You graduated college now what? Graduation Disney Trip May 2011

Disneywedding2010

DIS Veteran
Hi!

My name is Kristina and my wonderful fiance's name is Alan.

Our last magical trip to Disney was this past February when two of my best friends tagged along. We are DVC members and spent 7 wonderful days in a 2 bedroom at Baylake Tower lake view.

After that trip we decided we were not going to make anymore trips for the year. Well that all went out the window when out of nowhere I got the urge to go for Christmas. Yes, I can hear you all laughing right now telling me I'm probably out of my mind for going the week of Christmas.

We had ran out of points so when my tax refund check came in I paid for a 6 night stay in a one bedroom at OKW. That trip is planned and I'm anxiously counting down the days til we spend Christmas at Disney!

BACKGROUND STORY:

My late husband and daughter passed away in January 2008 when we were hit head on by a drunk driver. Two weeks before that tragic night I had finished my Associates degree in business administration with University of Phoenix Online. Due to the circumstances I never participated in my graduation ceremony in Glendale, Arizona.

6 months after that fatal night I enrolled back into University of Phoenix Online and in August of 2008 I began my Bachelors degree in Hospitality Management. I will participate in the commencement ceremony in Glendale Arizona on November 6th of this year. However, I will not completely finish my classes until March 14th.

This is where Disney comes into play :woohoo:

I had told Alan that since I had been in school for almost 5 years straight (not counting the six months I took off after the accident) that not only did I want to participate in graduation but I wanted to do something to celebrate my huge accomplishment. He asked me what I had in mind and I just gave him that look. He knew immediately what I was thinking and asked cautiously,

"Let me guess, you want to go back to Disney?"

"Dude! You read my mind. Do you mind considering we will have just come back from Disney in December?"

"It doesn't matter to me. Your the one whose busted your butt for the last five years with college after everything that happened. You deserve it."

UP NEXT...

Is planning this trip easier or harder then planning my Christmas trip?

CAST:

Photo0032FourBySix.jpg

(Christmas 2010)

Kristina - Disney fanatic after the last 3 trips since July of 2009. I now will offically never vacation anywhere else but Disney. My friends think I'm crazy because I've been known to go to Disney twice a year and not even blink an eye when I call member services to make the reservation. Disney has sentimental value to me considering it is the only vacation that my late husband and I got to take together before he passed away in 2008.

Alan - My wonderful fiance who loves me unconditionally even if my Disney addiction drives him crazy at times. :lmao: He is slowly starting to warm up to Disney and has even admitted to telling me, "I'd rather go to Disney every year then Las Vegas" :rotfl2:

Tenative plans:

DATES:

May 16 - 25

RESORT:

baylaketowers.jpg

:cool1:

Mode of transporation to Orlando from Dallas:

americanairlinesemblem.jpg

Transportation from MCO to BLT

mickeymagicexpress.jpg

When I told Alan that I wanted to fly and take ME to the resort his response was:

"Yes, I'm sick of driving from Dallas to Orlando. I'll gladly let the mouse drive while I kick back and relax." :lmao:

TENATIVE SCHEDULE:

May 16 - Arrive, dinner at Chef Mickey

May 17 - Animal Kingdom
Dinner @ Whispering Canyon Cafe

May 18 - Epcot Day
Dinner @ Ohanas

May 19 - Magic Kingdom
Breakfast @ Crystal Palace
Dinner @ Liberty Tree Tavern

May 20 - Hollywood Studios
Breakfast @ Cape May Cafe
Fantasmic package @ Fantasmic

May 21 - Resort Day
Breakfast @ Ohanas
Dinner @ 1900 Park Fare

May 22 - Magic Kingdom
Breakfast @ Trails End Restaurant
Dinner @ Plaza Restaurant

May 23rd - Hollywood Studios
Dinner @ Sci Fi

May 24th
Resort Day
Breakfast @ Whispering Canyon Cafe

Yes, I know it looks kind of crazy and spread out but I did it this way because I can't walk parks due to the blood clot in my left leg from the car accident so Alan will be pushing me around the park in my wheelchair we are bringing from home. This will give him a break and he'll also be able to relax by the pool with a Bud Light in his hand. :)

Okay I'm going back and editing all these posts because dates, finances, and just plans in general have changed. We are still flying and I just booked our RT plane tickets with my Chase Rewards debit card. With the amount of points I had I only paid 84.14 TOTAL for our tickets. I also don't have to worry about park tickets because we upgraded our tickets at Christmas to APs.

Im waiting on my aid too so i can purchase a trip lol

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

I've started on a lifestyle change for the new year. I want to get some weight off and keep it off. I have many health conditions that are a lot more challenging to deal with when I have all this weight on. I am hoping to be down 20 pounds by the time we leave for Florida. The first week of my new challenge and I've lost 3 pounds! :banana:.

I started my next to last class of my Bachelors degree on Tuesday. My classes are 5 weeks long and I do one at a time. The class I'm in right now is facilities management. It basically talks about the different jobs a facilities manager has it when it comes to making sure any type of business is running smoothly. My bachelors in hospitality management will be complete March 14th. I'm hoping to walk for my commencement ceremony in May in Dallas. :banana:.

When we were down at Disney for Christmas I told a few cast members what I was going to college for. One of them said, "Oh you should come work for Disney." I told her I'd love to but that would mean having to sell my house and move to Florida. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter