• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You Gotta Love Convention Rates!

Marionnette

Children see magic because they look for it
My husband showed me an email that he got last night for a professional meeting being held in Disney this summer. Yacht Club rates are $199/night + tax! (Summer rack rates are $428/night + tax :faint:)

So, he asks me to "look into it". :lmao: As if I need any more encouragement than that! It took me less than 30 minutes to book the airfare and make my ADRs. I have to wait until Monday to call their special reservation line for group reservations.

Seriously! He shouldn't encourage my Disney addiction! He is such an enabler! :laughing:

My husband showed me an email that he got last night for a professional meeting being held in Disney this summer. Yacht Club rates are $199/night + tax! (Summer rack rates are $428/night + tax :faint:)

So, he asks me to "look into it". :lmao: As if I need any more encouragement than that! It took me less than 30 minutes to book the airfare and make my ADRs. I have to wait until Monday to call their special reservation line for group reservations.

Seriously! He shouldn't encourage my Disney addiction! He is such an enabler! :laughing:

Yay!! That's a fabulous rate. I agree, "look into it" would have sounded like "pack your bags and get out the credit card" to me too:rotfl2:

Fabulous!!!

We are going to a convention in September. We get to stay at CR for $199/night. I'm so excited. That makes 3 WDW trips planned in less than a year...which means we are getting APs! It's going to be a fun trip.

Yes!! Love a convention rate!! We're going to a conference in September at CR for $170 per night. Rack rate is $530. And we're in a tower room. I love the conference, but the cheap rate is icing on the cake! Enjoy your trip!

Edited to add that GF was also an option at $170 per night. Conference is at CR, so we chose that to be close, plus it's one of our favorites!

Yes!! Love a convention rate!! We're going to a conference in September at CR for $170 per night. Rack rate is $530. And we're in a tower room. I love the conference, but the cheap rate is icing on the cake! Enjoy your trip!

Edited to add that GF was also an option at $170 per night. Conference is at CR, so we chose that to be close, plus it's one of our favorites!

I think we may be going to the same conference. However, my registration does not specify tower room. Did you call about that? Thanks!

We use to go to the powerschool conference each year in Disney. Not only do they discount the room rate but also the park tickets.

I hope you go and have a great trip.

Yay!! That's a fabulous rate. I agree, "look into it" would have sounded like "pack your bags and get out the credit card" to me too:rotfl2:

Ha! Me, too! :lmao:

That is a great price! I hope you have a wonderful trip. :)

I think we may be going to the same conference. However, my registration does not specify tower room. Did you call about that? Thanks!

It's the Experience Conference. Last year was my first time and it was so wonderful! Have you been before?

When I did the hotel registration, there was a section for requests. I requested a high floor and theme park view. When I got my reservation number and put it into MDE, it showed tower - lake view. I had requested the same things last year and we ended up on the 10th floor with TPV. We woke up one morning about 4:00am and heard something outside. Mercy Me was doing their sound check for Night of Joy. So cool! It wouldn't hurt to call and add a request.

Awesome...congrats!! I had a conference at BC with a rate of $175 this past December and it was awesome. I called to book and when I checked the website, we received a garden view! We had the most perfect room too...top floor, daybed, and a 24 foot balcony!!

It's the Experience Conference. Last year was my first time and it was so wonderful! Have you been before?

When I did the hotel registration, there was a section for requests. I requested a high floor and theme park view. When I got my reservation number and put it into MDE, it showed tower - lake view. I had requested the same things last year and we ended up on the 10th floor with TPV. We woke up one morning about 4:00am and heard something outside. Mercy Me was doing their sound check for Night of Joy. So cool! It wouldn't hurt to call and add a request.

That's what we will be there for! I'm so excited. Going to be a great week.

I think either you missed heard the husband or he misspoke

Think it was more "book into that":lmao:

I would definitely book a room at that rate. I wish I could go to a conference at Disney.

What is the Experience?

The Experience Conference is for Worship Leaders and their teams - vocalists, band members, tech team, etc. One of the best that I've been to. A conference for Youth Pastors is also offered during the same time.
I will be at the youth leader experience, my second year. I'm excited to be staying at the gf, last year they had us at csr. My sister and her husband will be there at the same time at ssr, they thought about signing up just to get the room rates, lol.

I will be at the youth leader experience, my second year. I'm excited to be staying at the gf, last year they had us at csr. My sister and her husband will be there at the same time at ssr, they thought about signing up just to get the room rates, lol.

We joked about that too! You'd still save a ton of money even with paying the registration.

We have a new children's/youth minister who's also new to ministry. I told him that he needed to go to the conference. He's also a huge music guy, so the fact that it ends with the Night of Joy weekend is a big draw.

Just playing the devils advocate here - pun intended as its a youth ministry conference ;)

Whats to stop people from just booking a room at the negotiated conference rate and not signing up for the conference? How does Disney police that?

Just playing the devils advocate here - pun intended as its a youth ministry conference ;)

Whats to stop people from just booking a room at the negotiated conference rate and not signing up for the conference? How does Disney police that?
I know that Disney checks with the people who arrange our meetings. You need to be registered with the meeting in order to get the discount, otherwise they can charge you the rack rate when you check in. It would be just like trying to book an AP rate without actually having an AP to show them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter