You Just Got Married at WDW - What're You Gonna Do Next? LIVE Blog from WDW (p.24)!

Sounds like you have some great picks! We're also planning a stop at Boma! I am really anxious to try it out. :)

Hello! Signing on, love a good PTR!

We tried Boma in March for the first time, it was fantastic. As good as you read about. So many choices, so many unique tastes, yet many normal things too. I loved the different spices in things though. The Watermelon Rind salad had a great flavor and the Mulligatawny, well that was my favorite. I found the recipe here on the DIS and have made it at home. SOOOOOO good. I hope you enjoy it!

Allyson :)

Yay! I'm excited to hear about your trip!

I am totally available for all food/wine related activities by the way! :)

lurkyloo - Your ADRs sound great! I can't believe you had to take a 4:10 ADR at LeCellier; I would have thought for just two people you would have had more choices calling when you did.

I would highly recommend Raglan Road - tried it for the first time this last trip and I LOVED it! Friendly staff, fun atmosphere and very good food. And their bread pudding.......to die for!

Yes - I was the nerd phoning Disney Dining exactly 180 days beforehand to book such hot ADRs as Tony's Town Square (I'm sure they were like, "Geez, lady, you could call the day before and Tony's would have availability..."). But maybe I'd better check on them again now that we're getting close.

Hee I got hubbie to do all that, when we tried to get and ADR at Le Cellier about 1 week into our trip the CM said they were fully booked, DH goes 'Blimey' and the CM couldn't stop laughing! She said she usually hears 'holy cow' or 'woah' but never Blimey! And he doesn't even have a cockney accent :rotfl:
We had a second coice of days to do Le Cellier (I love going on a 2 week trip!) and we got that one calling exactly 180 days out, cheesey soup here we come:thumbsup2

Bet you're glad you checked? I literally have nightmares about showing up unprepared, wrong time/ wrong place/ no ADR number :confused3 Still I'd rather dream it than it happen for real;)

Bet you're glad you checked? I literally have nightmares about showing up unprepared, wrong time/ wrong place/ no ADR number :confused3 Still I'd rather dream it than it happen for real;)

I am glad I checked - thanks for the kick in the patootie! :cutie:

lurkyloo - Your ADRs sound great! I can't believe you had to take a 4:10 ADR at LeCellier; I would have thought for just two people you would have had more choices calling when you did.

Yeah, this 180+10 thing is a killer because then all the people whose trips start before yours can book up to 10 days ahead. But even with that, I can't believe THAT many people booked Le Cellier. I prolly shoulda called back at 180 exactly to see if they'd released more times.... Oh, and we ate at Raglan Road on our first night in Feb and really enjoyed it. Mmm... scallop forest....

Yay! I'm excited to hear about your trip!I am totally available for all food/wine related activities by the way! :)

I am totally going to hold you to that! I feel like we should meet up to eat one of your famous favorites, like All-Stars pizza or a Roaring Forks brownie! :rotfl:

We tried Boma in March for the first time, it was fantastic. As good as you read about. So many choices, so many unique tastes, yet many normal things too. I loved the different spices in things though. The Watermelon Rind salad had a great flavor and the Mulligatawny, well that was my favorite. I found the recipe here on the DIS and have made it at home. SOOOOOO good. I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks for the tips. I think Boma will prolly be my fave buffet. I'm really looking forward to trying some of the more exotic stuff. I just wish those darn zebra domes didn't have liquer in them - Crystal made them sound so delicious, but liquer flavorings make me :crazy2:

Sounds like you have some great picks! We're also planning a stop at Boma! I am really anxious to try it out. :)

Me too! :)

My husband's favourite restaurant is Le Cellier, second only to Victoria and Albert. You'll have a great time! And Boma's is amazing. The only one on your I have never been to so far is Whispering Canyon and I am quite excited to be going this trip. Looking forward to hearing how it is from you!

Fun! I'm definitely going to be keeping better notes at the restaurants this time. I don't know why it never occurred to me before, but I'm going to start taking pix of the menu so I can remember what I had! :)

How many days until you go on your trip? The countdowns are one of my favorite parts of the pre-trip reports. Do you plan on seeing the Eat to the Beat Concerts while you are there? I think you will only be there for the first one with Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.

I saw that! I'm trying to figure out how to time seeing BBVD with our 7pm dinner at Ohana. Do you think they'd let us swing dance in the aisles?

My countdown over on PassPorter's board says....

2 months, 1 week until Free Dining!

Hi there!

I ate at Raglan Road on Thursday night for the first time and loved it. I tried to make our ADR to coincide with the live band because I thought it started at 8. Turns out it starts at 9 so we missed it. I had a beer flight and my mom and I split the dalkey duo. For our entrees, my mom had the beef stew (she loved it) and I had the bangers and mash :-)thumbsup2 but I would get something different next time). I highly recommend it if you're hanging out in DD!

Sounds great! Now I really wanna eat there on our first night in WDW... :goodvibes

Wow, the fall of the once great Wedding and Honeymoon Board and I totally missed the start of your new PJ!!

Snuggling in for a long ride :surfweb: ....this is gonna be a good one!:woohoo:

:eek: Page 4 does not look good on you.

OK, you stumped me! I have been wracking my brains trying to get this joke and have come up empty. How embarrassing :crazy: ... care to clue a sister in? :rotfl:

Wow, the fall of the once great Wedding and Honeymoon Board and I totally missed the start of your new PJ!!

Snuggling in for a long ride :surfweb: ....this is gonna be a good one!:woohoo:

Hee hee! Glad you're along for the ride! Over here I can talk about as much non-wedding-related stuff as I want to, such as restaurants, shoes, dinosaurs, etc. :lmao:

OK, everyone - I need some recommendations on good walking sandals for WDW.

I have narrow feet, so Crocs are out. I really really wanted to wear Keen sandals, but they're too short in my size, and if I go up a size I'm swimming in them.

I want something cool and breathable with good ankle and arch support - is that too much to ask? :rotfl:

Hoping you all have favorite brands and styles to recommend....

Hey Lurkyloo! I wanted to ask if you are going to the MNSSHP on the 23rd? You have ADRs at Tony's and I'm not sure if you know there will be a Halloween party that night. Just a heads up!
I will be at WDW almost the same dates, I'm 22-28th. I could only get a 4:45 Lecellier at 180 days out as well but whatever, I can eat a BIG dessert later and not feel too guilty!

I've been to the F&WF before and don't remember lines and horrific crowds but I did do a bit more wine than food tasting so it just may be I didn't actually see all the people around me!

Lurkyloo - They're not sandals but I LIVE in my Teva "Mush" flipflops the whole time I'm at Disney. The're very cushion-y; and I usually bring about 2-3 pair just to switch them up a bit. Check out www.Teva.com.

OK, you stumped me! I have been wracking my brains trying to get this joke and have come up empty. How embarrassing :crazy: ... care to clue a sister in? :rotfl:

:lmao: I think your report was on page 4, which she was saying didn't look good on you, so she bumped you up to page 1.:goodvibes

Hey Lurkyloo! I wanted to ask if you are going to the MNSSHP on the 23rd? You have ADRs at Tony's and I'm not sure if you know there will be a Halloween party that night. Just a heads up!
I will be at WDW almost the same dates, I'm 22-28th. I could only get a 4:45 Lecellier at 180 days out as well but whatever, I can eat a BIG dessert later and not feel too guilty!

4:45 at Le Cellier, eh? Well ours is at 4:10, so if we're there on the same day, you should see them hustling us out the door as you walk in! :lmao:

We hadn't planned to go to MNSSHP but figured if we got the last reservation at Tony's that night for regular park guests, we could extend our time in the MK by that little bit before we get booted...maybe peep at the festivities as we get hustled out (again! We get hustled out of a lot of places! :rotfl: )

Lurkyloo - They're not sandals but I LIVE in my Teva "Mush" flipflops the whole time I'm at Disney. The're very cushion-y; and I usually bring about 2-3 pair just to switch them up a bit. Check out www.Teva.com.

Thanks for the tip! And I never thought about bringing multiple pairs of the same shoes - another great tip! :goodvibes

:lmao: I think your report was on page 4, which she was saying didn't look good on you, so she bumped you up to page 1.:goodvibes

OOOOOHHHH! I get it now - that IS funny! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter