• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You decide - I pay

ThBa

DIS Veteran
Hi everybody !

Once again...your help and opinion please. :grouphug:

The mission:

5 nights in January 2012 from 03rd until 08th

2 adults and 2 lovely daughters ( 11 and 5)

What do do ?

1. Cheyenne or New Port Bay Club

I can not book the SQL with 40%, so I have to decide between these hotels. We were at the Cheyenne last January and it was ok. The bunk beds were great but I could spend some extra money this time. But...is it worth it ? We are at our room only for sleeping. And will I ever use the pool? We plan to get breakfast inside the park, so is the New Port Bay Club necessary ? And if the Newport....Admirals Floor ??

Or the SQL with 25 % ?? Or another hotel ? But please onside....

2. Private Shuttle or RER

We will be going to Paris with the Thalys, because it has an unbeatable price (88,- € for all of us together) and it is very comfortable. I have to travel from Paris to DLP and we did this last year with the RER. It was cheap but we get into the rush hour and it was a nightmare. So what about a private shuttle service. It is more expensive but perhaps better ?

3. Buffalo Bill Show

Is it worth the money? I have to pay for food and drinks anyway each day so I guess I could combine it for one day with this show. Any offers for booking this in advance ?

4. Have I forget something ?

So lets go....you decide...I pay. :thumbsup2

:wizard:

Thorsten

Newport bay rooms have much more space than Cheyenne, which over 5 nights I would say would be worth it. You would also have lots of time to use the pool which is great for children and is nice and relaxing, particularly in the colder months.The breakfast is also much nicer, particularly if breakfast in the park is not available. (It isn't always!)
The Admiral's floor gives you towels at the pool, coffee and tea and private check in, these are all good but the upgrade is quite expensive now!
How about a shared shuttle, this is cheaper than private and you often end up not sharing or just with one other family.:surfweb:

Regarding the hotel choice - what is the price difference between SL and NPB?

I liked them both! We stayed on Admirals Floor at NPB and it was lovely.

We did use the pool at SL and we were only there for 3 nights.

We've just booked SL - everyone told me how lovely it is at Christmas time - logs fires etc etc!!!!

We use a private shuttle (Ezyshuttle) for our airport transfer, for convenience as much as anything. Worth the money in my opinon.

3. Buffalo Bill Show

Is it worth the money? I have to pay for food and drinks anyway each day so I guess I could combine it for one day with this show. Any offers for booking this in advance ?

If you haven't been before, you may enjoy it.

Personally I didn't enjoy it this time around (also saw it 7 years previous). Thought the new show was a little less 'believable' (addition of Disney characters :confused3), and quality of food not so good. Others may disagree though.

Helps if you can pay less for the tickets.

Some info here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2750266

We ended up purchasing them here: http://www.spectacles.carrefour.fr/goManifestation.do?codman=BUMA1

usually I'd say Cheyenne over the NBC. However, you're going for 5 nights in January. So you might well use the pool in all that time, its closer to the parks than the Cheyenne, and you are seated at breakfast time (if you can't get breakfast in the park some of your days).

Make sure you contact the hotel before you arrive and ask for a nice room close to reception (the NBC is huge and if you get a room at the end of a wing, like we did, you are honestly set for a 10-minute walk from reception to reach your room!).

Agreed on BBWWS. The food was hidious in March. Vomitted after it, the chilli con carne to be exact. Which contained almost no meat. Yuck.
Id be interested to hear the price difference between SL and NPB too. Id pick SL too if the price isnt stupidly expensive.
Will be taking the Thayls in May. It sounds lovely and only costing approx €70 from Amsterdan to Paris for me and h2b. As opposed to flying which was coming in at €300 each!!

Is that a standard room at SL? Or a montana room?

Did you price up HNY too?

The price is for a standard SQL room.

I edited my list above with HNY.

:wizard:

Thorsten

If you are considering Admiral's floor, then go with HNY - bigger rooms, shorter walk, nicer breakfast!:surfweb:

HNY all the way!! Too many pluses when you take into account the proximity to the park and feel of the hotel!

HNY for me as the time you are going & the length of time you will easily have time to use the swimming pool as the parks shut earlier:thumbsup2

HNY definitely! I'd imagine the hot breakfast will make a huge difference on those cold crispy mornings!

I agree with HNY, stayed there earlier this month.
Really nice hotel and very friendly staff.

Oh no....the 40% are gone for my time of traveling :confused3:scared1:

I would only get 40% for the Admirals Floor at NBC on the official Disney site

Breakaway.ie would give me 40% on NY / Cheyenne and NBC

Can I book at Breakaway.ie even when I am from Germany ?

:scared1:

Thorsten

No. Any chance to get 40% over the phone ?

:confused3

I could try......:thumbsup2

You could try but you will probably find that they will only offer what is online. We tried it last year, however I find Disney tend to release more rooms with the higher discounts first thing in the morning. That is how I finally got 50% off DLH:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter