You are Never Too Old for Disney! A January 2013 PTR

PippiDancer

Mouseketeer
Hello Everyone! Welcome to my very first PTR!

This PTR is about our family trip to Disney World in January. This will be our 2nd Disney trip (well, my second, my parents' third since they went on their honeymoon). The first time we went was when I was in 8th grade, so December of 2004 (maybe?). That trip was our only family trip anywhere (besides camping), we aren't big travellers. We are very excited to be able to go to Disney again. I've been kind of obssessed with everything Disney since we finalized our plans to return a few months ago. I've been the one to plan pretty much most of our trip, but my mom has helped.

I guess I should start by introducing everyone:
(Sorry for the lack of pictures, I need to get my post count up before I can post any, but I will try to put some up soon)

First there is me...
My name is Jess, I'm 21 years old but I'm such a little kid at heart. I'm currently in my senior year of college, as an early childhood education major. I'll be student teaching next semester and graduating in May (which is the reason for our trip!) I'm also an RA, so I get pretty busy, but I've been spending all of my free time planning this trip.
(In case you were wondering, I am the only child)

Up next is my mom, Patsy. She is just as excited about our trip as I am. I made fun of her for being so obsessed with planning for our last Disney trip, but now she is the one making fun of me for doing the exact same thing. Mom doesn't like rides unless they are pretty tame (we were shocked when she decided to go on Test Track on our last trip) but she is content to look around while we do the rides.

And finally there is my dad, Mike. He isn't as much of a planner as Mom and I are. I'm pretty sure he gets tired of hearing our Disney planning talks, in fact he even threatened to cancel the trip if we didn't stop talking about ADR possibilities:laughing: Since he works on his feet all day he doesn't like sitting down for very long, therefore he isn't a fan of going to the shows. On our last trip, Mom and I went to a few while he walked around outside, which he didn't mind, so it works out.

Well I guess that's it. I'll try to update pretty regularly, but between classes and my job as an RA, sometimes life gets pretty busy.

Thanks for reading! Please feel free to share any thoughts you have on our plans so far.

We will be in Disney from Sunday January 6th to Sunday January 13th.

We are kind of nervous about going in January because the weather is so unpredictable, but it was the only time we could go. I can't miss that much school, so it was down to winter break, February break, April break, or in the summer.

The option of going in the summer was illiminated immediately. Mainly because I don't do well in heat, it makes me feel sick. We are from Maine, so we aren't used to high temperatures. I can barely handle our summers, I don't even want to think about baking in a Florida summer. Also I have no idea when I'll get a job after graduation and might have to work in the summer.

February and April breaks were illiminated soon after. There is no way we wanted to go to the parks during spring break season, way too crowded. My dad hates crowds, and I'm not a big fan of them either. Also, I would probably end up having to work on lesson plans and other things for student teaching. And who wants to have to do work while at Disney? I certainly don't!

So that left winter break. And since we didn't want to go over Christmas and my break doesn't start until a few days before Chirstmas, that left January. Actually the week that we are going is the only week we can go. The Tuesday after we get back I'll have to move back to school for a week of RA training.

I would have loved to go in December again to see all of the Christmas decorations, but unfortunately that wasn't a possibility.

So, fingers crossed that the weather is warm when we go and there isn't any snow that will mess with our flights.

Thanks for reading! More to come soon!

Hi Jess, and welcome to the DIS! Good luck with your student teaching - it can be very challenging and overwhelming, but so rewarding.

My next trip is also going to be with my parents (and my husband and my brother). My mom and brother have not been to Disney since I think 1996, so it's very exciting for them! Like your mom, my mom doesn't care much for the major rides either. She'll spend plenty of time in the gift shops!

I've never been in January but I think it will be good. From everything that I've heard January is pretty dead, so you won't have to deal with crowds! Always a good thing :)

Hi Jess, and welcome to the DIS! Good luck with your student teaching - it can be very challenging and overwhelming, but so rewarding.

My next trip is also going to be with my parents (and my husband and my brother). My mom and brother have not been to Disney since I think 1996, so it's very exciting for them! Like your mom, my mom doesn't care much for the major rides either. She'll spend plenty of time in the gift shops!

I've never been in January but I think it will be good. From everything that I've heard January is pretty dead, so you won't have to deal with crowds! Always a good thing :)

Thanks! I'm so excited to start student teaching, I can't wait!

The lack of crowds is definitely one of the perks of going in January that we are looking forward to. Although the last weekend of our trip is marathon weekend, so it will probably be packed. But we've tried to plan around that, so hopefully we can avoid those crowds.

We decided to stay at Port Orleans Riverside. I am hoping to get a room in Magnolia Bend, I'm not a fan of the theming in the Alligator Bayou area. But we also want a room close to the food court and bus stop. So, fingers crossed everybody!

This was not an easy decision. We went through every single moderate resort and changed our minds a lot before finally settling on POR. We were thinking of staying at Corondo for a while, but there is a conference going on during our trip so we figured it would be packed with all of the businessmen. We stayed at Carribean Beach on our last trip and we thought of going back there since we loved it so much, but we wanted to try something new.

Here is our plan for what days we are going to the parks. We are planning on following this plan as much as possible, but we also want to be flexable. We have the park hopper, so we figured if we have to we can change it up a little bit.

We plan on taking advantage of as many extra magic hours as possible. Yes, I know that EMH can be super crowded, but we don't want to miss out on any of the valuable Disney time we have. We are planning on being in parks as much as possible, which also means no breaks at the hotel. I know it sounds crazy, but this will probably be that last Disney trip until I get married someday (obviously I want to honeymoon at Disney:rotfl:) so I want to do everything! OK, I realize that it is impossible to do everything at Disney in a week, but I want to do as much as we possibly can.

As of right now, we aren't planning on going to any of the water parks, even though they are included in our package. Blizzard Beach will be closed when we are there (it was closed on our last trip too) and I didn't think Typhoon Lagoon was that impressive. Plus my dad doesn't like water slides or swimming or sitting in the sun, basically anything that has to do with the beach (or a water park). If it is really hot one day we may end up squeezing it in, but it isn't a must do for us.

Sunday 1/6, Arrival Day
This was an obvious choice, what is the first thing you want to see after being away from Disney for so long? The castle of course! You guessed it, we are going to Magic Kingdom for our very first park of the trip! We will be landing in Florida around 2:30. Our plan is to get settled into the hotel, maybe relax there a little since we will have been up since 4am, and then head over to MK and take advantage of the EMH until 11.

Monday 1/7, Epcot
We are planning to get to Epcot before park opening for our 8:15 ADR and staying for EMH until 11. It will be a long day, but there is soo much to do at Epcot, we will have no problem filling it. It will probably be a pretty relaxed day though, we like walking around the World Showcase and looking at all of the shops and things, so we will probably spend at least half the day there.

Tuesday 1/8, Non-Disney Day
We decided to spend one day off site at Sea World. We did this on our last trip too and we had a lot of fun there, so we wanted to go back. I'm not really sure what the plan is for this day because Sea World hasn't posted their 2013 hours yet. But we are thinking of going over to Downtown Disney when we get back to the World

Wednesday 1/9, Animal Kingdom
Our plan is to get there for the morning EMH and stay until closing at 5. On our last trip, the AK day was unbearably hot so we didn't end up staying there as long as we had planned, hopefully that isn't the case this time. Since they close so early, we are thinking of going to another park in the evening, we just haven't decided which.

Thursday 1/10, Magic Kingdom
Of course we need a full day at the MK. This time we aren't planning on going to the morning EMH. We decided to use this day to sleep in a little before our breakfast ADR (more information on that in the next update) so we probably won't get to the park until around 10:30. This was one of the only days that the Main Street Electrical Parade was scheduled for the week, which is a must see for us (or for me anyway)

Friday 1/11, Hollywood Studios
Once again, we will be getting to the park bright and early for morning EMH. On our last trip, there were a lot of things in HS that we wanted to do and missed because we ended up claiming seats and waiting for Fantasmic for over 2 hours (never again, although we had amazing seats), so we have to make up for lost time.

Saturday 1/12, Downtown Disney/Disney Quest
There isn't much of a plan for today. We might end up sleeping in a little since we will probably be spending time in DTD throughout the week. Disney Quest was included in our package and we had fun there last time, so we are going to spend some time there, but probably not that long. We might end up going back to one of the parks. But here's the thing, this is marathon day, which means that parks will most likely me packed. We will probably be avoiding the parks for this reason (and is reason why we planned DTD for this day in the first place) but we will see what happens.

Sunday 1/13, Departure Day
We have no plans for this day at all. Our flight doesn't leave until 3:30, so we are planning to get to the airport around 1ish. It would be nice to go back to one of the parks for our last day, especially since we have all morning, but once again the marathon gets in the way of our plans. We heard that transportation is a nightmare on these days and don't want to risk getting stuck waiting for a bus for an hour when we have to get to the airport. We might end up taking the boat to DTD or we might end up staying at the hotel.

Well, that is our plan for the week as of now.
Please share any feedback you have, any help or tips are always welcome.
Thanks for reading!

Originally we decided not to do many table service meals. On our last trip we only did 4 (Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, Prime Time Cafe, and Planet Hollywood). We were planning on doing the same thing this trip (eating breakfast in the room whenever possible and eating quick service for most of our meals) as a way to save some money. But, we found a package that came with a free dining plan! I was so excited that now we have the chance to try a bunch of the amazing Disney restaurants that we wouldn't be able to other wise. We have the basic dining plan, with 1 TS, 1 QS, and 1 snack per person per day. I can't even tell you how many hours I spent pouring over the Disney website researching every single restaurant and googling reviews and menus before we decided on our choices. :surfweb:

Before I tell you what our ADRs are, there is something you should know about me. I am an extremely picky eater! I don't like anything that is even remotely spicy (therefore ruling out any mexican like food) and I am weary of anything that is described as "seasoned" for this reason. I also don't like werid sauces or any type of tomato sauce (unless it is on pizza) which rules out most pasta dishes. And I don't like many types of vegetables, and even if I like a certain type of veggie, I'm super picky about the way it is cooked. Picture sandwiches and burgers that only have meat and cheese on them (and no wheat bread!) thats how I like them. I could go on and on, but you get the idea. Because of this, online menus were a must in planning for ADRs, especially since Disney menus seem to be so small. Also my dad hates any kind of seafood (my mom and I love it) so that also ruled out several restaurant options.

So now that you've been filled in on the limited amount of foods I like, I can share with you our ADRs. We've changed our minds several time and have added and cancelled reservations since we first made them. But this is our plan so far.

Sunday 1/6
Dinner: Liberty Tree Tavern
Although we have this ADR, we are thinking about cancelling it. I'm not sure how I feel about the family style dining, but I don't really like the idea of it. Since we probably won't be arriving at the hotel until after 3, we might just eat at the food court or get a quick service meal when we get to MK. We haven't really decided yet,

Monday 1/7
Breakfast: Akershus
This is our most recent addition to our ADRs. When I first look at this restaurant I wasn't sure if I would like the Norwegian food, so it didn't make the final cut. But I decided that breakfast would be safe enough and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to meet all of the princesses! Side note: when I said in the intro that I was a kid at heart, I wasn't kidding. Sometimes I have the mindset of a 4 year old (which is probably why I want to work with preschoolers) and I LOVE character meals! I tried to squeeze in as many as I could for this trip. Now, back on topic. Our reservation is before the park opens, so we thought it would be fun to have the park to ourselves for a little while.
Dinner: Les Chef de France
This is the only day that we have 2 TS reservations (this is because we decided on Akershus after we had everything else planned). This reservation also wasn't in our original plan. We had Garden Grill planned for this day, but I decided I didn't like the family style service so we cancelled it and added Chefs instead. I'm glad we did because now it is one of the restaurants that I am looking forward to eating at the most.

Tuesday 1/8
No ADRs scheduled
This is the day that we are going to Sea World. We didn't want to make any reservations because we have no idea when we will be back on site. But we are planning on going over to DTD and eating at The Rainforest Cafe or some other restaurant there once we get back to the hotel.

Wednesday 1/9
Dinner: 1900 Park Fare
We are kind of nervous about this ADR because of all of the mixed reviews we've read. We talked about skipping it, but in the end we decided to give it a try. Although, I must admit, I'm still a little worried that the food won't be that good.

Thursday 1/10
Breakfast: Chef Mickey's
This is the only place that we decided to return to from our last trip. I love Chef Mickey's, it was such a great dining experience. It was a must to go back, even before we knew we had the dining plan.

Friday 1/11
Lunch: Mama Melrose
After waiting for 2 hours for Fantasmic on our last trip, we decided to do the Fantasmic meal plan this time and Mama Melrose seemed like the best out of the options. I don't really have much else to say about this restaurant :confused3 but if I think of anything later I'll add it.

Saturday 1/12
Lunch: Portebello
I'll admit, the reason I picked this restaurant is a little strange, I love mushrooms (weird, I know) so I was instantly drawn to the name. And the restaurant looks so pretty and the menu looked tasty (I love italian food) so we decided to go with it.

Sunday 1/13
No ADRs
I was thinking of doing breakfast before we leave on this day, but we don't want to have to deal with the potential transportation nightmare due to the marathon crowds. We most likely won't be doing any TS meals on this day.

I think after all of this we still have 1 extra TS credit each, so if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them!

Well I think that's it for our plans as of right now. I'll try to keep you all updated on our trip preperation and any changes we make.

Please, please, please leave a comment! I'd really appreciate any feedback or tips you have!

HI there :goodvibes Enjoying your PTR . We will be there at the same time 1/7 to 1/14. We always go in January...the weather is not too bad, just make sure you have layers. It tends to get hot during the day, then cold after sunset. POR is a great choice. DH and I were considering staying there but decide on AKL instead. -Amanda :cutie:

BY the way, my husband is also a very picky eater, similar tastes to yours. He ate a pizza at Via Nappoli, white pizza, just cheese and bread and he thought it was good.

HI there :goodvibes Enjoying your PTR . We will be there at the same time 1/7 to 1/14. We always go in January...the weather is not too bad, just make sure you have layers. It tends to get hot during the day, then cold after sunset. POR is a great choice. DH and I were considering staying there but decide on AKL instead. -Amanda :cutie:

Thanks for reading! I'm glad to hear that you've had good luck with January weather in the past. Hopefully we will too!
And thanks for the tip about layers! We are used to hot days/cold nights, as they say: if you don't like the weather in Maine, just wait 5 minutes and it will change :lmao:

BY the way, my husband is also a very picky eater, similar tastes to yours. He ate a pizza at Via Nappoli, white pizza, just cheese and bread and he thought it was good.

I love white pizza! Thanks for the reccomendation, I'll keep it in mind!

I love POR! It's our favorite resort :)

Originally we decided not to do many table service meals. On our last trip we only did 4 (Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, Prime Time Cafe, and Planet Hollywood). We were planning on doing the same thing this trip (eating breakfast in the room whenever possible and eating quick service for most of our meals) as a way to save some money. But, we found a package that came with a free dining plan! I was so excited that now we have the chance to try a bunch of the amazing Disney restaurants that we wouldn't be able to other wise. We have the basic dining plan, with 1 TS, 1 QS, and 1 snack per person per day. I can't even tell you how many hours I spent pouring over the Disney website researching every single restaurant and googling reviews and menus before we decided on our choices. :surfweb:

Before I tell you what our ADRs are, there is something you should know about me. I am an extremely picky eater! I don't like anything that is even remotely spicy (therefore ruling out any mexican like food) and I am weary of anything that is described as "seasoned" for this reason. I also don't like werid sauces or any type of tomato sauce (unless it is on pizza) which rules out most pasta dishes. And I don't like many types of vegetables, and even if I like a certain type of veggie, I'm super picky about the way it is cooked. Picture sandwiches and burgers that only have meat and cheese on them (and no wheat bread!) thats how I like them. I could go on and on, but you get the idea. Because of this, online menus were a must in planning for ADRs, especially since Disney menus seem to be so small. Also my dad hates any kind of seafood (my mom and I love it) so that also ruled out several restaurant options.

So now that you've been filled in on the limited amount of foods I like, I can share with you our ADRs. We've changed our minds several time and have added and cancelled reservations since we first made them. But this is our plan so far.

Sunday 1/6
Dinner: Liberty Tree Tavern
Although we have this ADR, we are thinking about cancelling it. I'm not sure how I feel about the family style dining, but I don't really like the idea of it. Since we probably won't be arriving at the hotel until after 3, we might just eat at the food court or get a quick service meal when we get to MK. We haven't really decided yet,

Monday 1/7
Breakfast: Akershus
This is our most recent addition to our ADRs. When I first look at this restaurant I wasn't sure if I would like the Norwegian food, so it didn't make the final cut. But I decided that breakfast would be safe enough and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to meet all of the princesses! Side note: when I said in the intro that I was a kid at heart, I wasn't kidding. Sometimes I have the mindset of a 4 year old (which is probably why I want to work with preschoolers) and I LOVE character meals! I tried to squeeze in as many as I could for this trip. Now, back on topic. Our reservation is before the park opens, so we thought it would be fun to have the park to ourselves for a little while.
Dinner: Les Chef de France
This is the only day that we have 2 TS reservations (this is because we decided on Akershus after we had everything else planned). This reservation also wasn't in our original plan. We had Garden Grill planned for this day, but I decided I didn't like the family style service so we cancelled it and added Chefs instead. I'm glad we did because now it is one of the restaurants that I am looking forward to eating at the most.

Tuesday 1/8
No ADRs scheduled
This is the day that we are going to Sea World. We didn't want to make any reservations because we have no idea when we will be back on site. But we are planning on going over to DTD and eating at The Rainforest Cafe or some other restaurant there once we get back to the hotel.

Wednesday 1/9
Dinner: 1900 Park Fare
We are kind of nervous about this ADR because of all of the mixed reviews we've read. We talked about skipping it, but in the end we decided to give it a try. Although, I must admit, I'm still a little worried that the food won't be that good.

Thursday 1/10
Breakfast: Chef Mickey's
This is the only place that we decided to return to from our last trip. I love Chef Mickey's, it was such a great dining experience. It was a must to go back, even before we knew we had the dining plan.

Friday 1/11
Lunch: Mama Melrose
After waiting for 2 hours for Fantasmic on our last trip, we decided to do the Fantasmic meal plan this time and Mama Melrose seemed like the best out of the options. I don't really have much else to say about this restaurant :confused3 but if I think of anything later I'll add it.

Saturday 1/12
Lunch: Portebello
I'll admit, the reason I picked this restaurant is a little strange, I love mushrooms (weird, I know) so I was instantly drawn to the name. And the restaurant looks so pretty and the menu looked tasty (I love italian food) so we decided to go with it.

Sunday 1/13
No ADRs
I was thinking of doing breakfast before we leave on this day, but we don't want to have to deal with the potential transportation nightmare due to the marathon crowds. We most likely won't be doing any TS meals on this day.

I think after all of this we still have 1 extra TS credit each, so if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them!

Well I think that's it for our plans as of right now. I'll try to keep you all updated on our trip preperation and any changes we make.

Please, please, please leave a comment! I'd really appreciate any feedback or tips you have!

And I also love talking ADRs! Haha, so here's my thoughts on yours.
I've never done Liberty Tree but like you, I'm not a huge fan of family style.
Akershus - I love the character meals too, especially Princesses! We did this on our honeymoon, but for dinner instead of breakfast. The food is really not very Norwegian at all so I think you'll be fine. We also did lunch at Chefs de France that same day. It turned out to be one of my husband's favorite restaurants.
We did 1900 Park Fare for breakfast and loved it. The food and the characters were great. I've heard dinner is a blast because the evil stepmother and her daughters are hilarious!
I've actually never done Chef Mickeys!
I've never done Mama Melrose either, but we have it planned for our next trip - mostly because my brother is honestly the pickiest eater on the planet and pretty much the only thing he eats is pizza.
I don't know about Portabello either, but I do know a girl that had her bridal shower there and I know they all said it was great, so I'm thinking you will enjoy it!

If you're interested in reading any of my food reviews of the places I've been there's a link in my sig to the Honeymoon dining review I did.

Hope that helps and you don't mind all of my ramblings on your food choices, lol!

I love POR! It's our favorite resort :)

And I also love talking ADRs! Haha, so here's my thoughts on yours.
I've never done Liberty Tree but like you, I'm not a huge fan of family style.
Akershus - I love the character meals too, especially Princesses! We did this on our honeymoon, but for dinner instead of breakfast. The food is really not very Norwegian at all so I think you'll be fine. We also did lunch at Chefs de France that same day. It turned out to be one of my husband's favorite restaurants.
We did 1900 Park Fare for breakfast and loved it. The food and the characters were great. I've heard dinner is a blast because the evil stepmother and her daughters are hilarious!
I've actually never done Chef Mickeys!
I've never done Mama Melrose either, but we have it planned for our next trip - mostly because my brother is honestly the pickiest eater on the planet and pretty much the only thing he eats is pizza.
I don't know about Portabello either, but I do know a girl that had her bridal shower there and I know they all said it was great, so I'm thinking you will enjoy it!

If you're interested in reading any of my food reviews of the places I've been there's a link in my sig to the Honeymoon dining review I did.

Hope that helps and you don't mind all of my ramblings on your food choices, lol!

Thanks for the input! I always love hearing about the experiences other people have had at places where we are going!

We finally decided to cancel our ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern on the day we arrive. My dad and I don't like the idea of the family style service and probably wouldn't eat much of what they served, so it didn't really make sense to keep it.

It took us forever to figure out where we wanted to go to use the TS credit that was reserved for LTT. We thought of doing a late lunch at LTT after breakfast at Chef Mickey's, but the only time that worked for us would mean missing the parade. Also I really want to go to Be Our Guest for lunch that day (since all dinner ADRs for that week are booked). Most of the other restaurants we wanted to go to are in Epcot, but Epcot day has already reached ADR capacity. We thought about moving our Wednesday 1900 Park Fare reservation to Sunday, when we arrive, so we could fit in another Epcot ADR (since we were planning on going back to Epcot after Animal Kingdom closed) but there weren't any available times that would work for us. I would love to go to the seafood buffet at Cape May Cafe, but my dad hates seafood, so that doesn't make much sense.

After a lot of thought, we finally made our decision...
Lunch at Yak & Yeti!

Hopefully this is the last of our ADR changes

Oh, and in case you were wondering, there is less than 2 months until we are in the happiest place on Earth!!!

We finally decided to cancel our ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern on the day we arrive. My dad and I don't like the idea of the family style service and probably wouldn't eat much of what they served, so it didn't really make sense to keep it.

It took us forever to figure out where we wanted to go to use the TS credit that was reserved for LTT. We thought of doing a late lunch at LTT after breakfast at Chef Mickey's, but the only time that worked for us would mean missing the parade. Also I really want to go to Be Our Guest for lunch that day (since all dinner ADRs for that week are booked). Most of the other restaurants we wanted to go to are in Epcot, but Epcot day has already reached ADR capacity. We thought about moving our Wednesday 1900 Park Fare reservation to Sunday, when we arrive, so we could fit in another Epcot ADR (since we were planning on going back to Epcot after Animal Kingdom closed) but there weren't any available times that would work for us. I would love to go to the seafood buffet at Cape May Cafe, but my dad hates seafood, so that doesn't make much sense.

After a lot of thought, we finally made our decision...
Lunch at Yak & Yeti!

Hopefully this is the last of our ADR changes

Oh, and in case you were wondering, there is less than 2 months until we are in the happiest place on Earth!!!

I've heard very good things about Yak and Yeti! Enough that we also booked a lunch there for our next trip! :thumbsup2

Hi Jess. We will be there Jan 7th - 15th and are staying at Caribbean Beach. We went 6 year ago and loved it so we decided to go back there. It is myself, husband, daughter who is a college sophomore and her boyfriend who is a college junior. My Daughter is also an RA and getting away time wise isn't easy. We have a seasonal business that we run April - Oct so that was out for us too. Reading you posts sounds very much like my family. I wish you a magical trip. Oh and I totally agree with your thread title. Fingers crossed for beautiful warm weather for us all! (As I am sitting here watching it snow as I type...your getting too) I look forward to reading more of your Trip report.

Hi Jess. We will be there Jan 7th - 15th and are staying at Caribbean Beach. We went 6 year ago and loved it so we decided to go back there. It is myself, husband, daughter who is a college sophomore and her boyfriend who is a college junior. My Daughter is also an RA and getting away time wise isn't easy. We have a seasonal business that we run April - Oct so that was out for us too. Reading you posts sounds very much like my family. I wish you a magical trip. Oh and I totally agree with your thread title. Fingers crossed for beautiful warm weather for us all! (As I am sitting here watching it snow as I type...your getting too) I look forward to reading more of your Trip report.

Our families do sound very similar! We stayed at Carribean Beach on our last trip and loved it. I hope you have a magical trip also! Only one week until we are in the most magical place on earth! :yay:

We're back. We had an amazing trip with perfect weather. It was really sad to have to leave. :sad1:

I'm planning on writing a trip report but I moved back to school today for RA training week, which starts tomorrow, and I'm starting student teaching right after that. So I don't know when I will get a chance to start it, but when I do I'll post a link here.

Just wanted to say Hi. Glad to hear you had an amazing trip. Did you like your resort. Would love to hear more about it as I was considering there too but went with the safe/already been there resort that we loved. We had a great time too and the weather was absolutely perfect and like you we didn't want to leave. My daughter also had to be back for her RA training early. So we are back to being an empty nest again. :( I am looking forward to your trip report. Hope you have a great semester.

Just wanted to say Hi. Glad to hear you had an amazing trip. Did you like your resort. Would love to hear more about it as I was considering there too but went with the safe/already been there resort that we loved. We had a great time too and the weather was absolutely perfect and like you we didn't want to leave. My daughter also had to be back for her RA training early. So we are back to being an empty nest again. :( I am looking forward to your trip report. Hope you have a great semester.

Thank You! We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside in the Oak Manor building and we loved it. The resort is gorgeous and our room was amazing and wasn't that far away from the main building, but far enough away to be quiet. I would definitely reccommend it. I'm hoping to get my trip report started in the next few weeks now that the craziness of training week is almost over.

Hello everyone! It took longer than I was planning on, but I finally started my TR! I'm going to try to update it as regularly as possible, but I'm not sure how crazy life will get between student teaching and my job as an RA.

Please please read it! Here is the link!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter