You just lost 80 pounds! What are you Going to do next? Ending TR

I'm with you on TOT. I like it, I think it's fun, but I'm absolutely terrified going in and will only ride it once or twice (only to do day and night time rides) per trip. It is the one ride that TRULY terrifies me and I scream for real, rather than just for fun between giggles like I do on rollercoasters :rotfl2:

Lana!! :goodvibes
Exactly! That's exactly how I feel about ToT. :laughing:
Although, I will warn you....I'm a scream/laugher on rollercoasters.
My poor kids think I've lost my dang mind when on a rollercoaster. :laughing: And if I'm in a single rider line I always warn the person I'm with that I'm a pretty loud scream/laugher while on the ride. :rotfl: Usually no one is paying attention because there are plenty of others who are the same way. :rotfl2:

Lana!! :goodvibes
Exactly! That's exactly how I feel about ToT. :laughing:
Although, I will warn you....I'm a scream/laugher on rollercoasters.
My poor kids think I've lost my dang mind when on a rollercoaster. :laughing: And if I'm in a single rider line I always warn the person I'm with that I'm a pretty loud scream/laugher while on the ride. :rotfl: Usually no one is paying attention because there are plenty of others who are the same way. :rotfl2:

On rollercoasters I break out in fits of giggles the whole way around. I'll throw in a scream now and then for good measure, but I'm definitely more of a giggler than a screamer :rotfl2:

I love your blingy shirt! Very appropriate for a HS day!

You gave up coffee? :faint: The thought of that makes me very, very sleepy!

Cute ToT picture! There is always something to be distracted by on Tot. Last trip I had some woman next to me who looked liked she was in serious pain. So distracting and funny at the same time!

Chocolate squares of lies! :rotfl:

Thanks for the update:goodvibes

I have to admit I have become more of a morning person since starting our move 2 yrs ago. Well, I wake up early but I don't enjoy it, so I don't know if that counts. :rotfl2: And please don't talk to me before I've had coffee. I guess it helps me get moving for work.:goodvibes

Chocolate squares of lies :rotfl: Sounds like some of the Kashi -boxes of cardboard.

I am with Mackie about TOT. I have actually enjoyed it a couple of times, because I was laughing at someone else screaming. :p But I don't look forward to it - in fact I dread it horribly So I have decided I will be perfectly happy to stand by the stroller of one of the grands. When Jim and I go alone, I go with him to keep him company. So the moral of the story is - always bring a grandbaby with you! ;)

Looks like you are enjoying your ride in the pic, anyway. Too bad it was ruined by the immature individual in the front.

As I asked the girls what they thought of their steaks, they both looked at one another and I could tell they weren't happy. They neither one had their steaks come as they ordered it and they weren't even hot.

Now, I think I've said this before and I think it bears repeating, I'm a stickler when it comes to my food arriving hot. Food always tastes best when it's hot to start, I know this from being a waitress and I know this because that's how my Mom and I both liked our food. In theory it's better to have it start out hot so by the time you are about done eating it's not completely cold. Sounds logical, right? :rolleyes:

The one time I have eaten at Be Our Guest, our fries came to the table cold. We didn't say anything, but it definitely made an impact on my overall feeling about the place. The building itself is so well-done, so I am glad I ate there, but it's not anything I feel the need to rush back to.

She laughed and said just be sure not to jerk her arm that had the phone camera in it. Maroo had heard that if you are doing a video of the ride experience, they seem to do it up extra special for you.
Boy she wasn't kidding!! OMGoodness!! :rotfl2: I don't think I've ever had that much of an experience on ToT before. I know it's supposed to be random, but that thing was above and beyond!! :faint:

All my ToT pictures have me with the camera up to my face.

Looks like everyone on that elevator is doing pretty well except for the little fella on the back row. Too bad the guy on the front row wasn't more thoughtful of others who might not appreciate his gestures.

So nice of that guy to think of himself as #1. You're really not having a lot of luck with pictures this trip -- first it was that girl photobombing every Photopass picture, and now this. :sad2:

I'm not going to lie. We like to crazy things when we take pictures but I would never do something as stupid as flipping off the camera. Why do people like that have to ruin it for everybody? :sad2:

I missed the total love fest going on here before your last update! Throwing in my love, support, and best wishes for your encouragement with your goals. KEEP that 80lb banner up! It is a testament to your success and an milestone marker for where you've been and where you will be/are again. :thumbsup2 :hug:

There's something special about being at WDW that even your sleep patterns magically transform and you can be up and at 'em so early. It's a good thing though since the mornings are typically so glorious! (Spoken from a morning person of course!) I know you said you don't drink coffee (ick, I don't either but I love the smell of coffee) but do you drink tea?

Chocolate squares of lies sound a little better than cocoa puffs of tasteless nothingness. I applaud your effort to keep it healthy! :worship:

You're looking fabulous in that DHS photo with Mackenzie!! :thumbsup2

Your ToT photo (Em would have agreed with Mackie that it meant Tower of Torture 8 years ago) reminded me of the first time Em saw someone throw up the middle finger when she was 5. She started to imitate that gesture in the car of all places. We had to explain to her that it was a very rude gesture that we don't do. She wanted to know why... and can she use her other hand? Nooooo! Goodness.

Deal! And of course I'll do that for you! :)
Don't be disheartened, I want you to know that when we start out our body holds onto the weight for a bit, it's a natural reaction to our all of a sudden change. It's a protective thing, and after about a month or so it starts to budge, it's slow but it is there. And don't be discouraged about not seeing the scale move, you are for sure losing inches when you don't see the scale moving. I'm sorry to say once we are 40 it just doesn't come off like it did before, but there are ways around it, consistency with exercise and eating is the key.
Eating, believe it or not, is truly 85% of our success as well. There is so much bad stuff in our food these days that we have a really hard time shedding the weight, and then we think it's us and our lack of will power, but it's simply not the true. If you are eating anything processed try and minimize it for a couple of months along with sugar and see what happens.
I think you'll feel better and see the changes you are wanting to see.
Although, I can't imagine you have much to change, it might feel like it, but I honestly think your changes will come with consistency before long. I know it feels like it takes forever but once it starts you have to maintain the consistency and you'll be right where you want to be in no time. ::yes::

When I was losing consistently, I ate a lot of lean protein and a lot of low glycemic fruits and lots of veggies, no sugar and almost nothing processed, and certainly nothing with fake sweeteners-they make you want to eat or drink more of what you are eating/drinking . I know that's not easy for a lot of people, but trust me when I say it makes a big difference in how I feel when I eat that way. If you don't feel you can give anything up just start out slow and release the things you know you can do without to start with, and then add one thing at a time as you feel you are ready.
PM me if you want to talk more about this. I don't really know what you are or aren't doing so please don't be upset by my suggesting things. I truly want to help you get where you are going if I can. :goodvibes If nothing else I want you to be encouraged, there is more than one way to skin a cat, so to speak. In other words, you'll lose the weight. :goodvibes
Thank you, I think you're right. I think part of my trouble was the fake sweeteners, I've tried to cut them out and I am noticing I feel much less hungry. I still use a little bit of raw sugar in my tea but I'm working on taking it down to none. I stopped dieting all together and just went back to eating healthy, little or no bread, pasta, sugar, corn, potatoes, bananas, rice or treats. I've already noticed a small difference. Slow and steady will have to be my mantra.
:hug:

I love your blingy shirt! Very appropriate for a HS day!

Thank you, Mary Ellen. :goodvibes I love a good blingy shirt every now and then. I'm Texas, but I'm not Texas bling all the time. :rotfl: Well, I guess that's not true since I usually have some sort of bling on my flip flops all the time. :rolleyes: I'm so Texas that I don't even see my bling anymore! :rotfl2:

You gave up coffee? :faint: The thought of that makes me very, very sleepy!

I sure did, :crazy2: many moons ago. Right along with the cancer sticks, thank the Lord. I knew if I had one I'd want the other, being such sister drugs and all. :scared: It was not a very fun house around here for a little while.

Cute ToT picture! There is always something to be distracted by on Tot. Last trip I had some woman next to me who looked liked she was in serious pain. So distracting and funny at the same time!

Chocolate squares of lies! :rotfl:

Thanks for the update:goodvibes

I'm always concerned I'm going to be the distraction, I can't help but out a little "Oh crap, were here."(in a really high pitched voice) as soon as I smell the outside, that smell tells me it's a matter of a second or two before we're about to be dropped. It's gotten a big laugh a couple of times, followed by everyone screaming of course. :rotfl2:

Poor Mackie, but I love that she could at least laugh about it and come up with something funny. :upsidedow

Thank you for reading! :thumbsup2

I have to admit I have become more of a morning person since starting our move 2 yrs ago. Well, I wake up early but I don't enjoy it, so I don't know if that counts. :rotfl2: And please don't talk to me before I've had coffee. I guess it helps me get moving for work.:goodvibes

I hear ya, it use to get me moving in the morning. Now I my energy with my shake and lemon water, no joke. I don't know how but it gets me going. :confused3

Chocolate squares of lies :rotfl: Sounds like some of the Kashi -boxes of cardboard.

Nope, I we actually like the Kashi stuff for the most part, but this was some brand I'm not familiar with. :confused3 :laughing:

I am with Mackie about TOT. I have actually enjoyed it a couple of times, because I was laughing at someone else screaming. :p But I don't look forward to it - in fact I dread it horribly So I have decided I will be perfectly happy to stand by the stroller of one of the grands. When Jim and I go alone, I go with him to keep him company. So the moral of the story is - always bring a grandbaby with you! ;)

A grandchild, huh? I don't think that will go over so well with my kids. :rotfl:

Looks like you are enjoying your ride in the pic, anyway. Too bad it was ruined by the immature individual in the front.

I know, I'm so sorry. I honestly didn't see it until after I post it. It wasn't until the next day that I thought about there being a feature on PB to blank it out. :sad2: Some people. I could have even put a lady bug over it. :rotfl: "Oh look a perch for my lady bug!" ;)

I know, I'm so sorry. I honestly didn't see it until after I post it. It wasn't until the next day that I thought about there being a feature on PB to blank it out. :sad2: Some people. I could have even put a lady bug over it. :rotfl: "Oh look a perch for my lady bug!" ;)[/QUOTE]

:lmao:

The one time I have eaten at Be Our Guest, our fries came to the table cold. We didn't say anything, but it definitely made an impact on my overall feeling about the place. The building itself is so well-done, so I am glad I ate there, but it's not anything I feel the need to rush back to.

It certainly does make an impression, doesn't it. :rolleyes: I do strongly suggest you go back for lunch though, it's much better and you can enjoy all three rooms if you like. :goodvibes

All my ToT pictures have me with the camera up to my face.

MeMom, why am I not surprised. :rotfl: Always behind the camera and never in front. I use to be the exact same way, and then I realized my kiddos weren't going to have any pictures of me. :guilty:
Everyone loves you MeMom, you are a lot more well known around here than you might think. People genuinely love the dickens out of you and want to see your beautiful face as well as reading about your amazing, Texas sized heart. ::yes:: :hug:

Looks like everyone on that elevator is doing pretty well except for the little fella on the back row. Too bad the guy on the front row wasn't more thoughtful of others who might not appreciate his gestures.

The little guy actually did pretty good, I was surprised, he couldn't have been more than 4. As for the little boy in the front row, I apologize. :sad2: I honestly didn't see this until the picture was bigger, hopefully it's better now. :thumbsup2

So nice of that guy to think of himself as #1. You're really not having a lot of luck with pictures this trip -- first it was that girl photobombing every Photopass picture, and now this. :sad2:

:rotfl2: Tell me about it!! And little did I know this silly picture had Mr. #1 in it until after I post it. I changed it, I should have put the ladybug on it instead. :laughing:

I'm not going to lie. We like to crazy things when we take pictures but I would never do something as stupid as flipping off the camera. Why do people like that have to ruin it for everybody? :sad2:

I think some people just don't get that it's not that funny. He was pretty sly about it too, the CM didn't catch it and neither did I until I post it here. When you look at it smaller you really don't catch it. :rolleyes: But I fixed it. :goodvibes

I missed the total love fest going on here before your last update! Throwing in my love, support, and best wishes for your encouragement with your goals. KEEP that 80lb banner up! It is a testament to your success and an milestone marker for where you've been and where you will be/are again. :thumbsup2 :hug:

Thank you friend. :hug: It's amazing what an encouraging word can do for someone. It truly keeps me going. :)

There's something special about being at WDW that even your sleep patterns magically transform and you can be up and at 'em so early. It's a good thing though since the mornings are typically so glorious! (Spoken from a morning person of course!) I know you said you don't drink coffee (ick, I don't either but I love the smell of coffee) but do you drink tea?

That's what it is!! Magic! pixiedust: Why hadn't I figured that out before?!? :laughing: And yes, the mornings there are beyond beautiful, I loved walking around that first morning a bit. If it hadn't been so chilly I would have done it longer.
Looove the smell of coffee, but I also love the taste too, the bad part for me is that I want all the cream and sugar to go with it. :rolleyes:
Although now, I could probably drink it with just the cream and be happy with it. For me, I felt so out of control of my emotions over stupid caffeine, it just seemed so silly to me to be addicted to something that had such a hold over how nice or not nice I was to my family at times. I didn't like that in me, so I gave it up. And nope I'm not a tea drinker either. Once I gave up coffee and soda's (years later-2007 about six months before our first WDW trip) I gave up caffeine all together. My husband on the other hand, he's a diet soda drinker and I hate it. 1) because I hate how bad it is for him and 2) I hate the mood swings when he's in need of his next fix, he becomes Mr. Grumpy Gills.

Chocolate squares of lies sound a little better than cocoa puffs of tasteless nothingness. I applaud your effort to keep it healthy! :worship:

Thank you! :goodvibes We mom's have to stick together.

You're looking fabulous in that DHS photo with Mackenzie!! :thumbsup2

:blush:

Your ToT photo (Em would have agreed with Mackie that it meant Tower of Torture 8 years ago) reminded me of the first time Em saw someone throw up the middle finger when she was 5. She started to imitate that gesture in the car of all places. We had to explain to her that it was a very rude gesture that we don't do. She wanted to know why... and can she use her other hand? Nooooo! Goodness.

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: OMGosh, Brenda!! I literally choked on my water while reading this. Tyler is yelling down to me to see if I'm okay. :rotfl:
I'll have to tell you about his first time cussing. :laughing:

Thank you, I think you're right. I think part of my trouble was the fake sweeteners, I've tried to cut them out and I am noticing I feel much less hungry. I still use a little bit of raw sugar in my tea but I'm working on taking it down to none. I stopped dieting all together and just went back to eating healthy, little or no bread, pasta, sugar, corn, potatoes, bananas, rice or treats. I've already noticed a small difference. Slow and steady will have to be my mantra.
:hug:

Just take it one thing at a time and only move on to the next as you are ready. :thumbsup2 You'll get there.
I think I averaged a week or two for each new thing I was anxious to take on, and when I learned more I did more. I think it was because I'm so aware as to how things make me feel.
I don't like not having control over what is happening to my body, and yes, I realize there are things we won't have control over as we get older, but there are sure a lot of things I can have control over now. ::yes::

continued from last post....

I know, can you believe it?!? I actually got a update in before an entire month was out!

It was our DHS day......

Maroo and I were just coming off ToT and about to meet up again with Mackenzie.
I'm pretty sure Mackie found a cinnamon roll with her name on it down at Starring Rolls. :goodvibes We text her to let her know to meet us, she ended up meeting us half way up Sunset Blvd. I know we took some pictures there with the car, but I think Mary has them on her phone.

I have to apologize to y'all because I've forgotten a lot of what went on until I started reporting here about it.
I totally forgot upon getting to DHS we had to make a mad run to get to TSM and get some fast passes. We decided we should ride it right away since the line was as short as it was ever going to be that day.:eek: That line fills up fast!!
It was fun finally being able to ride TSM!! I had never actually ridden it before and this was finally it!! :goodvibes
Mackie and Mary rode it together and I rode it by myself. I had a blast! That's a really fun game/ride. All I know is that I came off of there wide awake and felt I certainly had a workout. :laughing: I was ready to do it again!!

That's when we made our way back up Mickey Ave. to partake in One Man's Dream....

I love this place, there is something so magical about it, I actually tear up every time I walk in there. A lot like how you feel when you walk into Disneyland for the first time.
In DL and One Man's Dream you get a true sense of what Walt's dreams were and how much he believed in his vision and how much of himself he poured into making not only his dreams come true but our dreams too.
Dreams we didn't even know we could have until we discovered parts of ourselves in each one of his movies and the parks for the first time. <happy sigh> :cloud9:

These are some of my favorite pictures of him (the second one is my all time favorite)....

As we made our way through we enjoyed the air conditioning and all the little details. I know everyone's seen this a million times, but I so love this room...

Has anyone ever tried to count all the ashtrays? :laughing: There are a few! Awww, the glamorous, Hollywood days, where everyone smoked dawling (and looked beautiful while doing it I might add) and no one thought anything of it. <cough-cough-hack-hack> :smokin:

We were bound for greater things (like riding ToT :rolleyes:) and then ran into these guys....

And then it happened again, only this time there was nothing veiled about it, unlike with the cute Italian guy at Via Napoli's....

:rotfl:

Mackie giggled but I'm not sure she knew what he was doing at first until I said he's asking for you to marry him. :laughing: I think she was slightly embarrassed, but thought it was pretty cute.
My daughters first real marriage proposal. I'll have to use this in her wedding rehearsal video, I'll have to be sure to let her future husband know his proposal wasn't the first, second or shoot, even her third! :rotfl: <the third to be revealed later :goodvibes>

I know this post was longer on photos that it was on words, but here is where I will leave it. Thank you for reading and I hope everyone is blessed. ::yes::

Yay! An EOFY post! (Ie End Of Financial Year - in Australia our financial year is July 1 to June 30, so we're all getting ready for all the fun of tax time :crazy2: and retailers are all having their EOFY sales in preparation for their stocktakes.)

I have only TSM once at DLR, and I was REALLY bad at it :rotfl: It was fun though, and I hope to ride it again in 2 months time :goodvibes It's the same deal at DLR, the line builds up fast and you have to be one of the first there to minimise the wait. There are no FPs either. Between that and RSR, it's going to be an interesting morning :rotfl:

I haven't seen One Man's Dream, so I appreciate you putting up all the photos. I love how much I can feel Walt's prescence at DL, and always tear up listening to his dedication speech. We're going to do the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour for my birthday and will get to visit his apartment! Can't wait!

It's so funny when the characters do stuff like that. When we visited HKDL on our anniversary, Koda tried to run away with me and challenged DH to a duel :lmao: You definitely need to bring all those proposals out for Mackie's engagement video :thumbsup2

Yay for an EOM update! :banana::banana::banana:
I love OMD, too. I have that 2nd photo in a print. I love it too. I always like to wonder what he was thinking - was he pinching himself that it was finally built, planning WDW or thinking about how to buy the strawberry farm across the way to build a parking lot :rotfl2:(done only a couple of years ago because the owner would not sell as long as he was alive)

Mackie's proposal - too cute! that will be perfect at her wedding! you look fabulous in that shirt, BTW.

Girl, if I didn't have pictures to fall back on, I'd never remember all of the stuff that we did while in Disney so don't feel bad. Heck now that I think about it...what did I do yesterday? :lmao:

Awww, your not-so-little girl is being proposed to! Love it!

That is such a cute picture! Adorable! I love it! :goodvibes

I am also a fan of OMD. I try to visit it almost every trip. It's such a wonderful place and its perfect for paying homage to the man who started it all! (and the mouse who started it all, too!)

Trying to get caught up everywhere.

YAY for a DHS day!!!

The guy in the front row... :sad2:
Too bad Mackie didn't want to do ToT.

Always a great workout on TSMM and too funny about the Army men and the proposal.

Yay! An EOFY post! (Ie End Of Financial Year - in Australia our financial year is July 1 to June 30, so we're all getting ready for all the fun of tax time :crazy2: and retailers are all having their EOFY sales in preparation for their stocktakes.)

Yuck! That's April 15th here. Not fun for everyone. :rolleyes2

I have only TSM once at DLR, and I was REALLY bad at it :rotfl: It was fun though, and I hope to ride it again in 2 months time :goodvibes It's the same deal at DLR, the line builds up fast and you have to be one of the first there to minimise the wait. There are no FPs either. Between that and RSR, it's going to be an interesting morning :rotfl:

They really should have FP for it. And don't worry, I don't think I was very good at it either. But I had a great time. :goodvibes

I haven't seen One Man's Dream, so I appreciate you putting up all the photos. I love how much I can feel Walt's prescence at DL, and always tear up listening to his dedication speech. We're going to do the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour for my birthday and will get to visit his apartment! Can't wait!

Awww, that's a great tribute to his memory! And yes, I know exactly what you mean when you hear his voice in DL and tear up. It's really is magical in a way that you don't get in FL, it's magical too, but it's just different. Hard to explain unless you've been there.

It's so funny when the characters do stuff like that. When we visited HKDL on our anniversary, Koda tried to run away with me and challenged DH to a duel :lmao: You definitely need to bring all those proposals out for Mackie's engagement video :thumbsup2

That sounds like fun! :laughing: And I certainly will, she'll probably get a kick out of it. :goodvibes

Yay for an EOM update! :banana::banana::banana:
I love OMD, too. I have that 2nd photo in a print. I love it too. I always like to wonder what he was thinking - was he pinching himself that it was finally built, planning WDW or thinking about how to buy the strawberry farm across the way to build a parking lot :rotfl2:(done only a couple of years ago because the owner would not sell as long as he was alive)

He was such a perfectionist, I wonder too what he was thinking. Was he thinking how perfect everything looked and was, or was he dreaming and excited about all the amazing things he would be adding to the park in the future?? Maybe he was coming up with another amazing story idea?
It would be fun to find out what he was really thinking, maybe something really mundane like, 'I hope they stocked the popcorn carts.' :rotfl:

Mackie's proposal - too cute! that will be perfect at her wedding! you look fabulous in that shirt, BTW.

It really was cute. I think people will get a laugh out of it. Or, it will fall flat on it's face and only Mackie and I will laugh. :rotfl:

Thank you for the compliment. :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter