You know you've spoiled your children when?

mama03

DIS Veteran
We have owned at dvc since '99. We always have stayed in a 2 bedroom villa because we have such large family. This past summer we decided to go and spend just 3 days at disney before the kids went back to school. Since it was last minute we only reserved a studio. Well when we got to our room our kids were like "man what is this, its sooo small". oh hum, needless to say am I really raising ungrateful kids aahhh!!! Just curious if things like this happen to others :) :earboy2:

How old are your kids, I'm thinking that perhaps if they are young they never realized there was something other then a 2 bedroom.

I myself don't have that problem with my children, however my DH is a pill. He's a one bedroom snob and will not even look at a studio. LOL

How many people did you squeeze into that studio anyway??? LOL! We own other T/Ss, so we are usually in a 2 bedroom unit (we have 4 kids) on the occassion that we stay in regular hotel rooms/suites mine complain about the size, mini kitchen, and worst of all ONE bathroom!!

Mary Anne said:
however my DH is a pill. He's a one bedroom snob and will not even look at a studio. LOL
The fact that one knows what one likes does not make one a snob... :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, we've suffered through that "where is my bedroom" routine. :teeth:

Once they are calmed down and accept the fact we are all sleepoing in the same room, they go off to look for that BIG bathtub. :rotfl:

Mary Anne said:
How old are your kids, I'm thinking that perhaps if they are young they never realized there was something other then a 2 bedroom.

I myself don't have that problem with my children, however my DH is a pill. He's a one bedroom snob and will not even look at a studio. LOL

Your DH and my DH must be related,
He likes to spread out and would never book anything less than a 1 bedroom.
I have become a snob myself and find it hard to stay in a MOTEL 6.

I think managing expectations is important. Let them know well in advance what type of accomodations they will be staying in so there are no surprises. That's what we do when we have 5 stay in a studio. :smooth:

Personally, I don't plan on exposing my DS's to a 2 BR, let alone a 1 BR...think it'd be difficult to readjust to a studio. On 2nd thought, perhaps it'd be the way to convince my DH to add on ;) .

My youngest is lobbying to stay @ the new Nick kid suites Holiday Inn. Seems like they advertise it every commercial break on Nick. He's figured out we'll usually need somewhere to stay during the "expensive" weekends. Not sure if he's spoiled or crafty.

We have done a 1 bedroom a few times, but found we can make due with a studio and go for longer. However when we stayed at a normal non disney hotel a while back (in Michigan not Disney) my DD who was 3 years old then was like "where is the kicten?" Yes we have spoiled her. And ourselves. No mater where else we stay it isn't anywhere near as nice and we always hold it to DVC or WDW standards. What were we expecting?

I agree DVC does spoil you, we spent a week in a Radisson Hotel in California to visit DisneyLand. It was called a "Suite" room. Small LR area, and dry kitchen area (microwave, coffee maker, small sink, fridge) and then the "bedroom" area - two DOUBLE beds. Far too small for 2 adults and two almost adult children. We truly missed our DVC.

We're spoiled rotten and I fully admit it. I'm as bad as our 3 dds. We were in a 5 star resort in HI with two incredibly beautiful ocean view rooms, and I was missing my washer/dryer :earboy2:

We've pretty much figured out that for family trips we're going to have to stay in timeshares. Regular hotel rooms, no matter how nice, just don't cut it for week long trips.

Last year we moved on the weekend from Saratoga Springs to Pop Century. We are a family of 8(6 children under 10) so we got two rooms. I think the bathrooms were the major shock factor for my kids. Those bathrooms are pretty darn small compared to the bathrooms in a 2 bedroom. I know that we all can't stay in a 1 bedroom or a studio, but we are considering adding on, so that when everyone is bigger we can stay at the grand villa's.

are spoiled when you say "we will go to Spain this year" and they reply "why what's there?"
We have never holidayed as a family in Europe.
My daughter (14) said last week her friends have beeen to more places in Ireland than she has.

llp479 said:
We're spoiled rotten and I fully admit it. I'm as bad as our 3 dds. We were in a 5 star resort in HI with two incredibly beautiful ocean view rooms, and I was missing my washer/dryer :earboy2:

We've pretty much figured out that for family trips we're going to have to stay in timeshares. Regular hotel rooms, no matter how nice, just don't cut it for week long trips.
Many hotels are offering suite options. Embassy Suites is nice as an example. We just stayed in Marriott Suites in Atlanta, very nice, and very reasonably priced for the midtown area, $109? Indoor out door pool, balconey, separate bath and shower, separete bedroom/living room, two TVs, nice desk area, wetbar, it was well done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter