You knew this was coming.....

Kelsie

DIS Veteran
I typed this long post about how I quit and can't make it...but I deleted it. You have all been so supportive but, I am out of control again and I can't seem to get it back this time. :(

I'm sorry....

Kelsie-

Repeat after me "It doesn't matter what I've DONE, What matters is what I do next!!!!"

You can do this. Some days will be better than others. Some weeks will be better than others. We can only take it ONE meal at a time.

Hang in there!

Onward and downward!!!!!

My friend you can do this!!!!! It will be tough. Maybe seem inmpossible but you can do it. Just take it day by day and meal by meal!! That is all anyone asks of you!!!! If you need anything pm me e-mail call, anything just ask me!!!! This is the hardest thing you may ever have to do but you Can do it!!!!! Youo are an extremely caring, hard working and strong individual!!! You CAN DO THIS!!!!

ok Kelsie, you have brought us all together and inspired us all the way. how can we help you? what is getting you down? what is not working for you? tell us more so we can help you figure out a plan that works for you!!!

are you feeling deprived? bored with food choices? tired of exercising? frustrated? cravings out of control??

more info please, I want to help!

I'm so sorry to hear this Kelsie! It is so sad that you are having another 'down' moment. But look back over the past month and you've had so many more 'highs' than 'lows'. If you didn't make this commitment ---- I wonder where you would be now? You have accomplished so much in such a short amount of time! WISH is family - and I consider you our 'leader'. We've all been there at one time or another Kelsie. You are just human. I'd tell you to move forward and not look back ---- but it honestly doesn't sound to me like you are ready for that yet. So how about one more day Kelsie. One more day ---- but it has to be a 'guilt free experience'. Allow yourself one more day of a free for all and then commit to giving yourself one full week of program. Then take it from there and move forward without looking back on this downfall.

I know you decided to make this a 'short' post about your downfall. But, I would really like to see you come back and post a longer description of exactly what you did to feel this horrible. Write it all down Kelsie and don't leave anything out. Maybe having it in writing to look back on will help you to move forward when you are ready.

I really find journalling every day on my WISH journal to be so helpful. I have not cheated even once since you started the journal page for us Kelsie! It helps so much for me to be accountable for every morsal to my WISH friends. I've thought about eating something I know I shouldn't but then I had a second thought ----- if I eat that then everyone on WISH will know. It was enough to make me put the 'forbidden food' down and walk away! Thank you so much for giving us a place to Journal Kelsie!

YOU CAN DO IT KELSIE! You can move forward again! I'll have you in my thoughts tonite --- hoping for a brighter tomorrow for YOU!
sz025.gif

Yes, Kelsie, tell us what kind of obstacles you're facing and let us try to help you figure out a way around them. We're here for you, sweetie! :) Don't you quit on us!!

Kelsie:

I JUST came back to the WISH board and I was going to post a thread about why I was gone for a while. I lost that initial 10 pounds then went totally OFF my diet. I could've typed your exact words, about how I was out of control and could NOT get back on the diet. Then after about a month I felt that I could get back on. It's been about 3 weeks now and I've lost another 5 pounds, in addition to the original 10. Yes, I did gain a few back but I took them off, got back to where I was, and went on from there. HUGS to you. You CAN get back, when you are ready to!!!

Kelsie, you CAN do it. You know you can. We know you can.

I'm new to this board, but I can see how supportive you've been to everyone. Now I want to support you! What can I do?

I know how hard it is to "fall off" and believe me I just want to go eat another couple of chocolates even as I write this. I really do lack motivation. But then I come here and I realize that I owe this to myself and to eveyone else here as well.

So you've gone a little out of wack. You CAN get back in. I know it. Think of all the success you've had and pick yourself up, wipe yourself off and start all over again.

If you ever need to talk...just PM me.

What? What did I know was coming? You quitting???? Never!!! Kelsie, sweetie, that would be the LAST thought that would cross my mind!!!!

Listen, no matter WHAT plan you decide to be on, you are a wonderful woman who IS making choices to stay healthy. Period! Atkins, Weight Watchers, watching your daily caloric intake, eating anything you want and exercising alot, making sure you drink your water every day, whatever sounds like a healthy plan to you is what is important!!!!!

I don't think we could call anyone around here a quitter. What is quitting? Quitting would be dying, I think, because as long as we wake up alive, we have SOME kind of spark inside us that wants us to make it through the day.

While it has been great to lose weight and have all this support, I'd say the biggest change I've made that I really love is the fact that I am feeling happy with my life and myself!!!! WISH has given me the feeling that I can do ANYTHING I want, and that has been missing in my life for a long time.

If you get anything from this board, it should be the message that you are a worthy, wonderful, human being. That you deserve the best. That it is more important to put yourself and your health first above anything else. If you lose weight and feel better about yourself in the process, so be it. This isn't a race and it's not something we'll ever "finish". It's about making choices that make us feel good about who we are!!!!!

You just hang in there. I know you to be a very generous, caring, kind, loving, GIVING person. I know that giving people can sometimes spread themselves too thin and give too much. That is when you need to step back and give to yourself the most!

Don't do anything that makes you feel bad about the eating choices you make. DO feel good for making healthy choices at all. Find some balance. Be kind to yourself. Be forgiving. This isn't an all or nothing deal. :)

Sending you loads of hugs!

First let me give you some {{hugs}} ... now on to the tough love portion of my post! ;)

YOU CAN'T GIVE UP!!!! I certainly understand how you are feeling but I also know that you are stronger than those negative feelings!!! You just can't "quit". Maybe you need to do a few maintenance weeks to get your positive energy back. Maybe you need to look into a new plan. Maybe you just need to spend more time here soaking up all of the support that is here daily. Think about why you feel like quitting. Journal your feelings...get it all out. Then try to look back objectively and see if you can find what your major obstacles are and then try to plan mini-attacks on them. It can be too much to try to beat every obstacle so just take them one at a time and before you know it you will have been far more successful than you ever dreamed. :)

{{hugs}}

:confused:

Kelsie, sweetie, come here. Sit down here (patting chair). We need to talk.

Look at you- you've lost OVER 20 POUNDS in the past 3 months. Gone forever. You look marvelous. Feels pretty good, too, no?

And you've helped inspire your friends to lose a combined (oh, where is that thread... let's see... oh, yes, here we are...) over 850 pounds.

Now, what shall we talk about? First let's sit and enjoy this lovely, relaxing warm breeze. Aren't the flowers lovely today? Maybe we should head out for a pedicure later, or some other really decadent and relaxing bit of pampering at the spa. How does that sound?

Oh, yes, what were you saying? Something about giving up? Giving up what - some of the stress in your life? GREAT IDEA! Giving up beating yourself up anytime you have an off-program meal? GREAT IDEA! Giving up feeling guilty when you don't do as much exercise as you planned to? GREAT IDEA! Giving up automatically heading to the kitchen to drown your frustrations in Oreos when the stress level rises? GREAT IDEA!

Kelsie, you are such a brilliant friend, and you have the best ideas! Giving up - who would have expected it!?

Okay- I'm giving up, too! I'll give up (what... let's see... my worst worry...) I'll give up STRESSING OVER THE UNDONE HOUSEWORK!

Oh my goodness- I'm feeling the weight lifting already! Putting the dusty blinds in perspective! Nobody else seems to mind that the blinds are dusty, so why do I let it bother me? Okay- I won't worry about them. I'll relax and focus on the more important and rewarding aspects of life. Like playing Trouble with DS, rubbing the dog's belly, and reading trashy novels in bed. I might even have a glass of wine while I do those things!

Why don't we all GIVE UP something that's troubling us. Kelsie, thank you for another marvelous idea.:D

Kelsie,

This weight loss stuff is hard, and sometimes is just downright sucks rocks! It is something that is hard to keep with, and I can relate, as I am sure everyone here on WISH can. You are not a failure! Why are you saying you are sorry? You have not let us down! You are human and no one expects you to be perfect. You are a wonderful, special person and you have lost an amazing 20lbs! So what can we do to help you out? What do you need from us? We'll move mountains for you if we can!! Try not to think about what you have or have not eaten in the recent past, and maybe just move forward. Do you think that Atkins is right for you? If you are having a hard time sticking with it, maybe there is another weight loss plan that might work better for you right now. There is no right or wrong way to do this Kels...it's just a matter of finding a way that is right for you, and I think it's okay if that changes over time. One thing I know is that you can't quit! I know I don't know you very well, but you aren't a quitter. Here's a hug to follow Becka's: ((((((((Kelsie)))))))).

Linda

Kelsie....if you quit than I am quitting....can you live with that????? Me either...now lets try to take a deep breath and get throught whatever difficulity you are having together. You are such an important part of these boards...and we need you. If you can't stay on track for your weight loss program...thats OKAY with me...but you cannot QUIT. Get through with what you are going through and know that we are here for you unconditionally. {{{{{hugs}}}}}..........

Tracy

There once was a lady called Kelsie,
Who thought that she might be a quitter,
The WISH team said "FLITTER!!!"
She's our AWESOME PINCH HITTER!!
And we couldn't be losers widdouder!!

There sweetie- feeling better? The great thing about trials is that they're there to test you and to encourage others. WE ALL will have these moments- sure it's hard to see that when you see all these losers posting losses- and I'm sure 95% of us post losses but only about 15% of us probably post gains- it's the 15% of those that are brave enough to do that that keep the other 85% inspired and feeling like they are welcome and encouraged here. So we're all going to have these times- but pull from our hearts and our strength and realize tomorrow is another day- go out there and plough that field, plant that cotton, weed that field, and reap what you sow!! Scarlett O'Hara did it- so can you!! And we're all in that field with ya honey- let's go grow some cotton!!
Love ya!
Tara

Most people who really know me will tell you that I do for others and never for myself. I am my worst enemy and have never had a high self esteem. I do realize this. Sometimes things just become overwhelming and I lose it. I am harded on myself than anyone could ever be. :(

WHY, can't I stick to this?? What happens to send me over?? I wish I knew but, when it happens I feel so defeated that I want to destroy all I've worked for. Believe me, it's a pattern I've been through for years.

I really thought this time was different, I really thought I had it handled.

I am sitting her crying as I read all of the wonderful and funny words all of you have written. You are all the best and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Kelsie,

I held off adding my feelings to this, so that I could try to collect my thoughts, and not ramble on.

You are right, you DO always look out for others over and above yourself. This is a very loving trait, but one which causes you to overlook the fact that those who truly love you, want you to have the best of everything. When you do something for yourself, you make the ones who care most for you ecstatic!

I have gone through a lot of this with you, and I have tried to always show you how wonderful you are to everyone around you, and I have tried desperately to make you treat yourself the way you deserve. You have a heart the size of the Moon, and a spirit that cannot be extinguished by faltering. You can make it through this, and anything else that life tosses at you!

This time IS different Kelsie, I have felt the joy in your words when you are exulting over the triumphs, and these moments can CRUSH the downs, if you just look back and see how far you have come, what a wonderful journey you have led others on, and what a great feeling it is when you allow yourself to see the great strides you make!!

I am sorry if I rambled on after saying I would not...............but you are worth rambling ANY DAY Kelsie!!!

((((HUGS))))

*insert a warm glowing feeling icon here

I believe in you Kelsie!!!!

Kelsie,
There is nothing I can say that has not been said by the WISHers who have posted. I do just want you to think of this...How can anyone who has brought so many people together, has built a place where we are all striving to be healthier ever think she is a failure. Look at what you have built and all those you have affected with your idea. No one who has helped so many could ever be antyhing but a winner.You can not quit my friend....

{{{HUGS}}}

Kelsie, you are not alone.

I feel such a connection with everyone here because I have been there many times. Why would people LIKE US, with so much to offer the world, be hell bent on destroying themselves?

You are doing yourself a favor by choosing to live a healthier lifestyle.

I look at people who have lost a TREMENDOUS amount of weight, but don't see that accomplishment for what it is (still focused on the "faults" or what is left to lose) or people who have some type of career or involvement in exercise, but who can't make the commitment to themselves to stay on track or stay healthy. I look at someone like myself, who is almost at her goal, but still carries around the image or feeling of the heavier person she used to be. It's so much easier for me to tell YOU that you have come far, that you are worthy, that you can do it, but it's not so easy to tell myself the same thing.

That's why it's important for you to realize you can do it, even if you don't do it by a certain date. YOU ARE WORTHY! Just like you would tell each one of us to give ourselves the attention and time we need to get healthy, you need to do the same for yourself.

I have known you for years now, and I know you have had lots to deal with that most people don't have to deal with in a lifetime. BUT Kelsie, please, take this time to TAKE CARE OF YOU!!!!!!!!!

Love, karen :) xo

Kelsie, I need you to keep trying & be an inspiration. I am an Atkins newbie, please don't quit!!!!!:(

Tomorrow will be a good day, I know you can do it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter