You just graduated from college!! What's next? 5/13 - 5/21 THAT'S A WRAP!

So Liberty Tree Tavern remains my favorite Magic Kingdom restaurant and is on my short list of must-do restaurants at Disney World. I am so very sad that it will still be closed during my next visit to the World. :sad:

When is your next trip sceduled ?

Your lunch at LTT looks delicious! We finally had it on our plans for this fall, but unfortunately it will be closed for our trip.

What do you mean you don't want the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake? :eek: :faint:

Andrew made a good choice by ordering the...

New England Pot Roast with Braised Beef in a Cabernet Wine and Mushroom Sauce, served with Mashed Potatoes and Garden Vegetables (carrots, celery, and onion)

He's not really into vegetables but he enjoyed the pot roast and mashed potatoes enough to rate this dish a 4.

I of course went with my usual Liberty Tree Tavern lunch entree...
Colony Salad with Grilled Chicken, Washington Apples, Sweet Pecans, Applewood-smoked Cheddar Cheese, and Craisins Dried Cranberries tossed with Field Greens in a Honey-Shallot Vinaigrette

I love everything about this salad! It is the perfect combination of sweet and savory. As always, it scored a 5 from me and two enthusiastic thumbs up! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Now those of you who have read my previous dining reports know that the other thing that I love about lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern is their Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. For me there is no other dessert on their menu that can compete with the Ooey Gooey. However, my daughters shockingly decided they wanted to try something else, so they ordered and shared the...
Fruit Crisp - Baked Seasonal Fruit (this was peach) topped with crisp Streusel and Vanilla Ice Cream
They both liked this and rated it a 4.

But I was not deterred by my mutinous daughters. With the help of my son I was still able to have my Ooey Gooey Cake and eat it too...

This dessert is a prime example of simplicity at its finest. Rich, buttery vanilla cake + semi-sweet chocolate and toffee pieces + a scoop of vanilla ice cream + caramel and chocolate sauces = SIMPLY DELICIOUS! :thumbsup2 I of course rated this a 5. My son wasn't quite as enamored with the Ooey, Gooey as I, but he gave it a solid 4. So overall an average of 4.5...take that Fruit Crisp! :laughing:

So Liberty Tree Tavern remains my favorite Magic Kingdom restaurant and is on my short list of must-do restaurants at Disney World. I am so very sad that it will still be closed during my next visit to the World. :sad:
Next up: Our Best Ever Dinner at Narcoossee's

I almost couldn't bear to read this particular meal's review.......as LTT will be closed when we are there in less than 1 month. But I put my big girl panties on and soldiered through.......sigh. I can almost taste that Ooey Goey Toffee Cake. I mean it's the best dessert ever of any place ever. I agree with your ds on the Pot Roast. That is my go-to but I'm intrigued by your salad.

Can we talk about BOG cupcakes for a second? I indicated that I would for sure be getting your beloved strawberry cupcake at our lunch next month.....but today I put in my online order and I panicked and ordered the chocolate cupcake with grey stuff. I love the grey stuff. I got nervous.......is the strawberry cupcake really the best ever? Maybe I should try it so I can make an informed comparison? Maybe I should get both? lol! I actually planned to order both but made the mistake of asking dh what he wanted for dessert.....I should have just ordered for him. Alas, he had an opinion and it wasn't the same as mine :rolleyes1
:rolleyes1

I love the BOG reviews, and am glad to hear about the strawberry cupcake! I ordered it for my meal, and was kind of worried, but I don't actually like chocolate cake that much so it seemed like a better choice.

The toffee cake does look delicious, but I'm pretty partial to a fruit cobbler too, it would be hard to decide! I'm going to have to hope LTT is open for lunch when we go in January since that salad looks amazing.

And wow, a best ever dinner at Narcoosee's - sounds awesome! Can't wait to read more :)

I, too, had a hard time reading this one as LTT was closed during our trip. Love the Ooey Gooey. Hopefully in March!

What kind of children are you raising? Fruit crisp and a 4 for the most wonderful dessert in all the world. Scandalous ; )

So sad we are going to miss it too. That just means double reservervations on the next trip ; )

I'm w/ you on loving LTT I love the declaration salad & OGTC!! Whatever I get in between those 2 things doesn't really matter. :D Also-that strawberry cupcake does look ridonkulous! :cloud9:

I haven't been yet if you can believe it! I really wish it wasn't closed when we go in a few weeks. We have a reservation for Tony's instead.

Your LTT lunch was what I'd wanted for YEARS and I finally got it when we went in May. It totally lived up to the hype and we'll be back!

Oh, how LTT looks so delicious! I haven't done lunch yet, which means I haven't tried Ooey Gooey Perfection yet. Bummed it'll be closed my trip, too. I loved dinner there, so would probably enjoy lunch, too. You make me want the Colony Salad each time you visit here.

Breakfast looks very good. I contemplated waiting for breakfast ADRs for our trip but decided to just go with dinner at BoG. I have never had a pre opening ADR for MK but have for AK and we loved it. The empty park is great especially for pictures.

@Vernie822, not sure if this helps you, also, but the BOG reservation I mentioned here with Barb is probably going to be canceled. It's for 8:10 during our dates. PM me if you're interested in seeing if we can coordinate you grabbing it!

Last edited:
Oh, how LTT looks so delicious! I haven't done lunch yet, which means I haven't tried Ooey Gooey Perfection yet. Bummed it'll be closed my trip, too. I loved dinner there, so would probably enjoy lunch, too. You make me want the Colony Salad each time you visit here.

@Vernie822, not sure if this helps you, but the BOG reservation I mentioned here with Barb is probably going to be canceled. It's for 8:10 during our dates. PM me if you're interested in seeing if we can coordinate you grabbing it!
Thanks for the offer but the day I would use it for is the day we run the 5K and I don't know if we would be back in time for 8:10. The other MK day I have we already have breakfast at 1900 park fare.

I am so disappointed that LTT will be closed when we are there. It is one of the few places that all my family enjoys. :sad1:

LTT is going to be closed on our next trip too :( I had a hard time deciding what to do for our only full MK day so I chose Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner and I'm still trying to get a BOG lunch ressie. If I can't get one then I've decided to try the spicy chicken waffle sandwich from Sleepy Hollow.

Great reviews! My favorite also is the Colony Salad and the ooey gooey toffee cake. I think it's one of the best desserts I've ever eaten.

Oh so glad I found your report! You are eating at a lot of places on our maybe list and the reviews are so helpful! Love the photos!

Ooh that ooey gooey toffee cake looks amazing. I was disappointed to see that Liberty Tree Tavern is closed for our trip in November, because I want to try that cake SO badly!

Yes, unless your trip is planned for late November, it seems that your next visit will be ooey gooeyless too. But that's a perfect excuse to return to WDW after it reopens. :thumbsup2

Looks pretty good. Another place I've never been. It will be interesting to see if anything has changed since the refurb.

Oh, I certainly hope not. :worried:

When is your next trip sceduled ?

Hi Gisele! :wave2: My next trip is Oct. 23 - Nov. 3. Hopefully you have a trip scheduled at that time???

Your lunch at LTT looks delicious! We finally had it on our plans for this fall, but unfortunately it will be closed for our trip.

A good reason to schedule another trip sometime after it reopens! ;)

I almost couldn't bear to read this particular meal's review.......as LTT will be closed when we are there in less than 1 month. But I put my big girl panties on and soldiered through.......sigh. I can almost taste that Ooey Goey Toffee Cake. I mean it's the best dessert ever of any place ever. I agree with your ds on the Pot Roast. That is my go-to but I'm intrigued by your salad.

Can we talk about BOG cupcakes for a second? I indicated that I would for sure be getting your beloved strawberry cupcake at our lunch next month.....but today I put in my online order and I panicked and ordered the chocolate cupcake with grey stuff. I love the grey stuff. I got nervous.......is the strawberry cupcake really the best ever? Maybe I should try it so I can make an informed comparison? Maybe I should get both? lol! I actually planned to order both but made the mistake of asking dh what he wanted for dessert.....I should have just ordered for him. Alas, he had an opinion and it wasn't the same as mine :rolleyes1
:rolleyes1

While I love the strawberry cupcake, I can't really compare it to the grey stuff one because I've actually never had one of those yet. So my vote is for you to try both and then come back to let me know which one you think is better. ::yes::

I love the BOG reviews, and am glad to hear about the strawberry cupcake! I ordered it for my meal, and was kind of worried, but I don't actually like chocolate cake that much so it seemed like a better choice.

The toffee cake does look delicious, but I'm pretty partial to a fruit cobbler too, it would be hard to decide! I'm going to have to hope LTT is open for lunch when we go in January since that salad looks amazing.

And wow, a best ever dinner at Narcoosee's - sounds awesome! Can't wait to read more :)

I think you should be good to go for LTT in January. Hope you enjoy the salad! :thumbsup2

I, too, had a hard time reading this one as LTT was closed during our trip. Love the Ooey Gooey. Hopefully in March!

If it's not open by March then all of us Ooey Gooey fans need to get together and stage a riot! ;)

What kind of children are you raising? Fruit crisp and a 4 for the most wonderful dessert in all the world. Scandalous ; )

So sad we are going to miss it too. That just means double reservervations on the next trip ; )

Oh, double reservations next trip...sounds like a good plan to me! :thumbsup2

I'm w/ you on loving LTT I love the declaration salad & OGTC!! Whatever I get in between those 2 things doesn't really matter. :D Also-that strawberry cupcake does look ridonkulous! :cloud9:

Ridonkulous...I like that! :laughing:

I haven't been yet if you can believe it! I really wish it wasn't closed when we go in a few weeks. We have a reservation for Tony's instead.

Wow, I'm shocked. :eek: But anyway, I'm considering Tony's too for next trip. I'm between Tony's and Be our Guest for lunch on my MK day.

Your LTT lunch was what I'd wanted for YEARS and I finally got it when we went in May. It totally lived up to the hype and we'll be back!

Hi Jillian! Glad to hear you enjoyed the Colony and Ooey Gooey. :thumbsup2

You know, I've actually not done dinner there since 2006 when it was a character meal. I never understood why that was discontinued. The characters were so cute in their colonial attire.

I am so disappointed that LTT will be closed when we are there. It is one of the few places that all my family enjoys. :sad1:

I totally understand. My family of 5 rarely ever agrees on restaurants, so when you finally find a winner it is a must do! :thumbsup2

LTT is going to be closed on our next trip too :( I had a hard time deciding what to do for our only full MK day so I chose Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner and I'm still trying to get a BOG lunch ressie. If I can't get one then I've decided to try the spicy chicken waffle sandwich from Sleepy Hollow.

I was actually considering the GFC for dinner too. And either BOG or Tony's for lunch. What to do, what to do?? :scratchin

Hi Barb, great foodies Tr('s), I am following them all at the same time :laughing:
Yum

Thanks for following along! :goodvibes

Great reviews! My favorite also is the Colony Salad and the ooey gooey toffee cake. I think it's one of the best desserts I've ever eaten.

The Ooey Gooey cake is definitely among my WDW favorite desserts. Stay tuned for the next review for another one of my favorites. :thumbsup2

Oh so glad I found your report! You are eating at a lot of places on our maybe list and the reviews are so helpful! Love the photos!

I'm glad you found me! Thanks so much for reading! :goodvibes

She picked Narcoossee's and I'm so glad she did! :thumbsup2

When planning for this trip, I allowed the kids to each choose one signature restaurant at which to dine. Now Allison is a meticulous planner (even more than me :eek:), so after looking over the online menus very carefully she chose...

Prior to the last visit to Narcoossee's my feelings regarding this restaurant were lukewarm, with the exception of their signature almond cheesecake, which I love. But then came my dinner there in October of last year, which was good enough to convince me that I had undervalued this restaurant. Therefore when Allison chose Narcoossee's, I was very optimistic about our chances of having a good dinner there.

So let's begin with looking at Narcoossee's menu on May 17th, starting with the Soups and Salads...

And followed by the Appetizers...

I again told the kids that we would be ordering dessert, so consequently we skipped the Soups, Salads, and Appetizers and went straight to the Entrees...

Allison quickly spotted the entree that had influenced her decision to choose Narcoossee's (luckily it was still on their menu :thumbsup2)...

Pan-seared Georges Bank Day Boat Scallops with Trofie Pasta with Sultana Raisins, Marcona Almonds, Young String Beans, and Herb Creme with Grilled Wild Mushrooms, Lemon-Thyme-Mustard Jus, and Arugula

She really enjoyed her entree and gave it a rating of 5.

Emily also rated her entree choice a 5...

Grilled Filet Mignon served with Boniato-Idaho Creamed Potatoes, Pero Farms Green and Yellow Wax Beans, Ramp Butter, and Herbed Cabernet-Oxtail Reduction

She paired her entree with a cocktail, which she also rated a 5...

Blue “Glow-tini” - Skyy Infusions Citrus Vodka, Bols Peach Schnapps, Bols Blue Curacao, and Pineapple Juice with a Sugared Rim and a souvenir Glow Cube

I was very tempted to order the Shrimp & Pasta entree, which was very similar to what I had had and really enjoyed here last time. But I resisted the urge and instead tried something different...

Line Caught Alaskan Halibut with Baby Potatoes, Spring Vegetables, Zellwood Corn Puree, Sea Beans, and Warm Tomato-Pickled Mustard Seed Vinaigrette

This was excellent and I actually enjoyed it even more than I had the Shrimp & Pasta dish. Like the girls, I also rated my entree a 5.

Unfortunately our run of perfect scores came to an end though with my son's entree...

Snake River Farms Kurobuta Pork Rib Chop with Creamy White Polenta with Wyngaard Gouda, Golden and Green Cauliflower, Pickled Garlic, and Florida Peach Preserve

But although he didn't rate this a 5, he did like it and gave it a 4.

After our entrees, it was time to go outside to the deck for WISHES...

After enjoying the fireworks we returned inside to order dessert...

I of course ordered the cheesecake and Allison shared it with me...

Almond-crusted Cheesecake with Lambert Cherry Sauce

Like Liberty Tree's Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake, Narcoossee's cheesecake is one of my favorite WDW desserts. As always, it was delicious and worthy of its score of 5. :cloud9:

As for the other two, neither of them like nuts so the almond covered cheesecake was a no go. They instead shared this dessert...

Plant City Strawberry Shortcake - Strawberries and Cream with Vanilla Genoise (an Italian sponge cake) and Wild Strawberry Sauce

They both really liked it and gave it a rating of 5.

So a dinner which I was expecting to be good ended up surpassing my expectations and being great with nearly all perfect scores of 5.
Best meal we have ever had there! Well done, Narcoossee's. Bravo!
:worship:

Next up: My nephew's dinner at Narcoossee's

So glad you enjoyed your meal at Narcoossee's. We've eaten there before and had great food and exceptional service. I also agree that the almond crusted cheesecake is the best desert on property. It ranks slightly higher than the fried wontons from Yak & Yeti.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter