YOU pick the week we go

WIcruizer

DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>I'm a man that wo
We're debating two different times for our next WDW trip. Traditionally, we always went sometime between Jan-May, although not during spring break. So we're used to the parks being less crowded. This time we need to go either 4/4/04- 4/11/04 or summer.

Is this week right in the middle of the spring break season? We would rather go then, but not if it's way too busy.

Easter is April 11th, and that is one of the busiest weeks at WDW. On the other hand, it's HOT in the summer!. How about Thanksgiving week, or right after school gets out in December?

I myself would choose summer - summer crowds have never bothered me, but I am wary about going the week before a holiday. Since The April dates you provided were the week before Easter, it may be pretty packed in the parks.

I vote summer!!

Yes, right after school gets out in Dec is an option, but then you're running into Christmas which is also very busy. Plus, I don't think we'll be ready to go by then.

I hate standing in line in the Summer... and I hate the crowds. I think that the week before Easter might be ok, just not the Easter weekend. As far as not being ready... I think last minute trips are fun, too!

I've read that the week before Easter is the 2nd busiest week at WDW. There are a lot of times in the summer when crowds aren't too bad--beginning of June and end of August. That's because many parts of the country are in schools at this time. Yes it is hot. I would think June would be better than August. One nice thing about the summer is almost all the attractions are open and running fully staffed.

I went only ONCE in August and I will never do that again!! It was the end of August, felt like 150 degrees, humidity was unbearable, the lines were 1-2 hours long (although this was b4 fastpass) and was miserable (as miserable as you can be in such a wonderful place). The up side... I lost 6 lbs in a week!!

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

If you don't think you would be ready to go in dec. (my favorite time to go) then how about sept of 04?
The first time that i went to WDW with my husband was in sept
and i don't think it was really that bad, just a little(90ish) warm.

Any way when ever you decide to go just remember to have fun.
Isn't that what it is really all about? :)
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I would suggest going very early in the summer if at all possible. The crowds really don't pick up til mid/end of June. The week in April you had is definetly not the best possible time to go since it's reight before Easter which spells BIG crowds:rolleyes: If you have late August open that is also a really good time to go when most students have already begun school again. December is a good time as well.

Definitley Early June!!!!!

We went one year the first week of June. It was hot, but not July and August kind of hot. More than one cast member told us that we were beating the heavy summer crowds by coming before Mid-June. We had a great time! The only ride we waited for was the Jungle Cruise. Most lines were 20 minutes and under.

On the other hand, my co-worker went on Spring Break and he said never again! He said the parks were so crowded that his family did not get to fully enjoy the parks. He plans to take them back during a less crowded time.

I would pick early June. It was very manageable both times we went. THis year, we went in June, and it was much more crowded. I would go again the first or second week of June!

Sounds like 1st week of June is the winner. Thank you all! Just to further explain our situation (assuming anyone cares...lol), my DW is going to be teaching K-6 beginning in Sept.

In the past we had the luxory of going whenever we wanted, we would just pull our kids out of school in March..May..whenever. Also, we live in the frozen north, so a big part of a WDW is leaving months of terrible weather behind and traveling to Orlando. Now that we'll probably go in June, we'll be giving up that part...but it's still WDW!

Finally, December won't work for a variety of reasons this year. Just a lot going on which I won't get into. When I said not "ready" I didn't use the best choice of words.

We went in LATE August one year and it was hot, but there were NO crowds. We also went in January around MLK Day and it was warm and empty! As for April, Iwould avoid it, but then who am I to say that......we are going 12/27 this year!!!! Am I nuts?!?:earseek: Whenever you go...ENJOY!

The title of this thread got me to click in, but it is not what I thought it would be, but it got me thinking....

If you are someone who has plenty of trips and we getting ready to go again don't you think it would be fun to post 1 poll each day close it the next and start another one. And use these to determine your entire trip.

At which MK restaurant should we eat dinner on Monday? Then put a half dozen of them or so in a poll. Close it the next day and which ever one is in front goes in your itinerary. Then each day do another one, Which resort, Which entree? Even things like which park for which day, which water park etc...

I'm Sorry I know it's off topic but I'm bored and it might be fun. Kind of like an All DisBoard itinerary. Then post a trip report and see how OUR trip went.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter