You guys are awesome!!!

LuvTigger

DIS Veteran
I love the DIS, I visit the Community Board daily, and I now visit the WISH Board daily, and I just wanted to say that I think you are all AWESOME!

I consider myself to be, for the most part, a positive person, and I am just amazed at just how positive and supportive you all are of each other! In just a week (I "officially" became a WISHer on Monday), I feel that this is a place to come not only for support with my weight-management program, but also just for a boost of positive energy!

So thank you to you all for your constant support and positive energy, and especially to nativetxn, who I can tell makes a great effort to reach out to each and every person! (Where do you find the time???)

Wow, Luv Tigger, you said just what I wanted to say!!! Especially the part about NativeTxn!!!! It's like it came right out of my brain!

Thank you for your kind words, you two. WISH is truly a wonderful help to me and I honestly find strength in reaching out to others.

I WISH around doing other stuff. My only child is grown up and moved away, I don't work outside the home. I have a little more time than others.

Mostly I reach out to my fellow WISHers because I am completely selfish. I do it for <i>me</i>. Try it. You'll see. Encouraging and supporting other WISHers helps keep me motivated and strong. WISH empowers me :)

Yep, I agree with you guys. WISH is the best and Kath is the BEST of the BEST!!!!:D :D She is always there with a kind word and support when you need it.

Kath, I agree with you, too. Sometimes I feel that the words I write when trying to support someone may be clumsy and ill-expressed, but I ALWAYS feel better for having posted. It is very empowering to reach out to someone else.

Originally posted by nativetxn
Mostly I reach out to my fellow WISHers because I am completely selfish. I do it for <i>me</i>. Try it. You'll see. Encouraging and supporting other WISHers helps keep me motivated and strong. WISH empowers me :)

I agree Kath, although I cannot keep up like you can! It gives me a great boost to be able to help support others here! I just love this board so much!

As for being selfish, I doubt there is a selfish bone in your body!! Hugs!

I agree that the WISH is definately the place to get positive energy - thanks everyone
Ya know, once I start reading here my mood improves
Now I just need to learn to reciprocate that positive energy

Aloha! ;)

You took the words right out of my mouth! I love WISH for more than the weight loss support and encouragement. It's a diverse group of people who all want to get healthy for their own reasons, yet we've all come together in the spirit of friendship to form this very positive community. I really prefer WISH to the other DISBOARD boards, although that Cruise board is chock-a-block full of great information!! Hee hee! And I love the UK Community Board too, but I'm just a wannabe UK citizen! ;)

Thanks for all your kind words. WISH is a great place to get support, gain information and just know that other people are going through the same things you are is a wonderful inspiration.

Good luck!!!!

Hi Kendra!!! I am so happy to see you made your way to WISH. How are you, how's Hawaii? It has been a while since I have seen you around. I can't say enough about WISH and all of the kind and caring people here. I have gradually gotten to know a whole bunch of WISH people and they have really help me change my life. And Katholyn, she is one of the tops here, she constantly amazes me with hear huge heart! Welcome, I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

HI!! Welcome to WISH!!! WE love new people!! I have a great idea!!! Let's have a WISH meet at LuvTigger's to officially welcome her!!!! What do you think!!!:0:bounce: :bounce: :p :smooth:

I agree with Holly....I am in...sorry I can't make it to the Michigan meet....but you can be DARN sure that I would make it to the Hawaii Meet!!! LOL

So what do ya say LuvTigger???? Just Kidding

Tracy

Haha, well now, maybe we can make a Hawaii DIS meet some kind of incentive for the WISH Board... ;) Imagine us all on the beach in 2-piece bikinis.

Tiggerlover (and others interested in Hawaii), it's very nice now, but a bit humid. What I've been enjoying the past couple of days is the surf (I don't actually surf, but I love to look at the waves). The south and west shores, which are normally very small, have been as high as 15 feet the past week or so! Beautiful to watch.

I'm really making an effort to get onto the WISH every day. It's fairly easy at work, at least for now (my job can be VERY hectic, but mostly so during Jan-May. However, I'm going to be on a few business trips in the next few months, which may pose as a challenge!). Glad to see some familiar "faces" here, and I'm really looking forward to getting to know the rest of you!

All I can say about this board is WOW!!! After only three days of checking in I can't beleive how great this is. My WW board on line is nice but not as great as this!! My hats off to all of you wonderful people:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter