You win some you booze some, a HOT August 2017 dining report! complete 1/25*

Wow! Narcoosees sounds amazing this time. May have to give it another shot, especially for that cheesecake. I'm glad ALL your boys loved their meals and that you branched out and enjoyed the "new" shrimp dish. Sounds like a fantastic meal!

Your meal looked awesome! I've been trying to get to Narcoossees for dinner since forever, but it never seems to fit into our plans. My boyfriend has been before and he wasn't wowed so he's been dragging his feet when I suggest we go there. One day I'll get to try it out. That filet looked amazing I'd definitely be ordering that if I ever get to go.

As for Big Brother I watch that show, its great! I definitely think Paul is going to win it all, I'd be shocked if he didn't. It's amazed me how this season all the guys in showmances have been throwing 500,000 away for a girl they only just met.

I too am a HUGE Narcoossees fan. We have had brunch there once and dinner too many times to count and have never had a bad experience...Everything from service to food is top notch in my opinion. I had the cheese plate back in July and found it to be one of my favorites on property. I'm sad we won't be dining there in November, but I'm really looking forward to Citricos...:D

Steve got his new favorite drink, a Moscow Mule:

Matt's favorite, too

butter topped with pink sea salt

food of the gods, really

Steve's Dark Skies app was saying rain coming soon

Also Matt's preferred weather app, but I don't like it. I have like 5 b/c I am obsessed with weather tracking.

Swordfish with...........veggies:

img_6506-jpg.266057

this looks amazing!

Looks like another homerun meal for you at Narcoossee's (so many double letters in that name, goodness!). Those desserts are both so beautiful. I think I need both!

Your meal looks delicious and when we go I would like
img_6505-jpg.266058

and for dessert

img_6519-jpg.266063

Glad you all enjoyed Narcoossee

Last edited:

Yum your review has made me want to try Narcoossees sometime in the future!

Note to my women friends who like wearing skirts/dresses to signatures: hold your hem when you go out on Narcoossee's deck if it's breezy, unless you want to treat your fellow diners who might be looking out at the deck through the many, many windows to a little extra pixie dust
Noted! :rotfl:

man, Steve made out good tonight
Sheesh, I guess so!

Great review, everything looked amazing but especially that dessert, yum! :thumbsup2

Your entire Narcoossee's meal looks incredible! I need to find a way to sneak that in to my next trip. That pasta dish is haunting my dreams!

You look absolutely stunning in that little black dress. It's so cute and looks wonderful on you. And your boys are so handsome too. What a nice family you have. I keep thinking I will go back to Narcoossee, but we just never do. I read a so-so review earlier today, which had made me think I don't want to go back. Now your review makes me want to have that shrimp pasta. Unlike you, I could live off of shrimp. Absolutely love it. That looks like a little bowl of Heaven for me. Keep the food reports coming.

Wow, that dinner looks and sounds amazing!

Good evening everyone! So who's watching Big Brother? (besides @Whit64130 )? So glad Jason didn't use the veto last night to put Kevin up. I didn't like Kevin at first but his Boston accented-seemingly love of family-almost NY attitude have won me over.

Mike and I are big BB fans, too! I kind of go back and forth about Kevin. At first I didn't like him, then I thought he was a sweet, funny old guy, then I heard he was kind of hitting on/flirting with Christmas and I didn't like him again, but then I heard that his wife is a Neonatal ICU nurse, so I kind of like him…ack! I'm so conflicted! Either way, I think he'll be gone very soon…sorry :guilty:

I'm hoping either he or my favorite from last year, Paul, take home the win this year.

I like Paul, too. And honestly, he's the ONLY one really playing the game so I totally think he deserves to win. I also liked Jason, but then I heard he was making some not so nice jokes about women and I don't like him again. I don't get the live feeds but I kind of read about them on a Facebook site. The show on tv is waaayyy different from what is actually happening! Do you watch the live feeds?

We attempted to take a new Minnie Van over to the Grand Floridian

:love::love::love:

So gray SUV over to the GF it was!

:sad::sad::sad:

Chris tries to act cool but does love his Mickey straws:

Hard to look cool when you're drinking from a Mickey straw :rotfl2:

Artisan Romaine Wedge Salad: Romaine Wedge with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette, Herbed Mascarpone, Tomato, Avocado, and Parmesan

THAT looks amazing! I love salad :lovestruc

Note to my women friends who like wearing skirts/dresses to signatures: hold your hem when you go out on Narcoossee's deck if it's breezy, unless you want to treat your fellow diners who might be looking out at the deck through the many, many windows to a little extra pixie dust pixiedust:

:rotfl: At least you got your picture!

Wild Caught Shrimp and Garganelli Pasta: Spinach, Oven-roasted tomatoes, Basil Pistou, Cheese, and Chardonnay-Garlic Cream. I had seen this in I believe Kari's @kastoney's dining report once and it looked and sounded SO good, except for the shrimp. Then I realized I didn't HAVE to eat the shrimp...............so that's what I did! I passed that off to Steve and Chris - man, Steve made out good tonight - and I enjoyed the pasta, spinach, tomatoes, and the creamy, creamy cream sauce :cloud9:

That looks yummy!

the Almond-Crusted Cheesecake!

You can see Ricky's dessert in the background, he got the Strawberry Shortcake:

Both of these look delicious…I would have a hard time choosing!

but I made everyone pause for pics on the way back:

Y'all look so nice!

Good evening everyone! So who's watching Big Brother? (besides @Whit64130 )? So glad Jason didn't use the veto last night to put Kevin up. I didn't like Kevin at first but his Boston accented-seemingly love of family-almost NY attitude have won me over. I'm hoping either he or my favorite from last year, Paul, take home the win this year.
And if you're NOT watching BB you have no idea what I'm talking about and don't care, so let's move on to something we're all interested in: FOOD!
Not watching, but used to love this show. Sadly between the kid and work I had to give up like 90% of the TV I used to watch, so I"ll just have to live vicariously through you. Though in the category of what I still watch if you need any Housewives tidbits just let me know :-)

img_6455-jpg.265847

Since we were staying at the Yacht Club we could take one as at that time, you could only call one from YC and BC. However we didn't realize that once on the Lyft site, you had to have a CM do some little magic thingy and get you "in" to the actual Minnie Van ordering part of the site. So gray SUV over to the GF it was!
Only Disney could make using a new ride system they are trying to hype difficult. So when it is in full deployment will it work through Lyft????

Chris tries to act cool but does love his Mickey straws:

img_6496-jpg.265839

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
img_6498-jpg.265841

He had this for the first time on our May trip at the Victoria Falls lounge at Jambo House and hasn't looked back. He's been making them at home every night too and orders them wherever we go if it's on the menu :thumbsup2
Oh Steve and I are gonna get along so well. Love me a mule. In fact I may have had a few just last weekend! :drinking1

And I went with my old favorite wine, a Moscato D'Asti:

img_6499-jpg.265842
I'm sure you've seen this before, since I am always behind on everything figured, but just in case saw this online the other day and of course thought of you!
560.jpg

His plan going in got a bit messed up because they (gasp!) got rid of the Lobster Mac and Cheese! It was on the menu before we left and poof!
:scared1::scared1::scared1: Say it isn't so. Hands down best mac and cheese on property!

Here I am! I'm reposting the picture of Rickys' entree since it didn't really post above:

img_6504-jpg.266055
Wow, I'm not really a pork fan but this looks amazing. I can see why he ate it all.

img_6505-jpg.266058

Do you see that half moon-ish shaped thing on top of the pasta? Yeah, it's a shrimp! In fact there were like, 15 shrimp in this dish! They were caught in the wild, too: Wild Caught Shrimp and Garganelli Pasta: Spinach, Oven-roasted tomatoes, Basil Pistou, Cheese, and Chardonnay-Garlic Cream. I had seen this in I believe Kari's @kastoney's dining report once and it looked and sounded SO good, except for the shrimp. Then I realized I didn't HAVE to eat the shrimp...............so that's what I did! I passed that off to Steve and Chris - man, Steve made out good tonight - and I enjoyed the pasta, spinach, tomatoes, and the creamy, creamy cream sauce :cloud9: There was a faint taste of shrimp but I didn't mind it at all; it isn't so much the taste I mind it's the texture. This dish was so good and different from most dishes I get when in Disney, so I was extremely happy I tried it. Also the sauce wasn't heavy so while this and the cheese certainly filled me up, I wasn't disgustingly full. Which was great, because you simply cannot eat at Narcoossee's without getting dessert!
Ah, I'm so proud of you!!!! Glad you loved it as much as I do, sans the shrimp of course (which by the way are totally the best part). But don't go thinking you can convince me to order something with mushrooms in return :-)

img_6519-jpg.266063

As someone with a huge sweet tooth, I continue to feel this is the best dessert on property, at least that I've tried. If you've ever had a Good Humor Toasted Almond ice cream bar that's exactly what the outside of the cheesecake tastes like to me. Chris had tried a couple bites of mine back in Nov. and decided he needed his own this time so we got two and Steve stole a few bites from each of us.
Perfect description of this. I haven't had a good humor bar in like 25 years, but you are dead on with the taste.

That is a fantastic meal at Narcoosee's! You all look lovely in the pics too!

For apps I ordered the same thing I got on our first visit, the Artisanal Cheese Plate:
Oh, I would love this!

Artisan Romaine Wedge Salad: Romaine Wedge with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette, Herbed Mascarpone, Tomato, Avocado, and Parmesan
This is a new take on the caesar salad since I last ate at Narcoosee's in March of 2016. I would would love the warm bacon viniagrette.

Cider-braised Mussels and Cream: Prince Edward Island Mussels braised in Hard Cider with Leeks and Aromatics, finished with Cream
My boys love mussels too! Of course growing up in PEI and now owning a cottage there, they feast on mussels every summer. Last year they demolished 15 lbs of mussels between the three of them in one sitting!

Heritage Farms Cheshire Pork Rib Chop: Creamy Grits, Bacon-roasted Brussels Sprouts, Fruit Chutney
I would have demolished every one of those brussel sprouts...they look so good!

Grilled Grass Fed Filet Mignon: Yukon Gold Rustic Mash, Roasted Spring Vegetable, Red Wine-Oxtail Reduction
This would be exactly what my DH would order!

Swordfish with...........veggies:
This is what I would want...I love swordfish!

Wild Caught Shrimp and Garganelli Pasta: Spinach, Oven-roasted tomatoes, Basil Pistou, Cheese, and Chardonnay-Garlic Cream.
I love the look of that dish but I could not eat a shrimp if you offered me $5,000 to do so. I like your strategy!

Almond-Crusted Cheesecake!
Mmmmm, haven't had that since 2009 because of my love affair with the house made candy bar. Must rectify that next trip for sure!

Strawberry Shortcake:
Love the presentation!

Here I am! I'm reposting the picture of Rickys' entree since it didn't really post above:

View attachment 266055

Back to Chris's filet! Grilled Grass Fed Filet Mignon: Yukon Gold Rustic Mash, Roasted Spring Vegetable, Red Wine-Oxtail Reduction

View attachment 266056

As I said he's gotten this on all 3 visits. If a filet is on the menu he gets it, in Disney and at home! I wish I took a picture of the inside because it was cooked to medium perfection. He also loves the mashed potatoes that come with it but like Ricky passes the veggies to Steve (notice nobody passes them to me).

Steve had gotten the filet on his one previous visit also; this time he got a dish that was on special and of course I didn't write down all the details but it was Swordfish with...........veggies:

View attachment 266057 es

He said the swordfish was melt in your mouth delicious and in addition to Chris and Ricky's vegetables, he ate all of his!
Now, if you're read my previous dining reports you know that I do not eat seafood of any kind AT ALL. Don't like it. I'll eat tuna fish sometimes which confuses Steve since it's fishy. On my two previous visits I got the filet and loved it as much as Chris. Below is the dish I ordered this time:

View attachment 266058

Do you see that half moon-ish shaped thing on top of the pasta? Yeah, it's a shrimp! In fact there were like, 15 shrimp in this dish! They were caught in the wild, too: Wild Caught Shrimp and Garganelli Pasta: Spinach, Oven-roasted tomatoes, Basil Pistou, Cheese, and Chardonnay-Garlic Cream. I had seen this in I believe Kari's @kastoney's dining report once and it looked and sounded SO good, except for the shrimp. Then I realized I didn't HAVE to eat the shrimp...............so that's what I did! I passed that off to Steve and Chris - man, Steve made out good tonight - and I enjoyed the pasta, spinach, tomatoes, and the creamy, creamy cream sauce :cloud9: There was a faint taste of shrimp but I didn't mind it at all; it isn't so much the taste I mind it's the texture. This dish was so good and different from most dishes I get when in Disney, so I was extremely happy I tried it. Also the sauce wasn't heavy so while this and the cheese certainly filled me up, I wasn't disgustingly full. Which was great, because you simply cannot eat at Narcoossee's without getting dessert!

And get dessert we did. Here's what we had to choose from:

View attachment 266060

Not that I needed it, because I knew exactly what I was getting. No variation for me where dessert was concerned, I was going to my old favorite for the third time in a row: the Almond-Crusted Cheesecake!

View attachment 266063

As someone with a huge sweet tooth, I continue to feel this is the best dessert on property, at least that I've tried. If you've ever had a Good Humor Toasted Almond ice cream bar that's exactly what the outside of the cheesecake tastes like to me. Chris had tried a couple bites of mine back in Nov. and decided he needed his own this time so we got two and Steve stole a few bites from each of us.
You can see Ricky's dessert in the background, he got the Strawberry Shortcake:

View attachment 266065

So pretty! That vanilla genoise sauce on the top of the cake was yummy! The whole thing was, the cake was spongy and not soggy at all, the strawberries in the cake and on the dish were sweet and fresh. I also love all the chocolate garnishes on all their desserts.

To end the meal they gave us a dish of chocolate mints:

View attachment 266067

And with that we were done. It had indeed rained while we were in there but had stopped just as we were ready to leave so we waddled slowly back to the main building to take the monorail to MK for a bit. I posted these in my TR so sorry if you've seen them already, but I made everyone pause for pics on the way back:

View attachment 266068

View attachment 266069

We spent very little time in the MK because other than one FP I'd made earlier, SB lines were long and there were no other good FP's left to be gotten. We returned to the YC and spent some time enjoying the awesome BW entertainment, which is one of the things I love about being in that area at night. I have no pictures but before returning to our room, both boys needed a sandwich from the BW bakery if you can believe it! Once again we absolutely loved our dinner at Narcoossee's and we will definitely return. I hope more people have good experiences because it's a great place as far as signatures go!

Wow what great pictures of you and your family! GF is a great place to take pictures, the resort in the background always looks so pretty. Glad you guys had a great dinner, that's so funny about having to go to boardwalk bakery aftetwards :P My brother always joked about how my nephews could have a full dinner and then eat again a little while later. The desserts looked beautiful. That's one thing we didn't do on our last trip - some fancy desserts! Looking foward to reading more :-)

Well, you had me at "staying at WL" since that's our home resort. The Plaza looked good, and while we've made reservations there a few times, we've wound up canceling each time for various reasons. Perhaps, we'll give it a shot someday. However, I just can't buy into the whole mint chocolate ice cream thing, much less with Sprite. I think somewhere in Leviticus it says something about mint and chocolate ice cream being an abomination. pirate: Looking forward to reading more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter