YOLO Part Cruise: Land, Sea and Halloween! Updatedx2 4/27 TRIP VIDEO

What Could Make Castaway Cay Better? DOLE WHIP!
Today was our last full day on the Dream and we were making another pit stop at Castaway Cay!

This morning we were awaken from a knock at our door around 7:35, it was a man with our food. Hello room service!
I feel sorry for the poor CM who had to experience our messy room, but at that moment I was still not feeling the whole being a wake thing so I went back to sleep.

There was another 5K happening on Castaway Cay again today so we planned on making it to this one. Well at 8:30 we were awaken again by a knock on the door, this time it was Kiss. So once again we missed the race…casual.
We got up and ate our breakfast, which was bagels and assorted muffins.
Once we finished eating and getting ready we walked to Kiss’s room to get a postcard for Brittany.

We made our way down to deck 1 where we ran into a sign that said to go to deck 3. So we did that and we found another sign to go to deck 1 to go to Castaway, it was just very confusing! But we found our way off and while we were on our way to the tram CM with blue ribbons told us to have a fun time. Brittany noticed that these were entertainment CMs and that one of the guys was the father in Disney’s Believe.

After a nice tram ride to the beach we found a spot near where we sat the last time

And this time around Kiss was feeling good and could actually enjoy the island

We decided to wait for Ma and Pa because Ma had sunscreen and we refused to go out in the sun without it. Luckily the Disney cruise line has the wave phones in every room so you can find each other. We never had our phone on us, but Kiss carried around his everywhere.

Ma and Pa arrived shortly after, once we were sunscreened up it was time to enjoy another day at the beach.
First things first we decided to go rent some ocean tricycles. We asked Kiss to come but he didn’t want too.
So when we arrived at the water sport area a CM named Drew who was from the UK greeted us. While he wrote out our receipts, Brittany and me were discussing how much better Castaway Cay would be if they had dole whips. Drew chimed in and told us not to even mention dole whips. He told us that on his days off in Florida they go to Disney World and the first thing he does is go to the MK to get a dole whip. Pretty much we could be best friends!

He gave us our reciepts and told us that they were on Bahamian time so 30 minutes was pretty much whenever you are done and had enough.

We then took our receipts to the CMs near the water/life vests. We each got a life vest and a tricycle for 2. We were told never to get off them and that if we have a problem wave our arms over our heads nice and big.

It took some time to actually pedal out far into the water but we made it

The water was just so clear that I just couldn’t get over it.

Alish and Andy were just making laps

Group photo

We thought it would be a cute idea to get a photo in front of the dream so that’s what we did

We passed off the camera and pedaled our way closer to the boat

The water kept drifting us closer to the rocks. I guess Alicia and Andy were to busy taking selfies..

that they got stuck on the rocks….that is one of my favorite parts of the video because these bikes were tough to maneuver just by themselves let alone on rocks

They see us rollin, they hatin

Now if you think getting stuck on rocks is bad lets talk about the time I broke mine and Brittany’s bike.
So we were just pedaling along and throughout our whole time we kept hearing a popping sound coming from the pedals. Well my pedal gear broke and it was all up to Brittany to get us around. No worries though because she has trained for this moment.

Before we took our bikes back we decided to try and take one more photo

Alicia and Andy made it to shore way before us. We took our leisurely time and Brittany was getting tired, I mean that stuff happens. I enjoyed watching people try to paddle board and said that we should try that next time.

We made it back to shore and we had to tell the CM that we broke our bike. I didn’t break it on purpose so it was all good…she asked if we wanted to take another out because she felt bad. We didn’t because we were just too tired, well Brittany was and we had other stuff to do…such as SNORKLING!

Continue to Next Post

seconds of castaway cay. it's always nice to get second helpings. especially those Disney seconds. you know, you're a smart girl. breaking that gear on that tricycle so brittany would have to do all the work. was that a stroke of genius or a stroke of bad luck? UMMM? was the second day as hot as the first day? it appears to be a bit overcast in your photos. did you have to mention dole whips? now you got me craving one. i guess i could make the 9 hour drive and get me one.

seconds of castaway cay. it's always nice to get second helpings. especially those Disney seconds. you know, you're a smart girl. breaking that gear on that tricycle so brittany would have to do all the work. was that a stroke of genius or a stroke of bad luck? UMMM? was the second day as hot as the first day? it appears to be a bit overcast in your photos. did you have to mention dole whips? now you got me craving one. i guess i could make the 9 hour drive and get me one.

It was all planned, I told the CMs to give me a broken one so I wouldn't have to do any work. Just kidding, it was a lot of work for 2 people to pedal let alone 1...sorry brittany.
The beginning of the day was a little overcast but then the sun came out shortly after.​

Ocean, Food, Back To The Ocean

We planned on going snorkeling but Alicia and Andy didn’t have snorkeling stuff. This trip landed nicely on the calendar because I was able to snag some summer sale snorkel gear that was cheaper too buy instead of renting it at Castaway Cay. So we held off to snorkel till later and enjoyed the water.
Pa told us that the people sitting next to him left back to the boat and told him that we could use the rafts they purchased for the day. So Brittany and I snatched them up and caught some rays

It was about noon when we decided to grab some grub for lunch.
We left the rafts on the beach for someone else to use and headed to Cookie’s Too

FOOD FOOD FOOD, it’s pretty much what this whole trip was based around

Kiss enjoyed his first taste of the island food

after lunch we decided it would be a great idea to go snorkeling because you know it is always good to swim right after you eat.
Andy and Alicia used Ma and Pa’s snorkel gear while Brittany. Kiss and I had our own. First mission was to find the life vests. We walked over to a hut with some CMs just hanging out but we were unsure if they had vests. They could tell we were confused about something because one guy asked if we were looking for vests.

We each got one and walked to the roped off area to snorkel.

We got in the water and were ready to go explore the big blue world

The snorkeling area is all roped off and there are colored pole type things that you swim out too. Kiss went snorkeling early in the day so he was the leader of the packed.
First off once you start you have to swim quite some way to start seeing stuff. My goggles were fogged up and I had no clue what direction I was going in, it was all a blur at the beginning.

But once we started there was no looking back

Continue to Next Post

Take A Look Around You The Ocean's Alive

Kiss and Andy led us out to sea

Alicia and Brittany were left behind. Brittany was having trouble and he goggles were leaking so she just wasnt having any of it.

There was a lot of level changes, at first it was shallow and you could pretty much walk. Then it would change to deeper waters and then when we saw our first thing in the water it was shallow.

The fish are friendly and enjoy coming up to you

I was afraid I wouldnt like snorkeling because of this but it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. I mean there were times when a fish came out of nowhere but I made it out alive.

Take a look around you
The ocean's alive
In the big blue world
It's time for you to arrive

After swimming some more we came across a sunken ship. Kiss unflated his vest and asked if I could take a picture of him with it.

One thing I learned about waterproof cameras, expecially this one is that you cannot see the screen so it was pretty much aim, shoot and hop for the best.

We hit a very deep part of the ocean, Mickey was just hanging out at the bottom

We spent so much time swimming down to him to get photos.
Me and Brittany probably did it a good 5 times and Alicia said that she took a lot. Well once we were done and looked at the photos there were none :rotfl:

Brittany however was able to capture a picture of Alicia and me

Near Mickey was a huge clump of fish that swam together, it reminded me of the fish from finding nemo.

We were exhausted from plunging ourselves down to the bottom of the ocean and the salt water was affecting us. So we headed back to shore.
I enjoyed snorkeling very much, it must be the mermaid inside of me.
Once we got closer to shore we realized Brittany was still paddeling herself in, I dont think she had the best snorkeling experience.

Another thing I learned about water cameras is to male sure you wipe the lens because there can be a water droplet that can ruin your photos and videos.

First thing we did was shower off all the gross salt water

Then we went back to the hut to hand in our vests. There was also a huge tub of a chorine solution to clean your snorkel gear.
We went back to our lounge chairs and packed up our stuff. It was a wonderful second and last day spent on Castaway Cay. We were definitely lucky to get to gorgeous sunny days.

Before we left the island for good I needed to purchase myself a castaway cay shirt. We headed to the little gift shop we purchased our towels from but they didnt have a very big variety. I remember seeing a shirt I liked on the other side of the island so we hoped on the tram and rode it over to the first stop.

Alicia snapped a picture of the childrens activity area

I ended up purchasing a childs castaway shirt
Hey it fits and its cheaper&its a win win situation

While we were making our way towards the tram stopped we had to stop to take some more photos because it was a prime photo op location

YOLO its a way of life

We got back on the tram and back to the dream we went

Continue to Next Post

i'm with you about those vittles. Disney trip=rides and food, food, food. my wife says i no sooner get through with one meal and i'm already asking where we're going to eat next. for someone who gets the willies about fish swimming around your chair, what made you venture into the domain of those dreaded creatures? i guess brave can now be added to your resume. i guess i've been to the gulf as much as i have disney, so i could easily be a beach bum. some folks would say i have the bum part down to an art. could be. ya'll got some nice photos "under the sea".

Gee it sure is lonesome here on page 12. Been here two whole days and I ain't seen nobody. I'm sure somebody will show up. But I'm really having a good time on the Disney Dream. You make it seem as if this reader is on board. Thank you, thank you very much for sharing.

It looks like y'all had a fun day on Castaway Cay! The snorkeling looks great, but I'm with Brittany on that one, it just wasn't for me. And you're so right about the underwater cameras, that viewing window is totally useless, especially when you're wearing goggles! But at least you were able to get some really good photos. :thumbsup2

I LOVE YOUR TRIP REPORT. You are making me want to do a cruise even more than I did before. It is hard to make the change from going to WDW repeatedly to then spend time on a cruise, but I think I need to do it soon. The shows and events just sound so fun, as does the ENDLESS FOOD. Thanks for all the great info on the Richard Sherman presentation, you are so lucky you got to see that!

I love how casual the character greetings on the ship are too. And I can't believe how many presents you guys got in the Fish Extender! People are so generous. You guys gave great gifts too, home made is always a nice touch. I'm sure people loved them. I really want to do that!

I can't wait for the rest, thanks for writing such a great report :-)

Thanks for the snorkeling tour! That's something I probably wouldn't want to do on my own because I don't like the idea of not being able to stand up when I want to. I think that would just make me nervous, but those sights looks so cool! It's so bright and clear; I love that you can so easily see Mickey down there~!

Loved your 2nd day at Castaway Cay!! It's so beautiful. I love how clear the water is! You got some great pictures under the water!

I want to reread all the trip reports and watch all the videos over again tonight. We need another YOLO Trip STAT!!!

i'm with you about those vittles. Disney trip=rides and food, food, food. my wife says i no sooner get through with one meal and i'm already asking where we're going to eat next. for someone who gets the willies about fish swimming around your chair, what made you venture into the domain of those dreaded creatures? i guess brave can now be added to your resume. i guess i've been to the gulf as much as i have disney, so i could easily be a beach bum. some folks would say i have the bum part down to an art. could be. ya'll got some nice photos "under the sea".

Gee it sure is lonesome here on page 12. Been here two whole days and I ain't seen nobody. I'm sure somebody will show up. But I'm really having a good time on the Disney Dream. You make it seem as if this reader is on board. Thank you, thank you very much for sharing.

Disney food is just so good. There's never enough time to eat it all. I may have freaked out at times but these fish we somewhat pretty looking. I am such a bum that I could totally be a beach bum.Well thank you very much!​

It looks like y'all had a fun day on Castaway Cay! The snorkeling looks great, but I'm with Brittany on that one, it just wasn't for me. And you're so right about the underwater cameras, that viewing window is totally useless, especially when you're wearing goggles! But at least you were able to get some really good photos. :thumbsup2

Snorkeling was a better experience than I thought it would be. I read that water proof cameras suck a viewing but I just wanted photos of castaway so it was like shoot and hope for the best.​

I LOVE YOUR TRIP REPORT. You are making me want to do a cruise even more than I did before. It is hard to make the change from going to WDW repeatedly to then spend time on a cruise, but I think I need to do it soon. The shows and events just sound so fun, as does the ENDLESS FOOD. Thanks for all the great info on the Richard Sherman presentation, you are so lucky you got to see that!

I love how casual the character greetings on the ship are too. And I can't believe how many presents you guys got in the Fish Extender! People are so generous. You guys gave great gifts too, home made is always a nice touch. I'm sure people loved them. I really want to do that!

I can't wait for the rest, thanks for writing such a great report :-)

I thought it was going to be rough not going to Disney World for a long time but I found myself wanting to get back on the ship when I was at WDW so it is just one of those things you have to experience.
Characters are everywhere after dinner, some have the formal meet and greet lines with a character attendant others are literally just weaving through guests like peter pan.
Thank you so much!

Thanks for the snorkeling tour! That's something I probably wouldn't want to do on my own because I don't like the idea of not being able to stand up when I want to. I think that would just make me nervous, but those sights looks so cool! It's so bright and clear; I love that you can so easily see Mickey down there~!

You are welcome! Snorkeling is nice because of the life vest because you just float along. The water was so clear and perfect!​

Loved your 2nd day at Castaway Cay!! It's so beautiful. I love how clear the water is! You got some great pictures under the water!

I'm so glad we got a second day on castaway because it was so nice. The clear water was perfect and I loved it​

I want to reread all the trip reports and watch all the videos over again tonight. We need another YOLO Trip STAT!!!

:( I need to be back at Disney...spring break would be nice but I'm to poor for that. So May it is!​

Goodbye Castaway Cay

We arrived back at the boat, but before we headed back on we had to take a couple more photos of Castaway before we left.

There was a perfect photo op right as you got off the tram so we took the opportunity to take another one of our ever-famous photo shoots.

Proof that Brittany was sending a postcard to her family from Castaway cay

I was then given the camera and went a little angle crazy&

We told Andy to do the sassy pose he did the last time on the beach but he didnt want to. So Kiss said that he would do it with him
Americas Next Top Models

We went to the post office on the island only to find out that they were closed.
Note: post office closes before 3

Near the post office was some island décor that we couldnt just walk passed like normal people

Then it was time to get back on the Dream

Selfie nation&.when I was tan

We were greeted by CMs with cool down towels and they were the nicest thing ever after being out in the sun.

I mean it was just washcloths placed in a hug tub of ice water but it was wonderful!

This kind of service can go to your head, watch out princesses coming through

How was Kisss first time at Castaway Cay?

I would say pretty good!

Continue to Next Post

Awesome pics, I love all the different angles. I do the same thing which is why going through all my pictures for the trip reports is such a pain!

I'm glad your brother got to have a day on the island where he was doing well :thumbsup2

i might sound like a broke record but thanks for that planking photo. i always get a laugh when you post one. by the way, have you given up planking? haven't seen you planking in some time. looking forward to the mnsshp.

Awesome pics, I love all the different angles. I do the same thing which is why going through all my pictures for the trip reports is such a pain!

I'm glad your brother got to have a day on the island where he was doing well :thumbsup2

Agreed, if you take to many angle pictures you are looking for trouble. But I love them!
It would have been so sad if he wasn't able to experience the island.​

i might sound like a broke record but thanks for that planking photo. i always get a laugh when you post one. by the way, have you given up planking? haven't seen you planking in some time. looking forward to the mnsshp.

Yeah, I'm more of the photographer when it comes to planking pictures. I need to have my own thing. We still have a some time before mnsshp, but I'm excited to get too it!​

Great pics! :)

Thank You!​

Golf Lessons From Goofy
Before we could get back on the Dream we had to hand sanitize. Dont want to spread all those sea germs.
Goodbye Castaway Cay!

Checked ourselves back onto the Dream and headed back to our room to drop off our stuff. When we arrived we found another DVC gift for us on the bed

They are flags with 4 different DVC season flags.
Gotta show the world youre proud to be a DVC member&or pretend that youre a DVC member.

We also received our luggage tags, which means it was time to get packing.
Fun thing about a cruise it that you loose your luggage the night before you get off. So we were planning on trying to get everything packed before we left for dinner that.

Although we did not start packing right away because there was still something left on the ship that we wanted to complete. But before we could do that we needed some more food&.we didnt want to experience sea sickness. So to Flos Café we go!

Brittany got the cream cheese pretzel that she raved about

Kiss and I got some chicken fingers and fries because you seriously cannot go wrong with that decision

Alicia got some pizza

and enjoyed that pizza on a disney vacation club members cruise

Goodbye Castaway its been fun

With our stomachs full we were ready to play an intense game of mini golf&goofy style!

We all grabbed our putter and golf ball and Andy was in charge of being score keeper.

Let the game begin!

Lesson #1 Picking The Right Club

Keep your eye on the ball

Beware of the Water Hazard

Kiss seemed to enjoy himself

Attacking The Green

Reading The Green

Sinking in the Putt

At the end of the game and the scores all tallied, Brittany was the winner.

Continue to Next Post

seems as if you folks had an early start of Christmas with all those DVC gifts. good lookin' chicken "fangers" as we call them in the south. you just needed a bottle of hot sauce and a bit more ketchup for the fries. i see brittany is not only the planking princess but also the putt putt princess. she is one talented lady. have you ever played Winter Summerland mini golf at Disney? i have once. now i need to make it over to Fantasia Gardens. one more reason to go back. as if i needed one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter