Yosemite in December

brytorlyn

Mouseketeer
If we have a half day in December is it possible/worth it to stop in Yosemite? Can we see anything? (driving between San Fran area and possibly Bakersfield)

LOL

Not that much. Will that be our only choice??

I guess you are saying that there isn't much point in a casual drive through the area...

Here is the actual Yosemite site info for winter conditions and which roads are plowed.

http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/winter.htm

If you have good winter clothing & gear and chains for your tires, I would recommend it. It will be a lot less crowded than during the summer. However, if you don't like the cold and would rather not risk driving in the snow, find something else to interest you. There is plenty to do here!

We are Canadian and definitely not afraid of snow or cold weather. I learn to drive at 16 in mountains of snow, no issue with that. We will have a rental vehicle so not sure the chain thing is doable.

Sounds like unfortunately seeing Yosemite might not work out after all. We were already disappointed to find out our original plan to drive through the park on the way to Vegas wasn't going to work (you know. sort of rough triangle from LA to San Fran through Park to Vegas)...So we had hoped to manage a peak in the park but maybe another trip.

If you are used to driving in the snow, then you *really* don't want to drive with snow on the ground here; it'll drive you crazy. Californians are idiots when it comes to driving in the snow. Seriously. I say this as a native Californian...

LOL

I can imagine. Like the first snowfall up here every year...it makes people fall apart!

Thanks for all the advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter