• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. - Corey Click Here

Yomd

CastleLight

DIS Veteran
I was just reading the YOMD thread about all the wonderful pixie dust being spread around WDW. I wonder if any disney brides or disneymooners havre received any of these magical moments? :tinker:

I've been wondering the same thing!! From what I have been reading, it's mostly families with children who are being picked out of the crowds. :) So I wondered if the "Ears" or the "Buttons" or "Pins" atracked any extra speical - out of the ordinary - YOMD Team members attention?! :)

...Supposedly the people being given YOMD prizes just happen to be standing in a spot predetermined by a computer and communicated to the YOMD team members, so, technically, wearing bride & groom ears or being a family with kids shouldn't increase your chances of winning. In practice, though, this may be different.

Apparently a lot of people are even turning down prizes because they don't know anything about the contest and think it's part of a DVC sales pitch!

lurkyloo said:
...Supposedly the people being given YOMD prizes just happen to be standing in a spot predetermined by a computer and communicated to the YOMD team members, so, technically, wearing bride & groom ears or being a family with kids shouldn't increase your chances of winning. In practice, though, this may be different.

That certianly makes sense! I was thinking that if it were just totally random (ie. - You have to hand out x amount of dreams today...now go out and do it!!)....then the whole thing could become a little biast!!

I read some of the statistics about it a few weeks ago. It said they are giving out some 3000 dreams a day! But, you also have to consider that they're doing it at all of the parks and at Disneyland California. But it would be really neat to be chosen to stay the night in Cinderella's castle. That definitely is a dream come true!

::yes:: They have to make it as random as possible. Even the CMs giving away the prozes (The Dream Squad) don't know exactly what they're giving away, when they're doing it, or specicfically where until they get the message. They just know which park they're supposed to go to for the day, and they pretty much act as super greeters until the moment (or moments) arrives.
Because they're giving away prizes, and not just doing "magical moments" or guest recovery (as other CMs might do), they have to be very careful to follow the rules exactly.

That said, if you happen to be standing in the right place at the right time, and wearing Ears or pins or whatever, they might notice you before another couple. But they still have to be careful, and you certainly can't follow DSers around, trying to get picked :rolleyes1 . It doesn't work like that.

I was wondering the same thing. I guess it would only make sense that they use a random method to choose their lucky guests.

Atleast we know not to pass it up! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter