• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You Guys and Gals really know your stuff...

hinezee

Earning My Ears
I've decided to surprise my wife and 4 year old daughter with a trip to Disneyland Paris and (foolishly) thought it would be a 5 minute phone call before the tickets plopped through the post. I'm in awe :eek: of the amount of choices that can be made and would hate to make a schoolboy error and not maximise the fun factor for 'the girls'.

I'm already itching to tell them but will try to wait just a few days before leaving.

I've pretty much narrowed down my choices below but I would be very grateful of a little inside knowledge or to see if anybody has some tips etc...

Essentially, I'm planning to go anywhere between mid Feb and the end of March for 3 Nights probably starting on a Thursday. Driving down to Ashford and getting the Eurostar from there as early as we can.

Hotel-wise....I'd like to be fairly close to the park and have (sort of) decided on either the Disneyland hotel or the New York hotel. Having said that I'd still consider a suite at one of the other hotels if the price difference isn't that much.

I can't quite stretch to the Disneyland Hotel Club so would opt for the standard room but am seriously considering the Empire State rooms in the New York hotel. However, I'm struggling to find anything concrete to describe the extra benefits of this over a standard room.

Lastly, are there any preferred methods of booking the trip either via a travel agent or through the official website or calling the offical people.

My daughter is in love with Tinks (aka Tinkerbell) and would love anythign related to her if there are any specific experiences I should look out for.

Many Thanks in advance. I'll promise to post here pics once we return.

Hi hinezee,

Elaine, Jackie, Elaine and Reid welcome you to DLP DIS board :)

We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread, or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1477038 ,
DIS posting guidelines can be found here
http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm .

You sound like you're really getting clued up about your trip. I can't offer advice about either hotel you're considering, or the Eurostar. I usually book over the phone with Disney, but as you're going within the next month or so, you could also just as easily book online with Disney direct. Most folk tend to agree you are unlikely to get it any cheaper through a travel agent.

The only Tinkerbell-related item at DLRP at the moment, until the beginning of March, is Candleabration at the end of each park day. You don't actually see Tink, but she helps light up the Castle :goodvibes .

With a little one I would definitely say go for the DLH standard room as opposed to HNY-esc.

The benefits of ESC are you get a lounge with free snacks and hot drinks throughout teh day, and you also get a VIP fastpass (allowing you to skip lines on the fastpass rides) but unless you are going during half term - then I don't think these would be that crucial to your trip.

The benefits of staying at DLH are it is IN the magic kingdom, and your two girls will absolutely be blown away by it! :)

When I've visited and not ben styaing there, I've always had a little pang of sadness walking under it to get in to the park!

I'm not a tinkerbell expert I'm afraid, but someone else will be along to help you with that!!

have a wonderful trip!!!!!!! And welcome to the DIS!!! be prepared to get addicted!!!

Wow what a way to get us all to look. Great title!!

Ok, I'm a relative newbie when it comes to the finer points of booking DLRP thanks to lots of trips with parents when I was younger :thumbsup2

I've not stayed in the higher end hotels so I can't help with those I'm afraid. I will just say that the Newport Bay Club is actually quite a treck from the parks so that would rule out a suite there imho.

I beleive (but someone will correct me if I'm wrong) that the benefits are a dedicated check in, seperate breakfast, drinks throughout the day in a lounge and a VIP fastpass.

I'd book the hotel and park tickets direct with Disney and then book the eurostar/eurotunnel direct with eurostar/eurotunnel as this seems to be the best way of getting the cheapest prices.

There is nothing Tinkerbell related insomuch as rides, meals or meet and greets unfortunatly but there is loads of Tinkerbell merchandise in the shops :thumbsup2

Welcome to DIS and I hope you are prepared to become addicted. :goodvibes

I would also agree with staying in DLH if you can rather than NY. Your daughter will much prefer this in my opinion.

Also Im not certain but are there pictures of Tink engraved on the furniture in DLH rooms or is this just in Castle Club rooms

Welcome to DIS and I hope you are prepared to become addicted. :goodvibes

I would also agree with staying in DLH if you can rather than NY. Your daughter will much prefer this in my opinion.

Also Im not certain but are there pictures of Tink engraved on the furniture in DLH rooms or is this just in Castle Club rooms

Yes I think Tinkerbell is on the TV cupboard in the DLH standard rooms.
Again with a little one I think the benefits of being at the park door outweigh the advantages of HNY Empire. You probably won't be going on most of the fastpass rides which are mostly rollercoasters. You do get one extra fastpass a day with a standard DLH room. You're unlikely to want to walk back to the HNY with a 4 yr old too often so might not take full advantage of the complimentary snacks in the lounge. If staying in the DLH however you might want to lock up your wallet so stop your daughter begging for the lovely dresses she'll keep seeing!
With regards Eurostar from Ashford there's only one direct train a day so if you don't want to change you're tied to that time which I believe at the moment is 10.28 from Ashford. You can pay approx £30 for the Disney Express service where you deposit your cases on the upper floor of the station and they are taken to your hotel for you. In the DLH they are taken to your room and I'm sure in HNY Empire too. Likewise they'll then be collected from your room and you then pick them up when you check in at Eurostar the evening you leave - the train back is at 19.38 at the moment I think and check-in is next to the Disney Express desk.

NY Empire state club is the same as the DH Castle club in terms of a private floor, VIP fastpasses, characters at breakfast on the private floor, free soft drinks and snacks up to I think 10pm. It is cheaper by around 20% than DH Castle club - plus points are that rooms are new and I think larger than CC (someone correct me on this?) but the walk is 5 mins through Disney Village rather than being right on the park.

As your daughter is so young, you probably would not benefit from the VIP fast passes unless adults wanted to use them (VIP fast pass is a ticket you just show at the fastpass entrance and you walk virtually straight on to the ride avoiding the main queue and can be used as many times as you want). Great for Thunder Mountain which often has waits of up to an hour but you can do 3-4 rides in 30 minutes. The most useful rides for VIP fastpasses would probably be Peter Pan and Buzz, but it's a lot to pay extra to get them if you don't need them or the other benefits.

If you do not need VIP fastpass then I would suggest DH standard room for convenience and the 'pink' hotel - she should love it.

For somewhere to eat in the evening, a great buffet is the Plaza Gardens, and for top of the range buffet (and very expensive but still a great experience) is Inventions in the DH which I recall has characters at dinner.

Hope this helps

DLH - your daughter and your wife will love it, believe me it's what some of us dream about. :cloud9:

Just something I think I should mention, I'm sure I read somewhere that the only VIP fastpasses on offer at the HNY ESC are for those in suites, rather than standard rooms in the HNY ESC.... Someone else may be able to confirm this....

If you can afford it, I would definately go for the Disneyland Hotel.... It's the stuff of complete dreams by all accounts!

Bob xoxoxox

This is the TV cupboard in the DLH - it is Peter Pan rather than Tinks.

100_0168.jpg

But the whole place would be a little girl's dream (and most grown up girl's too!)

According to the official brochure at
disneylandparis.com
/BROCHURE/SUMMER09/E/catalogue/appli.htm

"If you choose to book an empire club room or suite, you will benefit from a VIP faspass".

Regards

I haven't stayed at either hotel (yet) but my friend stayed in a HNY suite. He said it was fabulous and he took full advantage of the lounge and VIP fastpass. Having said that, he visited the DLH to check it out for me, and said that it took his breath away. He went with his partner and daughter (8) when it was quite busy.

This is the TV cupboard in the DLH - it is Peter Pan rather than Tinks.

100_0168.jpg

But the whole place would be a little girl's dream (and most grown up girl's too!)

I seem to recall a relief of Tink somewhere, but maybe I'm just imagining it! Getting old you know. ;)

Then there is always the Tinkerbell Suite at the DLH to consider - no idea on the cost, think you have to ring for Suite prices.

Tinker Bell Suite
She'll be there to kiss you goodnight and wake you up in the morning!

The "Tinker Bell" suite is reminiscent of the ambience and spirit of Victorian London just as in the film "Peter Pan". This suite (69m²) features a double bedroom and a lounge with a sofa bed (for one or two persons). With a view over Fantasia Gardens, this makes this a magical way to end your day at the park!

Although I've looked at several pics on the net and can't seem to find Tinks in the rooms myself :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter