• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You Just Got Married at WDW - What're You Gonna Do Next? LIVE Blog from WDW (p.24)!

... if you write a product review for ShoeBuy.com they take 5% off the cost of the shoes you bought (by issuing a credit to your card) and send you a coupon for 10% off!

Ha that's great:thumbsup2

Bet you are so excited now, I'm excited for you :cheer2:

Have you made a final decision on the shoes, those Crocs are very nice - yay for having hassle free beach footwear :thumbsup2

Oh my goodness, the Great Shoe Dilemma of Aught-Eight is almost too much to bear! :rotfl2:

First I was gonna keep the Tevas. Then I was gonna return them and buy 2 pairs of Chacos. Then I tried on the Chacos and learned that they have one of the hardest soles in the biz and need thorough breaking in. So now I'm gonna keep the Tevas and get one pair of Chacos and hope I can alternate enough to keep my feet from getting torn up. :rotfl:

I suppose I might be a tiny bit obsessed by the shoes, but I know painful feet can ruin a Disney trip so I'm trying to avoid it!

In other sartorial news (all of which is to distract you guys from the fact that I STILL haven't drawn up our daily touring plans :lmao: ), I found a dress to wear for our photo shoot with the Roots which, naturally, lead me to purchase two potential pairs of cute-yet-comfy shoes to wear with it:

Prettiest Dress I Have Ever Seen

ABBIEDRESS1.jpg

44a91d9038ec029bbc1021a97e531f45.jpg

Potential Shoes

CrocsRedPrima.jpg

CrocsBluePrima.jpg

OK, OK, I know I said these made my feet hot, but they are cute and otherwise comfy, right? :cutie:

Look what I just read in the All Ears Newsletter:

As of Saturday, August 30, 2008, you may now make dining reservations through February 22, 2009.

(and WHY can't they deliver that newsletter on Mondays when it's published instead of Tuesdays...?)

This means I need to start making my ADRs for our February anniversary trip, like, now! And I have NO idea what they should be 'cuz I thought the window wasn't going to open til Ocober! Eeeep!

OK, technically, this is not September pre-trip-report-related... but it is February pre-trip-report-related! :lmao:

Just snagged a 7:30pm reservation at Le Cellier the night we get in for our Feb. trip. Nevermind that I don't even know if we'll want to eat there again after our Sept. trip - I've never been able to get a time that prime before! :rotfl:

OOOH.. I didn't know you were going in February! I wanna go too :( That is after all my birthday month!! are you doing dining plan when you go?? awesome dress by the way and the shoes match ridiculously well!! cant wait to see the pics! sooo hmm.. brainstorm for ressies?? emails are way past due.. tomorrow fer sure <3

:cutie:

Yes! We're going back for our anniversary in February - it's the last time we'll get to go to WDW for a while, so I'm going all out on it! :thumbsup2

We aren't doing the Dining Plan then though b/c we don't really eat at counter-service restaurants and the Deluxe Dining Plan is not a good deal when you have the Disney Dining Experience card. I can't wait to go back to all the restaurants we went on our honeymoon!

I wonder if I could make this the pre-trip report for both trips? :confused:

:cutie:

Yes! We're going back for our anniversary in February - it's the last time we'll get to go to WDW for a while, so I'm going all out on it! :thumbsup2

We aren't doing the Dining Plan then though b/c we don't really eat at counter-service restaurants and the Deluxe Dining Plan is not a good deal when you have the Disney Dining Experience card. I can't wait to go back to all the restaurants we went on our honeymoon!

I wonder if I could make this the pre-trip report for both trips? :confused:

I would! and then when you put an entry in put something witty in/feb or /sept:thumbsup2

OK, on InkedUpMomma's advice, I've titled this post with the trip I'm referring to...

So last night when I found out I could book ADRs for our February anniversary trip, I freaked out and tried to plan our entire trip so I'd know which ones to make. The problem is, Tour Guide Mike hasn't come out with his advice for February yet, so I don't know which parks to do on which days AND we're thinking about adding 3 days to the front of the trip but haven't heard back from the woman we rent our DVC points from. So it's all in limbo.

I went ahead and made three different Le Cellier reservations (on three different days) - just because I could! :rotfl: Then I mentioned to the agent something about making my resort restaurant ressies later on and she was like "Well, those are booking up - I only have one 5:30 slot left at Artist Point on the day you mentioned!" so I freaked out and made that one too.

Argh!

I'm glad you like it! It is from this site I just discovered, Trashy Diva - they sell new stuff that looks vintage, which is fabulous because I can't find '40s and '50s vintage in shops anymore - it's all '70s and '80s...

http://www.trashydiva.com/site/indexNOW.html

Check it out!

Oh damn you and your Trashy Diva dresses!!!!! What a fantastic website. And the prices are more than reasonable. Your dress is truly exquisite but that halter dress is killer. I must make sure that I promptly forget that Trashy Diva exists.

And you're not kidding about the dearth of 40's & 50's vintage in shops. Even the vintage clothing shows don't come around these parts (NY) anymore. How's a girl supposed to find the perfect pair of spectator pumps? The ideal powder case?

About shoes- I got a pair of Keen Catalina's from reioutlet.com. The style is similar to the Chaco's and a bit too "hey, look at my feet!" for me but they are so comfortable that I ended up wearing them all summer whenever I didn't have to wear boots. Walk all day & not a blister to be found. You might want to check them out.

DUH! I've been wondering what those pink doohickeys are at the bottom of your siggie... and I just now clicked on them. :headache: I've been missing out!! What a fun report! You're so close to your trip!! Huzzah! :jumping1:

And now that I've joined the party, I thought I'd crash it with my token Google image that makes no sense, but makes me laugh. Hope it does the same for you!
hate_sandcastles.jpg
:rotfl:

And now that I've joined the party, I thought I'd crash it with my token Google image that makes no sense, but makes me laugh. Hope it does the same for you!
hate_sandcastles.jpg

That photo is hilarious! I just love angry baby photos. They just crack me up. Someone should put together an angry baby photo thread.

To bring this post back to the topic at hand, your trip - do you have a Nordstrom Rack near you? You were worrying about shoes recently, and I noticed that the Rack carries a lot of "performance footwear" like Keen's, Merrell and Privo. If you are still having a footwear dilemma it might be a place to check out.

I also wanted to shill for my trip report. :rolleyes1 Stop by if you want to read about two silly sisters in their thirties who took a very last minute vacation to Walt Disney World.

And you're not kidding about the dearth of 40's & 50's vintage in shops. Even the vintage clothing shows don't come around these parts (NY) anymore. How's a girl supposed to find the perfect pair of spectator pumps? The ideal powder case?

Yeah, and the last one of those shows I went to, everything was WAY overpriced.

Thank gawd for the Internets! If you can bring yourself to go back to Trashy Divas.com, their list of online retailers has a ton of "new vintage" sellers.

About shoes- I got a pair of Keen Catalina's from reioutlet.com. The style is similar to the Chaco's and a bit too "hey, look at my feet!" for me but they are so comfortable that I ended up wearing them all summer whenever I didn't have to wear boots. Walk all day & not a blister to be found. You might want to check them out.

You're not going to believe this, but I found a pair of those at my local REI that were marked down to $12 ...and I still didn't buy them! I really really wanted to - I love the color and, hello, $12!! But they were just too wide for me. :sad1: When I handed them to the salesguy to put back, his eyes nearly popped out when he saw the price, and he spent the next 15 minutes wandering around showing them to all his fellow salesguys (until one of them said, "Dude, why don't YOU just buy them?!") :rotfl2:

DUH! I've been wondering what those pink doohickeys are at the bottom of your siggie... and I just now clicked on them. :headache: I've been missing out!! What a fun report! You're so close to your trip!! Huzzah! :jumping1:

Hooray! You figured out my stealth link! :cutie: You always find the best pictures. I didn't realize there was an entire subgenre of angry baby phot0s, but I guess if they have one for wet cats.....

Wetcat2.jpg

To bring this post back to the topic at hand, your trip - do you have a Nordstrom Rack near you? You were worrying about shoes recently, and I noticed that the Rack carries a lot of "performance footwear" like Keen's, Merrell and Privo. If you are still having a footwear dilemma it might be a place to check out.

I also wanted to shill for my trip report. :rolleyes1 Stop by if you want to read about two silly sisters in their thirties who took a very last minute vacation to Walt Disney World.

Thanks for the link to your trippie - I will save it for my next "I'msoboredatworkIwanttoclawmyeyesout" moment, which should be soon! :lmao:

Re: Nordstrom Rack - normally I avoid ours because they charge two whole dollars to park, and then if you don't find anything, you're like "Dang, I wasted two whole dollars on THAT?!" But I am really starting to get into performance footwear, so I will consider the money an investment in comfortable feet. :upsidedow

You're not going to believe this, but I found a pair of those at my local REI that were marked down to $12 ...and I still didn't buy them! I really really wanted to - I love the color and, hello, $12!! But they were just too wide for me.
12$! Yet there is no saving the too wide sandal. Oh yeah, they're wide. Which makes it even more difficult for me to understand how I can find them so comfortable since I have these narrow, little chicken feet. I was wearing them everywhere, just waiting for the blisters or the heel pain to start but...nothin'.

he spent the next 15 minutes wandering around showing them to all his fellow salesguys (until one of them said, "Dude, why don't YOU just buy them?!") :rotfl2:
:lmao: Love it!

Since those demon Catalinas were so comfortable I also picked up a pair of Keen Newport H2s. I love these. They would be my best ever shoe except that the straps rub my right pinky toe which means that I have to keep that toe wrapped but aside from that the Newports are great for walking. Plus since the toes are covered it prevents sticks, gravel, dirt, etc from ending up inside of your shoe. And they're also water shoes so if they get rained on it's no big deal. Be warned, though Keen touts them as "fashionable" I don't know what fashion they're referring to. Boat-like, maybe? That ventilated clown shoe trend that all of the young kids are into these days? Who knows, but they're comfy (and come in an array of colors).

If the Newports are too hideous or don't work there's also the Venice with a different strap pattern but either flavor is pricey. But if they perform as advertised (and if my better half won't have to listen to me complain) it's money well spent.

I never thought that I'd find a time in my life when I would choose a shoe based on comfort rather than looks. I must finally be growing up (though I do wonder if they make an athletic stilletto?)

Be warned, though Keen touts them as "fashionable" I don't know what fashion they're referring to. Boat-like, maybe? That ventilated clown shoe trend that all of the young kids are into these days?

:rotfl2:

I tried those too, cuz I :lovestruc the turquoise and yellow ones! However, I think I just don't have the right feet for Keens (the same way I don't have the right hips - or lack thereof - for Banana Republic's pants) - my toes kept rubbing up against that darn toe guard. I love everything about Keens, but they don't love me....:sad1:

Here's hoping Chacos can save the day... and that 12 Days!!!! is enough time to break them in....

I'm mad at Tour Guide Mike. :mad:

You pay him all this money (OK, like $24) for his predictions of the best parks to go to on the best days so you can decide where you want to eat 180 days before you actually leave so you won't end up wandering from restaurant to restaurant being told they're full up when you actually get there.

However, it is well past 180 days before February (the actual 180 Day mark was Aug. 5) and he STILL hasn't published his charts of the least crowded parks. Meanwhile, ADRs are rapidly filling up as people figure out you can reserve now through Feb. 20 or whatever it is now..... :scared:

What's the point of paying for his service if it isn't provided in time for you to actually use it? :mad:

I don't see how tour guide mike is useful anyways to begin with (especially for 24.00!! ) But I would be really mad if I Paid for what he says he can do and then no posts.. write him an email.. a mean one!! wait wait no.. play nice, youll get better results!

Tour Guide Mike is good for if you want to avoid crowds and walk on all the rides. I think it might be harder to use his advice if you have kids and you let them set the day's pace... although he does have lots of good advice for touring with kids. I just know that the only reason it works so well for us is that we are maniac park commandos.

So.... this weekend I found out our DVC contact couldn't extend our February stay 3 days b/c all the places she tried (BWV, BCV and AKV) are sold out of studios Jan. 28-31. :sad1: I asked her to put us on the waitlist, but I feel bad because it means she'll have to keep checking to see if it has come through.

Then I thought to ask her to check if the Villas at Wilderness Lodge have availability at that time (apparently forgetting all about that part where I felt bad about bugging her to keep checking things for me! :upsidedow). Not our first choice, but we have been wanting to stay there. So fingers crossed that she has time to check and those come through.

In the meantime - not knowing which days we'd be doing which parks, or whether our trip would be 7 days or 10 days - I closed my eyes and pointed and made some ADRs. I won't bore you with them now, since they'll prolly all change.... What I really need to do is get together our touring plans for our trip in 12 Days!!! so you have something to read about! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter