You go so often, why don't you just move there? A Sept 2013 PTR- UPDATE 9/7!! Travel!

I love this story...it's my dream!
If you don't mind my asking, what field is your dad in? And are they still hiring?! (You know our job issues lately...sheesh...)
We totally get this "waiting for the other shoe to drop" feeling. We're still waiting.:(

Ugh, that shoe to drop feeling is the worst! On the other side of it, I am glad that it happened because now I get to move to Florida... but the whole losing a job thing is a terrible feeling.
My dad actually works for a security company called Allied Barton and he does security for them. Not sure if they have what Brandon is looking for but it's worth a shot to check out!

I'm totally following along! Not only will I be headed down the weekend of Sept 12-15 with my boyfriend, we are also planning a move to Florida in the spring! We're looking for places around the Orlando/Kissimmee area because we want to be close to Disney, and might possibly want to try to work there after we're settled. We're planning on transferring our current jobs to start with.

Welcome, welcome! I'm so glad you're here! It seems that there are a lot of us that will be down that weekend, that's so exciting!

When in the spring are you going to move? I'm super excited to get down there and get started on the next chapter of my life!

I'm going to interrupt my PTR to talk about a very exciting weekend that I just had. Now, for those of you that follow me on twitter or instagram, you saw my pictures and know where I was.

Where was I??

IMG_4800.jpg

That's right... I was in FLORIDA! So, because this moving to Florida is happening so quickly, we had to get down to Orlando for my parents to look at homes, and hit the East Coast so I could look for apartments. So, on July 25th, we hopped on a plan bound for sunny Florida!

We had houses to look at and apartments to find, but where did we go first?

IMG_4803.jpg

DOWNTOWN DISNEY!
(sorry for the lack of pictures into DTD, I was the driver!)​

It was so nice to just meander around and grab a bite to eat without feeling like we were losing out on precious park time. You feel a little less rushed when you know you will live nearby in less than 9 weeks. :cool1:

So, we went to Earl of Sandwich for dinner and I got to try this lovely sandwich...
IMG_4805.jpg

Oh man, it was DELICIOUS. But it's definitely something that I could only eat on rare occasions because the Holiday sandwich really is like Thanksgiving dinner on a roll.

IMG_4812.jpg

So we continued just walking around DTD until we were way too tired to go on anymore and headed back to our hotel.

On Friday, my parents had some appointments for 55+ communities that we were headed to and then dinner with some of their friends that live about 10 minutes from where they bought their house. That's right. They bought a house that day and it has a PALM TREE. In the FRONT yard!!!

IMG_4819.jpg

We killed some time before we had to meet their friends for dinner by driving around what will be my parent's town, before headed to Bubbalou's for dinner!
IMG_4823.jpg

We went to their friends house for dessert and a late night conversation, then back to the hotel to rest up for my day of searching.

I have no pics from the places we looked at because, let's be honest, I'm moving to Orlando now. More jobs, more affordable housing, and more things to do. If I want to hit the beach, I can get to one within an hour on either coast.

But we did have some time to see Port Canaveral and Cocoa Beach!

DSC_0572.jpg

DSC_0567.jpg

(Oh, I see a Mickey!)

IMG_4836.jpg

And then we found the Disboards welcome center and I got to see Teresa!

IMG_4834.jpg

At that point, we were all DONE with the morning and needed a rest before dinner. So we headed back to the hotel and just relaxed for a few hours.

Where did we head for dinner???

IMG_4841.jpg

We hit the Boardwalk/Epcot resort area! But I had special plans for dinner! So we took a little walk around the lagoon and ended up here-

DSC_0580.jpg

Beaches and Cream!!!

We then just strolled around the Beach Club, I got some Oreo bon-bons (YUM!) and headed back over to the Boardwalk.

IMG_4842.jpg

DSC_0601.jpg

Aren't my parents adorable?!

DSC_0606.jpg

Just to show I was really there!!

DSC_0610.jpg

DSC_0609.jpg

Oh look, Perdita got in on the Boardwalk action! (My first ever Vinyl trade!)​

And then we just sat and watched the sunset over the Boardwalk.

DSC_0617.jpg

DSC_0641.jpg

We took our tired and weary crew back to the hotel, since we already had to leave the next day. :sad: But at least I knew that we would be back SO SOON!!

On the plane out of Orlando, I was lucky enough to capture an image that I can't even believe I got! Luck was 100% behind this!

BirdsEyeView.jpg

I'm definitely having this printed on a large canvas for my new place, and one for my parent's study!​

And with that, we headed home to figure out when we could get back so that I could find a place to live. Next up: JOBS! Oh, and some plans for our September trip... that is so so close!!

Joining in. We are also looking forward to the villains day at DHS. Booked our whole family fall vacation around it :)

Welcome to Florida!
I actually live in Brevard, in between Rockledge and Cocoa Beach!

If you're serious about moving to Orlando, just make sure you check the neighborhood and research the area. There are some seriously sketchy parts of Orlando if you don't know where to look.

Also, BubbaLou's is delicious!

good luck with everything! I can't wait to follow along! :]

Joining in! :)

YAY! Welcome and thanks for following along!

Joining in. We are also looking forward to the villains day at DHS. Booked our whole family fall vacation around it :)

Welcome! I think we are only going to get to an hour or so of the villains thing. It's funny, cause we had planned this trip BECAUSE of the villains event, but ended up skipping it so we could hit the MNSSHP! Maybe we'll see each other!

Im here!!

YAY! I am SO glad you found me!! Can you believe that in ONE month (!!!) we will all be enjoying the World around us?!

Welcome to Florida!
I actually live in Brevard, in between Rockledge and Cocoa Beach!

If you're serious about moving to Orlando, just make sure you check the neighborhood and research the area. There are some seriously sketchy parts of Orlando if you don't know where to look.

Also, BubbaLou's is delicious!

good luck with everything! I can't wait to follow along! :]

Thanks for the welcome! I am so super excited to be moving to Florida! I actually looked at Rockledge, but the relative small town ness of it really threw me. Plus, I come from right outside Philadelphia, where there is so much to do! I have a friend in Orlando whose boyfriends dad is a realtor and he is helping me out. Pointing me in the right direction, sending me listings, helping me avoid sketch town Orlando!

And BubbaLou's was so amazing! I loved it and its 10 minutes from my parents new house, so you KNOW we will be there often!

Thanks for following along!

Oh, Susie. I have no idea how I missed this last update!

That is amazing that your parents bought a house that fast! And with their very own palm tree!:cool1:

I saw the picture online, but I'm confused---what is The Disboards Welcome Center?

Our trip is getting closer by the second!

Joining in! Enjoying reading so far! Congrats on the move to Florida! How exciting!

I can totally relate to having your mom as a Disney travel partner! My mom is my Disney inspiration as well and we (along with my Dad, sister, my DH and DD) are also going in September! It's getting SO close! :cool1:

Love that picture you took from the air, as well! So beautiful!

It was so nice to just meander around and grab a bite to eat without feeling like we were losing out on precious park time. You feel a little less rushed when you know you will live nearby in less than 9 weeks. :cool1:

Ummm... You must have your math wrong or something... You can't be leaving that soon!!!!

Hi there! I stumbled across this by accident. Happy I did.

Congrats on moving to Florida! We just moved down in May from Chicago. I totally understand the SAD. I would get it so bad in Chicago's horrid winters. Not to mention just really hating the cold. We love where we are now. Less than an hour from Disney and about an hour from Cocoa. Life is good.

Subbing so I can follow along with your upcoming trip and relocation journey! :)

I'M HERE AND CAUGHT UP! YAY! I can't wait to hear all about your journey in moving to FL... and obviously, I can't wait for September!! YAY!

So exciting!!!!! so happy i found this!! even if it means i'm running a bit late for work....oooops!

but yay yay yay:thumbsup2

Oh, Susie. I have no idea how I missed this last update!

That is amazing that your parents bought a house that fast! And with their very own palm tree!:cool1:

I saw the picture online, but I'm confused---what is The Disboards Welcome Center?

Our trip is getting closer by the second!

Oh, Jenn! I'm not sure how you missed it! :lmao:

I know! It's all happening crazy fast like that!!! And the palm tree is the icing on the cake!!

So the Disboards welcome center is their hub for the cruises and visitors. When they talk about having dreams unlimited put gifts in your stateroom, that is all taken care of in Port Canaveral. It's pretty neat. Teresa works there and sometimes Walter or some of the others.

Joining in! Enjoying reading so far! Congrats on the move to Florida! How exciting!

I can totally relate to having your mom as a Disney travel partner! My mom is my Disney inspiration as well and we (along with my Dad, sister, my DH and DD) are also going in September! It's getting SO close! :cool1:

Love that picture you took from the air, as well! So beautiful!

Thanks! It's pretty exciting and I can't believe it's actually happening!!

What are your dates?! I know quite a few people who are going in September!!

Thanks! I can't believe I managed to see that! It was SO exciting!!!

Ummm... You must have your math wrong or something... You can't be leaving that soon!!!!

It just doesn't seem right, does it??? BUT at least we know that we'll see each other when you come visit next summer!!!

Hi there! I stumbled across this by accident. Happy I did.

Congrats on moving to Florida! We just moved down in May from Chicago. I totally understand the SAD. I would get it so bad in Chicago's horrid winters. Not to mention just really hating the cold. We love where we are now. Less than an hour from Disney and about an hour from Cocoa. Life is good.

Subbing so I can follow along with your upcoming trip and relocation journey! :)

Oh Welcome, WELCOME! Thanks for coming along! Thanks for the congrats! I am super excited to be doing this, but a little stressed about getting all the details worked out!

As far as winters go, Chicago is probably MUCH worse than Philly, but it dropped below 70 here and I started panicking because, you know, that's cold!

I'd love to meet knew people when I get settled... Maybe we'll be at the parks the same time and can meet up!

I'M HERE AND CAUGHT UP! YAY! I can't wait to hear all about your journey in moving to FL... and obviously, I can't wait for September!! YAY!

LOL- YAYAYAY!! So glad you're here!!

So, if you scroll up you'll see what it is. When you are driving down A1A through Cocoa Beach towards Port Canaveral, it's just here on your right. All unassuming and such! If you get over there, they LOVE visitors!

So exciting!!!!! so happy i found this!! even if it means i'm running a bit late for work....oooops!

but yay yay yay:thumbsup2

Welcome!! So glad you did! But don't be late for work! LOL!

Oh, Jenn! I'm not sure how you missed it! :lmao:

I know! It's all happening crazy fast like that!!! And the palm tree is the icing on the cake!!

So the Disboards welcome center is their hub for the cruises and visitors. When they talk about having dreams unlimited put gifts in your stateroom, that is all taken care of in Port Canaveral. It's pretty neat. Teresa works there and sometimes Walter or some of the others.
GOTCHA!:thumbsup2 I'm not really up on the cruise stuff, so that must be why I'm not in the loop! Very cool!

Thanks! It's pretty exciting and I can't believe it's actually happening!!

What are your dates?! I know quite a few people who are going in September!!

Thanks! I can't believe I managed to see that! It was SO exciting!!!

We will be there September 17-25!! Staying a night at AoA and then the rest at The Contemporary! We've never gone in September, so really looking forward to it!!

Oh my goodness, I COMPLETELY forgot you had started a PTR! And I found it totally by accident, but thank goodness I did! Anyways, luckily I didn't have too much to catch up on, so I'm definitely along for the ride now!

Oh Welcome, WELCOME! Thanks for coming along! Thanks for the congrats! I am super excited to be doing this, but a little stressed about getting all the details worked out!

As far as winters go, Chicago is probably MUCH worse than Philly, but it dropped below 70 here and I started panicking because, you know, that's cold!

I'd love to meet knew people when I get settled... Maybe we'll be at the parks the same time and can meet up!

The little (and big) details take all the fun out of a big move like this. And the packing... oh the packing! At one point, I looked at my husband and said "If it's not already in a box, it's getting tossed and replaced once we get down there!" lol I had had enough.

Lol 70 degrees. I start getting a little cranky once it dips below 70. I was never good at being a Chicagoan. Once it reaches a certain temperature, I'm no longer responsible for my actions. It will get cold here, I've been here when it's been cold but, nothing compared to the Midwest and palm trees help ease it. ;)

It definitely sounds like you and I will be close enough to each other and the parks. I'm sure we can find ourselves somewhere in Disney at the same time. I'm there pretty frequently. Heck, I was just at the Grand today for tea this afternoon. Disney life is a good life.:)

Joining in! I planned my trip around the villains as well!

Plus i do have to say im extremely jealous of you moving to florida

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter