You just graduated from college!! What's next? 5/13 - 5/21 THAT'S A WRAP!

Your dinner at Narcoossee's makes me very sad that we missed it last time. And almost unanimous perfect scores across the board, glad it was such a hit!

We've never eaten any meal at Captain's Grill, but it's seriously on my radar for our next trip in January. I usually prefer savoury breakfast foods but those pancakes look amazing!

I've never had any kind of pretzel at Disney and they both sound delicious! Your son's cronut is also calling my name ...

Enjoying your report! We'll be at WDW November 9-17, and we, too, were disappointed that LTT won't be open during that time. I'm hoping for some pixie dust and an early opening!

Yummy! Thank you for your great pictures!
I love the goodies you posted from the Norwegian Bakery, we will have to stop in there and get some treats.
Rice Cream, School Bread, Cream Puff, and the Cream Horn all look so yummy!

The sweet cream pretzel won the taste test for us as well. Not this most reason trip but in past trips. Not sure why we didn't try one this trip. Something else to look forward to in March!

CG breakfast buffet looks delish! WDW breakfast is my fav & those Kona pancakes are going to be what I try next since I've been lucky enough to try the Tonga Toast & Samoan. ;)

Wow this buffet looks delicious! In case we can't get into Cape May I won't complain. Great overview of the snacks!!

Yes, I went to Cape May for breakfast during my last trip and there seemed to be many similarities in the two breakfast buffets. So Captain's Grille would be a good and less expensive alternative. :thumbsup2

I love any kind of pretzel but the stuffed ones are my favorite! With 3 boys when we "share" that means mom gets one bite! :rotfl2:
I LOVE acapella, I would be been in my glory :cool1:

We loved Teppen Edo last trip, I hope you did as well, can't wait to hear about it!

Teppan Edo review coming right up! :thumbsup2

Love all the snack choices! I love the sweet cream pretzels myself...free ones taste even better!

Jill in CO

Ahhh yes, I will have to try the cream cheese one again to find out if it's just as good when you have to pay for it. ;)

I think it is a good thing you got a free one, though, since one pretzel for four people wouldn't be enough. ;)

Keep in mind we were about to have a big lunch at Teppan Edo. :laughing:

Loving all the snacks :)

Glad you enjoyed them! :thumbsup2

Hi Barb! I have to tell you that we went to Kona on Friday for breakfast and the pancakes are amazing! I cannot believe I have waited so long to try them. I thank you for posting about them all the time! I cannot wait to get them again, however I will only order one pancake next time.

After missing out on the Kona pancakes on this trip, I am determined to get there during my upcoming trip. I have never come close to finishing them though so I'm interested in knowing if you can order just one. :scratchin

Oh my! So many great updates are making me wish that I had another week to plan to be in WDW!

How exciting that you'll be back for F&W. :) Boardwalk seems to always be in our resort line up so nice choice there!

I was particularly interested in your BoG breakfast. I hadn't seen photos of all those selections yet. Andrew's choice looked particularly tasty.

I definitely need to get back to Narcoosees and try that almond crusted cheesecake. I associate that dessert with you from one of your earlier dining reviews! Glad to know that it is still as appealing as ever.

We ditched our Captain's Grille breakfast for the new Garden Grill character breakfast so I will miss that on our next trip. I'm a big fan of lemon curd but I'm not sure I like it on pancakes.... give me some on those scones at the GF Afternoon tea! Yum!

I've never had a stuffed pretzel at any park. The sweet cream cheese version duly noted as winning the taste challenge. How nice of the CM to make it an actual comparison by giving you the defective pretzel.

Hi Brenda! :wave2: I hadn't heard that GG was going to be serving breakfast until you mentioned this. Looks like it doesn't start until Nov. 8th though so a little too late for me. But maybe next trip?!?! ;)

And I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only one who has never had a WDW stuffed pretzel. Maybe you too can do a taste test of the two on your next trip and report back with your findings? ::yes::

I've never had any kind of pretzel at Disney and they both sound delicious! Your son's cronut is also calling my name ...

The stuffed pretzels and the cronut were both Disney World firsts for us. All were quite tasty! :thumbsup2

Enjoying your report! We'll be at WDW November 9-17, and we, too, were disappointed that LTT won't be open during that time. I'm hoping for some pixie dust and an early opening!

Oh man, soooo close! Wishing you good luck for an early opening. :goodvibes

Yummy! Thank you for your great pictures!
I love the goodies you posted from the Norwegian Bakery, we will have to stop in there and get some treats.
Rice Cream, School Bread, Cream Puff, and the Cream Horn all look so yummy!

It had been quite awhile since I'd been in the Norway bakery. I definitely need to return sometime when I'm hungry. :thumbsup2

The sweet cream pretzel won the taste test for us as well. Not this most reason trip but in past trips. Not sure why we didn't try one this trip. Something else to look forward to in March!

I have no idea why we waited so long to try these. :confused3 So much time wasted. :laughing:

CG breakfast buffet looks delish! WDW breakfast is my fav & those Kona pancakes are going to be what I try next since I've been lucky enough to try the Tonga Toast & Samoan. ;)

Unfortunately my breakfasts were pretty limited on this trip because of the kids. But my next trip will be solo again so bring on the breakfast!! ;)

Soon after our pretzel break, it was time to head to Japan...

For our lunch at...

Not long after checking in at the desk which is shared with the other Japanese restaurant, Tokyo Dining, we were seated at one of their tables for 8.

Since there were just 4 of us, we were joined at this table by another family of 3 (so we had one empty seat between us).

I was pretty confident that we were about to have a great lunch here, since I had dined at Teppan Edo during two of my last three trips to Disney World and each time it was among my trip favorites.

And one of my favorite things about Teppan Edo is that you are offered a small portion of grilled mushrooms to go along with your chosen entree...

However, none of my kids like mushrooms so I was looking forward to having their share too. ;)

But let's start from the beginning and take a look at the Teppan Edo menu...

Before choosing our entrees, the girls and I first ordered a specialty cocktail...

I had my usual sweet, fruity cocktail that I always get here...

Tokyo Sunset - Coconut rum, creme de banana, peach schnapps and pineapple juice - $9.50

This was again very good and as usual I rated it a 5. However, an interesting note is that this drink cost me only $9.00 when I last had it in October 2014.

Allison chose the Yokahama Sunrise with Coconut rum, white rum, orange juice, lime juice and grenadine. She rated this a 4. And Emily had the Yuzu Petal with Japanese Yuzu citrus juice, Sochu, orange curacao, cranberry and apple juice. She wasn't crazy about this and only gave it a 3.

Since we had just had our stuffed pretzel appetizers, we went straight to ordering our entrees and then our chef arrived and the show began.

He began by grilling the vegetables, and I was surprised to see him throw a big pile of cabbage and carrots onto the grill... :eek:

And the worst part...no mushrooms!! :sad2:

I was still hoping that the mushrooms would be a late addition to the grill though, so I turned my attention to the building of the onion volcano...

But then when the vegetables were all cooked and sliced and our chef piled on the noodles...

...I resigned myself to having a mushroom-less lunch. :sad1:

So what did we have besides noodles, onions, zucchini, cabbage, and carrots?

Emily and Andrew both got the Steak & Chicken Breast combo...

While Allison and I both ordered the Steak & Shrimp combo...

The steak is very good, but I love the grilled shrimp...

Our entrees were also served with rice and three dipping sauces...

I really like their Sukiyaki Beef Rice...

And the three sauces are all very good too...

A white, creamy seafood sauce (my favorite), Mustard sauce, and Ginger sauce

So we unanimously rated our entrees a 4, or Good. Normally I would have rated Teppan Edo's Steak & Shrimp entree a 5, but it was demoted to only a 4 this time due to the mushrooms being replaced by cabbage and carrots. To me the cabbage seemed like just cheap filler, one which I did not really enjoy. :(

After deciding to wait and get something for dessert elsewhere in World Showcase, I asked for the check. Though Teppan Edo does not accept Tables in Wonderland, they do give Annual Passholders a 10% discount on food and non-alcoholic beverages, but only during lunch time (which I believe is from 12:00 - 3:45).

We then went downstairs to the Mitsukoshi store so that Emily could once again attempt to find an oyster with the elusive black pearl, something which she has tried many times before.

She did the usual countdown from 3-2-1 in Japanese, as part of the "opening" ceremony for her selected oyster...

And though her oyster did not contain a black pearl, it did hold this very pretty silver blue one...

Which warranted the beating of the drum...

Emily was as happy as a clam! ;)

Next up: Dessert in France

Last edited:
Teppan Edo looks great! I need to see if they have a good gluten free menu for myself! And I also need to be sure they don't cook in peanut oil like many Asian restaurants do. But if it's safe for me, we may book that for our trip next year!

DH just asked me if we can go to Teppan Edo not on this upcoming trip, but the next one. We have always really enjoyed it but haven't been in a couple years. That is too bad about the mushrooms though, the current vegetables don't look very appetizing.

Ok, getting all caught up after my trip. How dare disney get in the way of my reading about disney food ; )
Pan-seared Georges Bank Day Boat Scallops with Trofie Pasta with Sultana Raisins, Marcona Almonds, Young String Beans, and Herb Creme with Grilled Wild Mushrooms, Lemon-Thyme-Mustard Jus, and Arugula
Line Caught Alaskan Halibut with Baby Potatoes, Spring Vegetables, Zellwood Corn Puree, Sea Beans, and Warm Tomato-Pickled Mustard Seed Vinaigrette
These both look so good. I almost ordered both of them on our last trip but settled on the pasta instead.

Almond-crusted Cheesecake with Lambert Cherry Sauce
But I did order this little beauty. Totally lived up to the hype.

efore giving my rating, I should first tell you that I'm not a big fan of lemon curd. It's okay by itself, better when combined with the blueberry compote. Consequently I rated the pancakes only a 4, but am pretty confident in saying that those of you who are lemon curd fans would probably give these a 5. As for me, I still prefer the Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes at Kona Cafe.
A 4 and you don't like lemon curd sounds pretty darn good to me. As a fan of anything lemon these sound right up my alley

After finishing my breakfast I noticed that the room where the breakfast buffet spread is located was not busy. I had some time to kill before meeting up with the kids at Epcot's International Gateway entrance so I checked with my server and he said it would be fine if I took photos of the buffet food. Therefore, I present to you some of the items which were offered at the Captain's Grille breakfast buffet.
Thanks for all the great pictures. The buffet looks great.

b1a3dd1f-d517-467b-990e-407781c6319c.jpg
party: Love, love, love the cronut

And so we got to try them both. :woohoo:Though the jalapeno cheese pretzel was quite good, we unanimously declared the sweet cream cheese pretzel the winner of the stuffed pretzel challenge. :thumbsup2
I've yet to try the jalapeño only because I can't tear myself away from the sweet cream one. Glad you all landed on that side ; )

So we unanimously rated our entrees a 4, or Good. Normally I would have rated Teppan Edo's Steak & Shrimp entree a 5, but it was demoted to only a 4 this time due to the mushrooms being replaced by cabbage and carrots. To me the cabbage seemed like just cheap filler, one which I did not really enjoy.
Sounds like a great lunch!

Sorry they no longer had the mushrooms, I am not a fan but if I were I would have been disappointed as well. We dined there in May for the first time and loved it. We will return in a few days. I agree their steaks are cooked quite well and I the show is super fun they put on.

We have never eaten at Teppan Edo because my family isn't much for Asian cuisine but it does look good. I am not a fan of mushrooms but that's unfortunate they didn't have them.

I really loved when I did pick a pearl. I got one of the cages at the store and sadly its really badly tarnished now. Maybe one day I'll get some silver cleaner but I'd be worried about getting some on the actual pearl because its such a small cage. The blue pearl is really spectacular!

After some shopping at the Mitsukoshi store and in Morocco, we found ourselves in France.

I offered to treat everyone to ice cream from L'Artisan des Glaces but much to my surprise only Allison took me up on it.

Here are a few things which we considered getting...

Strawberries and Cream or Chocolate Macaron Sandwiches

Hazelnut (left) and Coffee flavored Ice Cream

From left to right: Caramel Fleur de Sel, Mint-Chocolate Chip, and Coconut-White Chocolate

She wanted the coffee flavored ice cream, I wanted to try the Caramel. So we compromised and shared a single scoop of the Mint-Chocolate Chip...

It was very tasty, but I still want to try the Caramel sometime. ;)

So what's your favorite at L'Artisan des Glaces? :scratchin

Next up: My nephew's lunch at Via Napoli

During his July anniversary trip to Disney World, my nephew and his wife had lunch at Epcot's Via Napoli...

Being on the Deluxe Dining Plan, they each started with an appetizer. My nephew chose the...

Arancini - Fried Risotto Balls with Mozzarella and Meat Ragu

And a close-up shot...

His Comment: I thought the arancini was a symphony of texture!! (crispy, cheesy, and saucy)

For her appetizer, his wife had the...

Mozzrella Caprese - Vine-ripened Tomato and Fresh Milk Mozzarella

Her Comment: I enjoyed the caprese salad, the mozzarella was smooth and creamy.

Then they each chose a pizza for their entree...

My nephew went with the Carciofi...

White Pizza with Artichoke, Fontina, Mozzarella, and Truffle Oil

His Comment: I enjoyed the Carciofi, but the individual pizza is too big for one person. This could have easily been shared.

For her pizza, his DW chose the Capricciosa...

Capricciosa Pizza with Tomato Sauce, Eggplant, Artichokes, Ham, Mushrooms, and Mozzarella

Her Comment: I thought my pizza was very good but I enjoyed the white sauce on the Carciofi more.

Then for their desserts, my nephew went with the...

Gelato Frizzante - Ice Cream Soda "Italian Style" made with San Pellegrino's "Aranciata" and Vanilla Gelato

His Comment: I was very full by dessert time so I thought the cream soda was very refreshing.

And for her dessert, his wife chose the...

Zeppole di Caterina - Ricotta Cheese Fritters served with whipped cream and chocolate sauce

Her Comments: I thought this dessert was nothing to write home about. The fritters could have used more seasoning.

Next up: Our dinner at California Grill

The silver blue pearl is very pretty! I told my husband that on this next trip, I definitely want to pick a pearl, something I've never done in all our many Disney trips in the past. I'm definitely going to try the Gelato Frizzante that your nephew had at Via Napoli! Looks delicious and right up my alley. We're having dinner at Via Napoli on our first full day.

Oh no I'm distraught, Teppan Edo is one of my favourite restaurants and even though I hate mushrooms I hate cabbage more and were the other vegetables carrots, broccoli and green beans? :faint: yuck!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter