• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You Guys Part of the Family? You've Got the Magic In Your Eyes!!->Updated 10/19x3!!!!

52 days before I'll be seeing all that awesomeness! I can't decide which villian to go an meet so I think I'll leave it up to DH.

I'm sure you saw already that Jack and Sally will be meeting at MNNSHP this year, right?

Maleficent totally needs to be the head villain. I mean, look at her. Complete and total evil. And she transforms into a fire breathing dragon. C'mon!! :maleficen

I bet Voldemort can get down and boogie when he wants to :dancer:

But in true Disney fashion, it's so nice that the evil villains are so willing to pose for photos. Such sweethearts after all.

You guys are sooooo tiny next to Dr. Facilier! That's a good Gaston. Not rough on the eyes, either. So so so sooo excited for MNSSHP! :banana: :yay: :banana: :yay: :banana:

Love the updates! So excited for MNSSHP and your posts are perfectly timed to make it even more exciting!! :cheer2:

The pictures of the Villains show are great.

It's pretty funny how you predicted Jack and Sally for this year's Halloween party in this TR :rotfl:

these updates are making me so excited for my upcoming trip!!!:mickeyjum I just love MNSSHP! Just about two more weeks and then it's an entire week of Disney :tigger:

I KNOW!! I'm seriously dying, I cannot wait to be there, and to be at two parties again is going to be just seriously amazing. Like, I'm so excited for it!!

Ha! Me too. I'm doing MNSSHP for the first time and Katt's posts are just making me more and more excited to experience it. We're note there til halloween itself though, so will have to live vicariously for a little longer.

Have a wonderful trip!

Yay!! Ahaha, it's gonna be an awesome one, I love fall/halloween in Disney, it's so awesome!!

Great update! :)

Thanks!!

52 days before I'll be seeing all that awesomeness! I can't decide which villian to go an meet so I think I'll leave it up to DH.

I'm sure you saw already that Jack and Sally will be meeting at MNNSHP this year, right?

Awe man, so exciting!! So glad you guys are getting to check out Halloween!!

YES! I freaked out, however I've only seen the movie once and more care for getting Paige a hello on a video, that's it.. HOWEVER, MEG was out in Epcot yesterday training...she's no longer in Fantasmic, and I've heard whisperings that "she's testing out Florida now for a longer stay" so I'm hoping she'll be at the parties this year, or come out permanently. Her and Herc were recieved REALLY well over in DLR and I'm hoping they bring them out in WDW for good!

Maleficent totally needs to be the head villain. I mean, look at her. Complete and total evil. And she transforms into a fire breathing dragon. C'mon!! :maleficen

I bet Voldemort can get down and boogie when he wants to :dancer:

But in true Disney fashion, it's so nice that the evil villains are so willing to pose for photos. Such sweethearts after all.

Yeah, she's pretty bad ***! Aw man, if you haven't watched A Very Potter Musical, go on youtube right now and see if you can find "Dance Again" from it, you'll be greatly amused by Voldy's dancing!

Yeah! Love it!

You guys are sooooo tiny next to Dr. Facilier! That's a good Gaston. Not rough on the eyes, either. So so so sooo excited for MNSSHP! :banana: :yay: :banana: :yay: :banana:

I don't even know how that happened! Like, awesome special effect! Lol

Gaston is never rough on the eyes, like, all of the people they hired to be friends with him are SO attractive...

Love the updates! So excited for MNSSHP and your posts are perfectly timed to make it even more exciting!! :cheer2:

The pictures of the Villains show are great.

It's pretty funny how you predicted Jack and Sally for this year's Halloween party in this TR :rotfl:

SO EXCITED!! I'm happy it timed out right!!

Thanks!

Hahaha, yeah, that's hilarious. I'm more hoping for Meg though!!

We had waited through the rain, our ponchos were back on, and we had actually both taken our wings off (can’t get those wet, and it’s just better for everyone around us, lawl), and the parade had been delayed a little bit (we were pretty worried about it being cancelled) Heck, when we were still at Animal Kingdom we had been superbly worried that MNSSHP would be rained out, and that just wouldn’t be cool! Thankfully, we were soon seeing this beauty of a sight coming out the gates towards us!

150-4.jpg

151-4.jpg

Yay!!

152-5.jpg

153-5.jpg

154-4.jpg

155-4.jpg

After the first little bit of the parade it became pretty apparent that we hadn’t chosen a great spot for a parade that wasn’t MSEP. Frontierland where we were wasn’t lit up very well, and of course, we had the glaring light coming off of Pecos Bills across from us, in the backs of all our pictures, but we still enjoyed it!

156-4.jpg

157-4.jpg

158-4.jpg

159-4.jpg

The Winnie the Pooh gang has such adorable costumes on, it makes them even cuter!

160-4.jpg

161-4.jpg

162-4.jpg

Tick tock! Now, I know I already commented on it, but I wish they’d bring back the various pirate characters for the pirate section of the parade, the flag spinning is cool, but I’m not the number one fan of it.

163-4.jpg

164-3.jpg

165-3.jpg

166-3.jpg

167-3.jpg

168-3.jpg

169-2.jpg

170-3.jpg

171-3.jpg

172-3.jpg

Yay for my other favorite part of the parade! UGH! I can’t decide on things, haha, this is why I love MNSSHP so much, there’s so many aspects that you never get to see any other time of year, not just characters in costumes, but so much other stuff! It’s totally awesome!

Naturally, the Haunted Mansion dancers are some of my favorites, so I have a ton of pictures of them, most of which are just kinda silhouetted against the lights across the street…whoops.

173-3.jpg

174-2.jpg

175-3.jpg

176-3.jpg

177-3.jpg

178-3.jpg

179-3.jpg

180-3.jpg

I like to think that at least some of them turned out okay!

181-3.jpg

182-3.jpg

183-3.jpg

Now, as we approach the Hootenanny portion of the parade, you’ve got to hear a little story of the shenanigans that went along with it. The cowboys are definitely a hoot, that’s for sure, and being Alberta girls, there’s just something attractive about a boy in a cowboy hat, bahaha! Well, the parade cowboys do this pause in their dancing to thrust towards the guests, and there was definitely one coming right towards us, and, since her lips were super chapped, Paige had been biting them, causing the guy to be all “You like that ladies?” and wink over at us, causing us to burst into a fit of giggles…of course… Seriously, made the parade for us, hilarious moment, and hey, he definitely wasn’t bad looking!

184-3.jpg

185-3.jpg

186-3.jpg

187-3.jpg

188-3.jpg

Look out, the bad guys are a’comin!

189-3.jpg

190-3.jpg

Cruella came RIGHT up to us, and made conversation about our ponchos, saying that they in fact, were not actually stylish, or had any potential to be! We gotta believe her, I mean, she knows her fashion! However, sometimes fashion goes out the window, and usually that happens at Disney, am I right?

191-3.jpg

192-3.jpg

193-3.jpg

194-3.jpg

Well, the parade was over, and since we were over in Frontierland, it was officially over, and now we had some time to kill. Paige and I had talked over doing some more trick or treating, or even some rides, but lets face it, it was late, we were wet and getting cold, and we had done everything we wanted to do so far. To try and avoid the parade following crowds, we crossed the street and cut around the back of Tortuga Tavern into Adventureland to start our journey out of the park.

Since Paige and I were crossing through Adventureland, and we were on our way out, and had to wait for the parade to be officially done on Main Street, we took it slowly, and I’m sure we hit up a couple of the candy trails down there too, but it was when we reached the veranda that I turned to Paige and asked “You want to try the fairies again?” The ones we had met earlier had seemed less than enthused, and we figured this late in the night, there wouldn’t be a crowd, and they might be hanging out with different friends by now.

Paige agreed that was a good idea, and we had wanted to try and get a picture with all 4 of us, so we headed into the nook. Well, our instincts were correct, because there was literally NO ONE in line for the fairies, seriously, no one, we walked straight through to the “shrink down” portal and into the room.

Photo0536FourBySix.jpg

Photo0537FourBySix.jpg

We of course had to get the ponchos off and the wings on as fast as we could, but already Tink was blowing the last one out of the water! She was excited that we were dressed up as them, and it didn’t take her long to figure it out at all! Yay! She was the same Tink Mom and I had met earlier in the week!

Tink and Periwinkle both chatted with us for a bit, and said that they loved the costumes, asked about them, and we explained, they were both absolutely fantastic. As Tink started to get us together for a photo, Paige took the leap of faith and asked “We were wondering, if at any way possible, we could maybe, please, get a picture with all four of us together?” And pulled puppy dog eyes, lawl, maybe not, but we were really hoping for this picture…

Tink immediately looked over at Peri, then to the handlers/photopass, and then immediately turned to her handler and was all “GUARD THE PORTAL!!” and pointed towards the doorway.

Photo0538FourBySix.jpg

Photo0542FourBySix.jpg

195-3.jpg

It was absolutely awesome, I mean, the four of us had all been talking together, and it was just amazing to actually get this picture, it’s even my current computer background! Also take note that everyone is holding hands; this was definitely the pixie’s doing, it was just adorable!

Photo0539FourBySix.jpg

Photo0540FourBySix.jpg

We thanked the sisters profusely as we left, and said a huge thank you to the other CMs that made the magic that ended our MNSSHP happen, it was in all seriousness, amazing, and I’m soooo happy that we were able to get the pictures!! Paige and I took our time heading down Main Street and just taking it all in as we left, and of course, had time for one more photopass on the way out!

Photo0543FourBySix.jpg

All in all, it was an absolutely fantastic night, even with the rain! It kinda just added to it, and lesson learnt: when it rains in Disney, don’t even bother with the umbrellas, ponchos are where it’s at, even if Cruella says otherwise!

We had 2 full days of Disney ahead of us, and over the last couple of days, had been discussing a few other things that we could do. Paige noted that, especially after MNSSHP, we had been in MK a lot, and we had started talking about taking a half day over to Universal to check out WWOHP, but in the end, I just didn’t have the money for it, $90.00 some dollars plus cab fare and all the things I’d want to buy…yeah… not gonna happen. In the end it was decided that we would sleep in a little bit, and take it kinda slow in the morning to give ourselves a little rest after being up so late!

Food of the Day: Tusker House lunch!!
-Good service
-Fun character interaction
-Delicious food, and different kinds of food than a normal place!

Ups of the Day:
-Tigger being awesome
-6 rides in a row on Expedition Everest
-The level of romance in the princess room at MNSSHP
-Our super attractive cowboy
-Getting the picture with the 4 fairies!

Downs:
-Scary rain over at Animal Kingdom
-Dinosaur
-The first Tink of the party

I love love love the pictures with both of the fairies! You guys all look so cute!

I hope I get to experience MNSSHP someday, I'm at least hoping to get a chance to do MVMCP during my trip in December. They both seem so magical! And I really want to meet the princes, especially Eugene :)

YAY Boo to You!! Totally agree that Frontierland is not the ideal spot for viewing being so dark. Pretty cool for atmosphere though.

Ahhh, I so love the Haunted Mansion section. Just so wonderful.

Haha, I bet you made that cowboy's night too whether it was intentional or not!

Wait... are you implying there's more than one Tink? :laughing:

OMG, that is seriously awesome that you got that group photo!!! I'd say it was for sure a good call to head into the nook. :goodvibes

Every time I read one of your updates I get more and more excited for my trip! I can officially now say that I'm going to Disney next month! Thanks for the tip about not watching the parade near Peco Bills.

Love the pictures with the fairies! So cute!

I love love love the pictures with both of the fairies! You guys all look so cute!

I hope I get to experience MNSSHP someday, I'm at least hoping to get a chance to do MVMCP during my trip in December. They both seem so magical! And I really want to meet the princes, especially Eugene :)

It was such an awesome experience, I was so glad that Tink was willing to do it, and the fact that they lead the interaction and had us all being cute and holding hands was magical!!

Definitely do it!! MVMCP is awesome, I like MNSSHP better, but that's just cause I like halloween better, and christmas feels weird without real snow to me haha!!

I love the pics of you two with Tinkerbell and Silvermist! :)

Thank you! It was great!

YAY Boo to You!! Totally agree that Frontierland is not the ideal spot for viewing being so dark. Pretty cool for atmosphere though.

Ahhh, I so love the Haunted Mansion section. Just so wonderful.

Haha, I bet you made that cowboy's night too whether it was intentional or not!

Wait... are you implying there's more than one Tink? :laughing:

OMG, that is seriously awesome that you got that group photo!!! I'd say it was for sure a good call to head into the nook. :goodvibes

Yeah...I'll be watching from Main St next week! AH! HEAR THAT! NEXT WEEK! HM section is my favorite, they're spooky and creepy and just AWESOME! And then there's the cowbows...like..HELLO...

Ahahaha, NO! NOt at all, she just has lots of friends!

It's awesome! I'm so happy we got it!!.

I love the pic of you two with Tink and Silvermist. Wonderful!

Thanks!! It was the magical moment of the night, that's for sure!!

Every time I read one of your updates I get more and more excited for my trip! I can officially now say that I'm going to Disney next month! Thanks for the tip about not watching the parade near Peco Bills.

Love the pictures with the fairies! So cute!

It's awesome!! I'm so excited for next week, and I'm so excited to hear all about your trip! Yay for next month!! Viewing wise, the spot wasn't that pad, but taking pictures was awkward, and it wasn't great to have the lights in the back. I'd just suggest main st!

The parade pictures came out awesome anyway!

:rotfl: Yay for flirtatious parade cowboys! That's so awesome that Cruella came over to talk to you!

AH so glad you got the picture! SO freakin adorable! It's even cuter that Tink said "Guard the portal!" So glad it worked out for you guys and such a great memory!

The parade pictures came out awesome anyway!

:rotfl: Yay for flirtatious parade cowboys! That's so awesome that Cruella came over to talk to you!

AH so glad you got the picture! SO freakin adorable! It's even cuter that Tink said "Guard the portal!" So glad it worked out for you guys and such a great memory!

Haha thanks! Hopefully I get some great ones this year! Lol!!

The parade was just a great experience overall for everyone this time aronud haha

It was so cute!! Love that moment, definitely one of the magical moments!

That parade seems fabulous. One day we'll be there to see it.

Love that the cowboys were digging you and Paige. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter