• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Young Babies at DLP

Little Miss Dizzy

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone,

We are off to DLP with my daughter who will be 7 months. What are everyone's views on babies in DLP? Is there any shows/restaurants etc that aren't recommended to take in babies? eg buffalo bills etc

Do they sell pampers nappies on site? Are there loads of small babies around????

Had loads more question but have forgot them now...

Cheers.

Little Miss Dizzy x :earboy2:

I noticed they sold nappies at the resort shops I think they were huggies btand though. I'd think Animagique Tarzan and Lion King were all suitable for babies.

Sorry Little Miss Dizzy, but I can't really help with any advice - I just wanted to say welcome to the DIS!! :wave2:

I can't help either Little Miss Dizzy, but I wanted to say welcome to the Dis :)

We are a friendly bunch - please ask anything you want to and we will try and help!

The first time we went our DS was 2. We ran out of nappies on the last day and could not buy them anywhere in the park. A very kind American lady gave me some. They may sell them somewhere now ie the supermarket near Sante Fe but if I were you I would take enough to last you. There are always loads of young babies around. The only shows I can think of that would not be suitable are Buffalo Bills and Honey I Shrunk the Kids. If you have any other questions, post away and I'll do my best to help :flower:

Thank you all for your advice and your kind welcome. :bounce: I am sure I will have loads more questions before November! :paw:

PS, these smilies are ace so I'm gonna add a few to this just to make myself smile! :flower: :banana: :rolleyes1 :wave2: :rotfl: ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo :rotfl2:

Hi,

I've taken my son to DLP when he was just turned one, two and three with no problems at all.

I've always taken enough nappies and food (when he was younger) to see through the holiday (the space they took up on the way out was usually filled with Disney goodies on the way back) but there are two excellent Baby Care facilities; one in each park; which provide a nice place to feed and change plus sell spare food and nappies.

In addition if you get yourself along to Val d'Europe there's a massive supermarket which if I remember correctly sells UK brands of nappies and food.

Any other questions please let me know.

hi and welcome to the board.
Our oldest was not as young as yours when we visited, but I think you can visit the park with any age of child.
You better than anyone what you can do. you'll be amazed at the detail you see in the park as you slowly wander round pushing the buggy/pram :)

Reid

Welcome to the board.

If my memory serves me correctly they had food and nappies in the child care centers in the park. I also saw them in the shop at the SL
I always took loads with me though.
Others may disagree with me here, but I remember when we took our youngest to WDW he was only 23 months and I remember spending a lot of time standing around waiting for everyone else in the party to do the various rides. Looking back I think it would have been better if I and DS had wondered off to do our own thing for a while and met up later. I guess it depends on how long the queues are. There is always the "parent swap" system that you can use too.

I must admit I am one for soaking up the atmosphere - I'm not worried about the rides any more (never thought a coaster freak as I formerly was would ever say that!) but the look on my DDs faces when they meet a character or go one of of theor favourite "tame" rides is priceless to me :)

We went to SL earlier this month with DD who was 11 months. We took GM & GD with us to help out so that DD and I could do the rides together.

We took her formula, enough nappies for the stay and some jars of food. The shop in the SL did sell nappies but the only ones they had were size 3 Huggies. A pack of 18 cost more than a pack of 36 back home!! The jars of food in the shops looked ok but wasn't a brand I'd seen before.

Feel free to PM me if you want anymore advice or info.

Sue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter