! who knows why they still serve it.
I would be horrible at memorizing names, especially with such a large group. One thing I do know is that our servers only had our table while some of the other servers had to smaller parties.
Although we had to wait till 11:15 at night it was so worth it. There was also talk about us not having to go see them at mnsshp but of course we still had to see them there.​

thank you, thank you, thank you for those planking pics. i was beginning to think you would never get around to posting one. sorry to hear the "planking princess" got stuck. i guess planking, if not done properly, can be hazardous. tell the "princess" that if i'm not mistaken AFLAC has planking insurance. and their rates arre reasonable too. nice to see your brother joining in the shenanigans. but he's got a lot of catching up to do. "WOW", says the little boy in me. andy's room is perfect. i think i would have moved my stuff into andy's room for the duration of the cruise. awkward indeed. that would have been the word for me as well at that upscale joint. this ole alabama country boy would've been like a bull in the china shop in there. puttin' your napkin in your lap? whoever heard of such? not i, said the horse.anyways that cheese soup looked delicious. let it be known, i am a cheese junkie. the entrees looked good too. that Golden Mickey's show sounded awfully cool. i'll put that on my list when i get old enough to take a cruise. sorry for the lengthy post. apparently i like the sound of my own voice. lookin' forward to your next installment.

She blames me for getting stuck. She also says that it was the worst thing she has ever planked and that it hurt a lot. Poor kiss his skills aren't quite at our level but then again we have also had a lot more practice than him. That's what I'm saying! Andy's room was such a cute little play area. I'm such an awkward human being that I shouldn't be taken anywhere fancy. That potato and cheese soup was SO GOOD! I should have got more of it while I had the chance. The golden mickeys was my favorite! They should bring it to Disney World so I can go see it more often. I do believe that tokyo has a form of the Golden Mickeys...lucky them!​

AHHH I really need to plan a Disney cruise! That's awesome they let you take a tour of everything. Can't wait to read more!

YES!!!! I never thought I could love a Disney cruise as much as I did.​

Castaway Here We Come!

It was our second day on the Dream and there was a busy day ahead of us!

To start off our morning Alicias alarm went off at 5, 5:40 and 7. I was not a fan of this lifestyle at all! Both Alicia and Brittany set multiple alarms for the morning, I on the other hand have one and when I need to get up I get up. I dont like the whole walk up just to sleep for a couple more minutes.

After the last alarm went off at 7 I layed in bed bundled up because the room was FREEZING! I was the first one to get up and ready. I got ready in thought of us doing the Castaway 5k. I talked Brittany into doing it with me a couple months before but she ended up backing out. So it was going to be Andy, Kiss and me.

Brittany was the next one up to get ready for the day

Then Alish, and Andy stayed in bed

Kiss never came to our room so Brittany and myself went to go get him from his room. I was freezing and wrapped myself up in my blanket and off we went.
Gma opened the door and said that kiss wasnt feeling well this morning. We let him know that we were going up to Cabanas for breakfast at 7:30 and then head over to sign up for the 5K.

When we got back to the room we found a little something in our FE, it was a cute key chain with our name and a little bottle to fill with sand from Castaway.
We were running late and Kiss wasnt feeling well so we decided not to participate in the 5K. So instead I got changed again and braided Alicias hair. Kiss came over and we got all our stuff for the island and then we headed up to Cabanas for some breakfast.

After washing our hands off with a wipe we made our way too the breakfast buffet.

Hi Im Sam and I am a HOT MESS!

As we scarfed down our food, Kiss just sat there. He said he wasnt hungry.
Once we finished we saw Gma in Cabanas, she came over and told us that she was waiting to eat with Aunt Lisa and Jackson. Darren the cruise director came over the loud speaker and said that we were docked and we could depart the boat. We left cabanas and took a pit stop

We asked Gma if she wanted us to wait with her for Aunt Lisa, she said to go ahead and have fun on the Island. So off we went to deck 1, before getting off there are CMs there waiting for you. They scan your room card and off the ship you go!

The Bahaman sun was already toasty at 9am.

First thing you do while arriving on Castaway is hop on a tram to the beach area, unless you are renting a boat or doing an excursion there is a building to check in prior to the tram stop.

We ended up getting off at the second and last stop of this tram.
Once we got off we walked passed a store, which I was going to have to check out later, as well as the starting point of the 5K. We watched the very last people run off&and with the heat we were glad that we didnt do it after all.

We walked to the beach and grabbed some chairs right in the front row. The beach was a little deserted and there were maybe only 2 people in the water. Andy was the first one to brave the water

It was CHILLY! But let me just say that the clear water totally made up for it.
One thing I did not like about the clear water was being able to see all the fish and those fish just loved being in the shallow end.

Before we headed back to our chairs Brittany took the opportunity to write in the sand

We had a beautiful view from where we were sitting

We then heard a kids voice say Whats with the YOLO? we all just laughed it off. Then we all passed out on the lounge chairs. We were out for a good amount of time. Thats until I heard someone saying my name, I was startled and awoke quickly. But then just laid there because I didnt recognize the voice and then I heard them say put on a life vest

Once we all got up from our short nap we found ma and pa making there way towards us. I still have no clue how we found each other throughout this whole trip.

we were ready for a fun day in the sun

Poor kiss was not having any of it

Brittany and myself went to explore the area and when we came back we saw Alicia, Andy and Pa with a CM who had a camera. Thats when we had a little photo shoot. There are a few CMs who walk around the island with cameras and take multiple photos, as a group, pairs and solo pictures, then you can purchase them at Shutters on the ship. Not gonna lie it was awkward.

Once we were done taking photos we decided to go check out the island.
Continue to Next Post

Exploring the Island

Alicia, Andy, Brittany and me went off exploring. On our way back to the tram Alicia saw a CM selling drinks in a plastic coconut, since it was so early she said she would be back later. The CM said “But it’s 5 oclock somewhere”.

We headed back to the tram stop and found Gma just arriving

We first browsed the little gift shop and found some things we would be coming back for later. Next we waited for the nonexistent tram.

A tram pulled up but it was the serenity bay tram, AKA that adult beach no children allowed.

Ma and Kiss then met us at the tram stop. Kiss was just a hot mess and needed to go to first aid. Since the tram was literally not coming ma ask a CM if they would take her and Kiss to the first aid.

Finally a tram came for us and off we went. On our nice little drive back to the other part of the beach we saw some friends getting ready to greet the guests.
MICKEY AND GOOFY!!!!

The tram never stopped at the first stop going back so we took a nice ride all the way back to the boat.

And soon all the people started showing up

Soon we were dropped off at the first drop off and were welcomed back to the island

Then I noticed that Mickey had no line what so ever so I asked if we could take a picture because I never meet characters in the parks. So me and Brittany got a picture with him while Alicia and Andy stood back and took photos.

Always waiting for Brittany….this time I want to say she was giving the CM her room key incase we wanted to purchase the photo.

Just some Mickey loving

Next we browsed the little shops, which if you ever plan to purchase something from Castaway I would suggest going to these shops because they had a lot more to offer rather than the sad small shop at the other end of the family beach.

Then we made our way to the beach

The warning didn’t scare us, we were all about being in that clear blue water.

We checked out how much money the water activities cost and put that on our list of things to do.

Andy made a new friend…

While Brittany and I took a photo shoot

We thought it would be a good idea to just walk the beach back to our chairs since the tram was just working so well for us.

Continue to Next Post

me neither. i don't do that snooze thing. when that alarm goes off i'm up. especially at Disney. hey, on that breakfast plate, was that dark brown thing a sausage patty, a cow patty, or a cookie? look at y'all holding up that ship. ain't that just like a woman? a YOLO sand sign. that's one way to mark your territory. i need to cut the crap and stay on subject. i got a few questions if you don't mind. my wife's best friend wants us to do a Disney Cruise together,but i ain't completely sold on it yet. we have a nice beach here in alabama at Gulf Shores, which we usually go to every year. i guess i'm just a landlubber.anyway i don't know if i could give up part of my week at WDW for a cruise. there i go rambling again. the questions dummy, ask the questions. are the sleeping accomodations comfortable? does the ship rock constantly?how long was the stay at Castaway Cay? were your eats at Castaway Cay included in the price of the cruise or did you have to pay for it separate? i'll shut up now and thank you in advance for your answers. i hope your brother got to feeling better.

me neither. i don't do that snooze thing. when that alarm goes off i'm up. especially at Disney. hey, on that breakfast plate, was that dark brown thing a sausage patty, a cow patty, or a cookie? look at y'all holding up that ship. ain't that just like a woman? a YOLO sand sign. that's one way to mark your territory. i need to cut the crap and stay on subject. i got a few questions if you don't mind. my wife's best friend wants us to do a Disney Cruise together,but i ain't completely sold on it yet. we have a nice beach here in alabama at Gulf Shores, which we usually go to every year. i guess i'm just a landlubber.anyway i don't know if i could give up part of my week at WDW for a cruise. there i go rambling again. the questions dummy, ask the questions. are the sleeping accomodations comfortable? does the ship rock constantly?how long was the stay at Castaway Cay? were your eats at Castaway Cay included in the price of the cruise or did you have to pay for it separate? i'll shut up now and thank you in advance for your answers. i hope your brother got to feeling better.

The brown thing you were referring to was a chocolate pancake.
First off let me say that I was in the mind set like you with not wanting to miss out on WDW. We were actually just going to do the cruise and no WDW but I talked Ma into doing the halloween party. Personally after my experience on the cruise all I wanted to do was go back on was we got off and were at wdw. I love wdw and could probably go all the time without getting bored, I just feel like the cruise line was something new and we didn't get everything done on the ship.
The main bed in the room was so comfortable! My bunk bed on the other hand wasn't as nice, but it also wasn't horrible.
The ship only rocked horrible the first night. The last night we could feel it a little but not a whole lot. It also depends on the weather you hit. If you do however feel sick they do have medicine for it.
All the food on castaway was included in the price. The only thing you had to pay for on a Disney cruise is alcohol, merchandise, spa, ect. All food, pop, ice cream was included in your price!
Hope this helps!

The Cure To Seasickness Is 7 Meals A Day

It was a nice walk along the beach the only thing that was not fun was the crushed seashells in the sand. So we ended up making our way towards the water

Along the way we saw some fish….more like every inch of water there were fish to be spotted

Once we got back to our area we noticed that Danielle and Adam had arrived as well as Aunt Lisa and Jackson.
Since we were already on the island for almost 2 hours we decided it was time to go enjoy that clear water. While entering the ocean, the fish were being too friendly. You literally had to watch where you stepped in order to not step on one. A nice older couple saw us freaking out a bit and told us that they weren’t going to hurt us. We knew that but still….I hate fish.

The further we got out we noticed the less fish. Good to know that the fish migrate to the shallow end.

We all enjoyed our time in the water

While we were enjoying the ocean Ma was in search of food for Kiss. First Aid told him that he had seasickness and that it is important to eat. The CM told Ma that it’s good to eat 7 small meals throughout the day, I guess a full belly can prevent seasickness. After hearing this news I did not feel bad about how much food I was consuming!
Since the lunch area didn’t open till 11:30, Ma had to sweet talk the CM into giving her some sort of food to feed kiss. She ended up getting a plate of fruit.

Next we decided to try out the Pelican Plunge

Pelican Plunge is located out in the water, which means you must swim to get to it. It is a big floating platform that has water guns, a big water dunking bucket and 2 slides. I was looking forward to this but once we did it I was not such a fan. I mean the water slide was fun it was the being plunged into salt water that was not fun. I tried to prepare myself but there is no way to prepare yourself.

It was close to noon when we decided to go get some lunch.

I spy a CM with hand wipes!!!
After sanitizing we got a try and went down the buffet line. There was a good assortment of food such as burgers, chicken, ribs, corn on the cob, fruit, cookies, chips.
Once we got our food we found a picnic table, the seating area had a really annoying high pitch buzzing. We assumed that it was to keep the bugs away.

I got a chicken sandwich, which was huge, corn, some fruit, and chips

It looks like Brittany got some chicken and ribs, corn, and some sort of salad

Alicia also got the chicken sandwich

There are a few CMs that walk around the seating area and once you are done they take your tray away for you.
Once we were finished with lunch we decided for dessert we would have some ice cream.

And once we finished our first cone we got another cone. I also grabbed a cup of water because the sun and salt water were taking a lot out of me.

We walked back to our chairs on the beach and relaxed for a bit

Ma was enjoying her meal

Poor kiss was still not feeling well

Since kiss was dying Gma decided it would be best to take him back on the ship so he could sleep in a real bed.

Continue to Next Post

thanks for the cruise info. i know i would enjoy it. i just don't know if i'm ready to sacrifice my WDW time. boy that water was clear. was it warm or cold? the best way to deal with fish is to eat them. broiled and with some lemon and hot sauce. a full belly sounds like a good cure for seasickness to me. i'll catalog that for future reference. those vittles looked like some mighty good eating. were they as good as they looked? and we all know ice cream is good for the soul. i sure hope your brother rebounded for the remainder of the cruise. thanks for another good update. now i gotta go make some do re mi to feed my disney addiction.

Castaway Cay looks beautiful! I love all the pictures you took.

Poor Kiss, seasickness is the worst : (

Great updates of Castaway Cay.

Love all the pics.

We just got back from a mini 4 day on the Magic in an inside stateroom. Very reasonable if you get Alicia's discount! But what a difference they are compared to the Dream. No virtual porthole, no alarm clock, and we had an 11A so no split bath.

Also everything is miniature in size on the ship - the dining rooms, the theatres, the hallways, the promenade deck. JQ rode the AquaDunk - I didn't have the nerve.

hey but we saw Frozen in 3D in the Walt Theatre. Great movie.

oh and the water at CC was FREEZING last week. But we went in anyway and loved it. Minnie and Pluto came by and played in the sand with the kids. It was really great.

Still love the Dream more!! Something really special about that ship.

Keep the updates coming. It's great to relive the cruise with the YOLO's!

Oh God, I would be freaking out about the fish too!!! I don't want those things anywhere near me, thanks.

Too bad about KC feeling so bad :( I hope he started feeling better as the trip went on and was able to enjoy more. Good to know about eating a lot while on a cruise to help prevent seasickness. I could definitely get on board with that plan. :thumbsup2:lmao:

I keep LOLing when I read this. I wish you guys could be here for Andy's surprise christmas trip!!! Book some flights!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter