Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Annual Passes

Votes: 73 42.7%
  • Some form of old FastPass system

Votes: 80 46.8%
  • Dinning Plan

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Because to me that's lipstick on a pig. I refuse to be one of those people who applauds getting back something that belonged to me all along.
to me this means reservations are down and they are starting to advertise again as they know they are seeing less traffic coming. I’d bet new dining plans are soon.

Obviously, I'm the only one here whose family played this game at 10:00am every day of every trip. "Left at the light or straight?" when we arrived at the stoplight at DVC Way and BC Pkwy.
If we didn't have any in-park dining reservations that day, our game was hop on the first park bus that shows up, as long as it wasn't the same park two days in a row.

Last edited:
If we didn't have any in-park dining reservations that day, our game was hop on the first park bus that shows up, as long as it wasn't the same park two days in a row.
I'm just "hopping in" to say I love that game!

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely free fastpasses. Genie+ is a disaster on every possible level, and I bitterly resent having to pay to be able to ride even 3 things without standing in massive lines. Paying for rides has made me resent Disney big-time.

I don't even care if the FP+ is free or if they charge for it, it was just a much better system overall than Genie+and I hope they eventually see that.

I don't even care if the FP+ is free or if they charge for it, it was just a much better system overall than Genie+and I hope they eventually see that.
I agree with this 100%. I liked seeing a list of available times, being able to use it more than once per ride, and not having to wake up at 7am on vacation to book a single ride.

What I didn’t like about fast passes was the package I was forced to have where I didn’t get to choose each ride (This may have changed in the years leading up to the pandemic as it has been several years since we had been due to financial concerns).

If I wanted to ride Haunted Mansion they would force me to also get passes for two other rides I may or may not want to ride and which may have been various times in the day. If I didn’t use all three I couldn’t get an additional pass.

I also didn’t like the 60 days out booking of rides.

At least with Genie+ I am picking my 4-5 rides individually.

Both have good and bad points. I wish they would actually just go back to formula and try again.

It was nice that everyone had access to fast pass without an added fee. It was an equalizer for all guests.

What I didn’t like about fast passes was the package I was forced to have where I didn’t get to choose each ride (This may have changed in the years leading up to the pandemic as it has been several years since we had been due to financial concerns).

If I wanted to ride Haunted Mansion they would force me to also get passes for two other rides I may or may not want to ride and which may have been various times in the day. If I didn’t use all three I couldn’t get an additional pass.

I also didn’t like the 60 days out booking of rides.

At least with Genie+ I am picking my 4-5 rides individually.

Both have good and bad points. I wish they would actually just go back to formula and try again.

It was nice that everyone had access to fast pass without an added fee. It was an equalizer for all guests.
I liked the 60 day out booking, you could make table service dining reservations, then plan your fastpass times around that. We paid for Genie plus, then all the ride times that popped up were when we were scheduled for dining. When I refused them, those rides did not pop up again for the rest of the day.

I liked the 60 day out booking, you could make table service dining reservations, then plan your fastpass times around that. We paid for Genie plus, then all the ride times that popped up were when we were scheduled for dining. When I refused them, those rides did not pop up again for the rest of the day.
That is a good point!

That's what makes me mad at G+. They had all the code for FP+, why not reuse that? When you looked for FP+ you were presented with multiple time options. You could get the earliest one (so you had a better chance for another one) or one that worked better around other plans.
G+ is full of all those small and big downgrade from the FP+ era.
At least now one can modify a reservation without cancelling it first. That was a crime against humanity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter