Your 1 year old's daily menu?

mom2jcc

Castle Suite Memories Forever!
I'm desperate today for ideas:yay: If some of you would be so kind to quickly share your one year olds daily menu. Like what you give her/him for B,L and D. My twins will be one next month and I just need ideas. Our oldest is 7 and I can't remember much:sad2:

If I can get them on a good schedule before our April vacation, it will help me (and them). Thanks:)

when my children turned 1,they ate what we ate.cut the meat in to little pieces,mashed potatos,green beans,carrots,peas,rice,etc.Just watch the spices.:furious: .

My daughter is almost 1 and she mostly just eats what I eat cut up into little bites. Those steamer veggies you can buy now have come in very handy because I try to make sure we have at least 1 vegetable at lunch and dinner. Some of her favorite foods are scrambled egg yolks, cottage cheese, grapes (cut up super tiny), chicken breast, bananas, any green vegetable. Feeding her has actually caused me to eat much healthier!

my 16 month old eats anything and everything, and has since he started solid food at 6 months. here are some of the things he enjoys, this is not what he eats in one day, just a bunch of different things he enjoys at each meal. he usually is ok with eating what i am eating, but sometimes he doesnt like something so i offer something different.

breakfast: pancakes (blueberry or plain whole wheat), waffles, yo baby yogurt, instant oatmeal, scrambled eggs with cheese, dry cereal (cheerios, or really any cereal, he isnt picky)

lunch: hot dog cut into circles then halves or quarters (healthy choice or almost fat free hot dogs), macaroni and cheese, burger, plain noodles, rice (rice a roni or plain rice), sunflower seed butter (peanut butter-type spread) and jelly sandwich, slice of cheese, wheat thin crackers, goldfish crackers

dinner: noodles, chicken (shake and bake faux chicken nuggets, grilled chicken breast, or chicken from whatever i am eating), beef (again, whatever i am eating), black beans (he LOVES these, but i hate what they do to his diapers ;) ) veggies, rice, pizza, tofu, etc.

snacks: gerber freeze dried fruit, banana, pretzels, gerber puffs, dry cereal, rice cakes, goldfish crackers or bunny crackers (the organic version of goldfish crackers)

Well my littlest is almost 2 now- but at 1 he was on mostly our food.. A typical day would be
Pancakes for breakfast(cut up tiny) or oatmeal
Cheerios snack
Pastina for lunch with some mashed up carrots
yogurt snack-yobaby whole milk yogurt
dinner was always the hardest for me- it was generally whatever veggie we were eating- that could be roughly mashed
I also made this pasta thing with tiny bowties,cottage cheese and applesauce with a tiny bit of cinnamon that he loved.
I did introduce tomato sauce very early on- just a tiny bit on pasta.. He used to love spinach ravioli cut up in sauce.

Vienna susages were big for us (cut up tiny) MEAT STICKS as we call them.

How about a little milk and cereal, or fruit mixed w/ the baby cereal.

Those delicious little Lorna Doones (cookies). :thumbsup2

But those teething biscuits may be the best yet. They'll chew and slobber on those things for hours. (Liken it to a dog w/ a bone minus the digging/burying).

:hyper:

Mini pancakes, yogurt or Cheerios for Breakfast.
For lunch or dinner, bagel with cream cheese, mac n cheese, cut up chicken, various veggies and fruits, mandarin oranges (favorite), rice, cut up pizza, etc.

One of her favorite meals is when we make tacos. I mush up taco meat, refried beans, rice and shredded cheese for her.

How much milk does your 1 yr old drink. That has been our biggest problem, he would rather have milk than food. He is actually a pretty good eatter, but we are still giving him 4-5 bottles a day. Yes....that's bottles...we are trying to get him off the bottle, but just doesn't like the sippy cup. Any ideas about getting rid of the bottle????
TIA
Allie

How much milk does your 1 yr old drink. That has been our biggest problem, he would rather have milk than food. He is actually a pretty good eatter, but we are still giving him 4-5 bottles a day. Yes....that's bottles...we are trying to get him off the bottle, but just doesn't like the sippy cup. Any ideas about getting rid of the bottle????
TIA
Allie

Now some dont agree but hey i figure its milk so it cant be bad. I gave him chocolate milk, strawberry milk and vanilla milk in only the sippy cup and then after a while, i just gave him less and less of it until we were back to regular milk. Also eventually you just gotta say NO MORE BOTTLE lol.
Oh and try different sippy cups, maybe he just doesnt like the ones you have.

My youngest is almost 17 months. He's actually inhaliation of food as started to slow down, but this is a typical menu for him:

8:00 am (first wakes up): cup of milk, 1/4 cup cheerios, banana, piece of toast

10:45 (mid morning snack): 4-5 crackers, peaches, cup of water

12:30 (lunch): grilled cheese sandwich or Gerber pasta pick-ups, veggies (depends on what is on hand--about the amound of a Gerber graduate jar), Gerber Graduate fruit snacks, cup of milk

4:20 (afternoon snack):whatever is handy and non-chokable and not on the allergy prevention avoid list (ie, peanut butter, eggs, etc)

6:30 (dinner): whatever we're having. If there is something on the menu he can't have, he'll usually have a soup (drained & low sodium). His favorite dinner is roasted chicken.

The only things he doesn't like is any kind of bean, peas, and baby food textured food (mashed potatoes, applesauce). He NEVER ate baby food, would force himself to choke & even throw-up. Until 9 months he existed solely on breastmilk. Probably would have done so sooner, but Pedi said Breastmilk was fine as long as my diet was good and he didn't get a tooth in until one.

This sounds rough but only allow water in the bottle and milk only in a cup. If he really does want the milk he'll make the transistion. You just have to be okay with a day or two (or three or a week) of tears and whining and tantrums.

I agree try a different cup he might not like the feel of the ones you have. My nephews (I was the one doing the bottle to cup transitions) only liked this one gerber (I think) one that had a little plastic guide in it. Place it one way and the milk would dribble out without sucking, flip it and the child would have to sip (suck) to get a drink. They also really liked just a regular small plastic cup with no lid but that could only be used at the table.

Also my friend had a milk drinker who prefered it to food and doctor said he could have as much milk as he liked as long as he was eating something and not losing weight. Their own bodies wont let them starve (discounting other medical conditions). They'll eat what thier bodies crave and it should work itself out.

Good luck.

TIA
Allie

my 16 month old hardly drinks any milk. i am still nursing him about 4 times a day, and the dr said not to worry about whole milk, so im not.

however, that doesnt help you ;) thats just my own little disclaimer because im not in any hurry to get him drinking milk so take this with a grain of salt.

try a cup with a straw. neither of my kids wanted anything to do with bottles or sippy cups. ever. and i saw no reason to use either one, so i didnt. my kids both learned how to use a straw at about 6 months old. it makes life SO much easier, because anywhere you go there are cups with straws. you dont have to bring your own cup to the mall, to restaurants, etc. so i highly recommend the munchkin or playschool cups, as those are the only straw cups that dont leak all over everything. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter