You Can Plan a Trip 18 Mo's Out, Right?

Disnerdette

Mouseketeer
Hello to anyone who's reading this!

As you can probably gather, I'm new to the boards. SUPER new. I've been active on a totally different board for a short time now, but had a WDW question that I couldn't seem to get an answer for, which lead me here, and let me just say, I've gathered more info in the past day or two than I probably have in the past few years so THANK YOU all for your enthusiasm! I feel a little bit more comfortable in my Disney-love, now. :)

So, a trip planned 18 mos out? Kind of ridiculous, right? I'm aware that things change. There's no way of figuring out definite costs right now, or really, definite anything, but I would love some advice as there's a few different factors that are going into this plan, hence the reason why its 18 mos out.

A quick intro: as a kid, we went to Disney every year, but never stayed on property as my parents had a time share. I've stayed on property twice; once, at All-Star Music in 2004 (with my high school chorus) and the second time at Coronado Springs in 2011 for WDW Marathon weekend (I was working.) I know my way around the parks themselves like the back of my hand, but the resorts, not so much. Because of my newbie-ness to the resorts, I'm literally learning about DDP and free DDP this year, and am still not totally sure about it. :(

We live in SoCal and go to DL quite often; my boyfriend is new to the love of Disney (our first date was at DL two years ago; he had lived in SoCal for 10 years and had never gone! cue the awwws :love:) and is slowly warming up to the idea of a WDW vaca.

Here are the basics behind our trip:

- Because of our jobs, we would most likely have to take this trip around New Years, probably Dec 29/30 through Jan 4/5. I know this isn't ideal, but its the only time we could go, so we'll make it work! :)

- I wouldn't say we are "foodies" but we do love to eat, and whenever we're at DL, we always eat dinner at a table service restaurant. We will definitely be eating table service almost every night we're there - DDP worth it?

- Budget wise, I would love to stay at one of the All-Stars, to save money. Boyfriend, however, tends to be a bit more... picky? :rolleyes2 Staying on property is a must; after my last experience, I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else, but I'm open to suggestions for other resorts. I'm not sure if that will be before or during WDW Marathon weekend. Are there ever any room discounts around that time? I'm sure its wishful thinking on my part, but always good to consider options... :blush:

- I'm planning this far out because, frankly, I'll need to budget for it this far out, and what better incentive to save money than to actually start planning a Disney trip, right?! ::yes::

I'm sure I'm asking a lot of silly questions to most of you, but I'm still getting my feet wet 'round these parts and would appreciate any and all advice you can give!

I just book my package for Thanksgiving 2014! This will be our third time doing this. I pur down $200 and have to have it paid in full by Oct. 9, 2014!

I just book my package for Thanksgiving 2014! This will be our third time doing this. I pur down $200 and have to have it paid in full by Oct. 9, 2014!

Ah this makes me feel so much better! My friends have been teasing me about planning something so far in advance, but I just can't swing doing it last minute. At least now everytime I go to Starbucks I'll stop myself. :rotfl:

I am going in December 2014 and I have put all my items in the shopping cart on the website and of course not purchased just to see how much$$! I eat, breathe and sleep Disney! I have never been and I can't wait!! I am waiting to book in feb?? My husband will be an RN in December this year and he has to take his boards and then it's game on for planning!!! ❤❤❤✈

18 months is definitely not too far out to plan! There are a few late 2014 PTRs in progress right now. We had to make some changes to our trip and are now planning for December 2014, so I am right there with you!

As for your question about resorts, I would just start doing some research. Find out which resorts appeal the most to you and look at different package dates, add ons, number of park days, etc. Our travel agent played around with packages and tickets and got us an incredible deal on CSR last year for our December trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter