• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your 1st choice Disney hotel?

Your 1st choice Disney hotel when booking

• Santa Fe

• The Cheyenne

• Sequoia Lodge

• Newport Bay

• Disneyland Hotel

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pooh's Bear

Earning My Ears
When booking your return trip to DLP, what's the first hotel you think of and want to book? My husband & I just returned from our DLP trip after a stay at the Santa Fe. We did enjoy it and found it warm, cosy and comfortable, but we are just looking for something a little more.....our first thought was the Cheyenne. It seems to be just a little nicer maybe?

So I'm looking for feedback from people who have stayed in either the Cheyenne or Sequoia Lodge (or both!). What do you recommend/suggest?

All advice gratefully received.

I have stayed at the Cheyenne & Sequoia Lodge. Both are nice, I prefer the SL as it is closer & has the pool:goodvibes

Hotel New York is always my 1st choice if its in budget:thumbsup2

We have stayed in all the Disney hotels many times, and many of the off site hotels as well.

Marriott Vacation Club is always my first choice, having a 2 bedroom villa on a 5 star resort on the DLP golf course for less than the Santa Fe is always a winner.

If i have to stay on site, and money is not object, then I would stay at the DLH - 3 awesome stays.

Overall best value for a Disney hotel is the New York - 14 stays, though no where near as good as they used to be, and the hotel needs refurb.

Best overall value if on a budget, then Sequoia Lodge wins. And if your budget cannot stretch that far, I seriously recommend staying off site.

I will not stay in the Newport Bay again - terrible service and room every time, standard or Yacht Club, matters not.

If money was no object: Disneyland Hotel for obvious reasons.

Otherwise: The Cheyenne. We never go swimming so pools are useless to us. It's only 5 minutes further walk than the other hotels and it's easily the best themed.

Personally for me, I stayed for the first time last year and returning to that same hotel in the summer. The same as you it was Santa Fe, but we found this fine. We only a bed to sleep in and a bathroom to get ready - swimming pools, spa's, more than one restaurant don't bother us (we would prefer that time in the park :goodvibes)

Thanks all, this information is really useful.

We prefer to stay onsite, just because we're lazy and love the thought of everything being a 3 minute shuttle ride away :rotfl:

I wish we could afford the DLH but as we're in our first year of marriage and just about to move, we have to be budget conscious!

Strange, I heard unfavourable things about Newport Bay on Trip advisor too........so looking like Sequoia lodge or Cheyenne.

Thanks all! ::MickeyMo

I would say Cheyenne in the summer and Sequoia Lodge in the winter.

The Cheyenne is nicely themed budget hotel within a 20 mins walk from the park which is a nice way to relax in the summer.

The Sequoia Lodge is closer to the parks which is handy in winter and is undergoing a refurbishment at the moment.

I've stayed in both and can recomend both of them. Staying in the main building at the Sequoia Lodge had a lot of advantages when I went in December when there was 4" of snow on the ground.

I stayed at Newport Bay previously on an Admirals Floor - we got a good deal, and thoroughly enjoyed it (there were nice little extras like a hot breakfast and free afternoon tea in one of the bars).

But that was a couple of years ago, and some of the rooms were starting to look a bit tatty (the first room they showed us to the door to the balcony wouldn't lock - pretty important when you have a young kid). We got a move to a different room, and couldn't have been happier for the rest of our stay (apart from the time to walk to the parks - 10 mins for normal people, but 20-25 with my wife who ambles!).

The receptionist told us a lot of the rooms with balconies couldn't be used because the balconies were starting to deteriorate!

We popped into SL to see if we fancied that, but it didn't really grab us, and neither did HNY. So we said we would only come back if we could stay at the DLH - and we are now considering that for this year (DS isn't quite brave enough to spend a shedload going to Florida and go on all the rides, so that will have to wait until next year now).

We have stayed at Santa Fe, Cheyenne and Sequoia, and my fave is easlily Sequoia. We had a great time at Santa Fe (our engagement trip :cloud9:) but found it to be a little dated. Cheyenne's theming was brilliant and the rooms were in good condition, but we just found Seqouia to be that bit more luxurious. The decor in the main building is beautiful, and it's so lovely and cosy :love: It may have helped that they gave us a free upgrade to the honeymoon suite hehe, but it was also nice to have the pool and gym, and you're a tiny bit closer to Disney Village. I'm sure you'll love whichever you go for!

Christine xxx

If money was no object obviously Disneyland Hotel, stayed here once and it really was special. Last visit was Cheyanne and whilst it was fabulous theming and the rooms were lovely, I missed the Sequoia breakfast and lounge area which I think is the best lounge, bar area out of all of them, especially in winter with the lovely fires burning. Also reading on here the Sequoia has undergone a refurb. so this will be my visit next year. It all really boils down to money as it is expensive to eat and treat yourself once you are there.

xx

I've not stayed at either but I've visited for a drink and a nosey round :rotfl:

If you think you'd use the pool then I'd say go for Sequoia. If you're not fussed about a pool, then I'd say Cheyenne. :)

so far we have only ever stayed at the Sante fe hotel and this has been fine for me,my other half and our daughter. When we go to disney it is all about the parks and the excitement and the hotel is just somewhere to crash at the end of the day:lmao:

I have stayed at santa fe both before and after the cars facelift and must admit it does look alot nicer now than when I stayed there in 2007.

I suppose like most people on here- if money were no object then we would stay at DLH( this maybe a possibility next year:love::love:) but the only other hotel I would like to look into more is SL.

I think we may have settled on the Cheyenne. We're not bothered about a pool - when the day at the parks & the evening at Disney Village is over, we want to fall into bed not exercise! :laughing:

Thanks for all the feedback. I forgot we can go off and have a sneaky look in any of the hotels and even eat at their restaurants & drink at the bars!! Might have to check out the SL this way when we go back.

Hi

Just noted that you have to pay to use swimming pool at Sequoia Lodge. Does anyone know how much?

Besides pools, there are other coniderations as well.

Breakfast: - Santa Fe and Cheyenne - a real scrum unless you go first thing, options limited to bread, croissants, pain au chocolate, plain yogurt and a few cereals. Ham and cheese

Sequoia Lodge and Newport Beach Club - same as above, but a choice of yogurt flavours, apple sauce, fruit salad.

Hotel New York - much more civilised crowd management, eggs, bacon, veal sausage, mushrooms, potatoes, pancakes, and a load of continental meats and cheeses.

Disneyland Hotel - same as New York, but also donuts, waffles and sometimes an omlette bar.

SL Montana Room, NBC, HNY and DLH has safes and fridges

NBC Captains level, HNY and DLH - bell services and room service

So some other factors for you to consider if staying on site. But if service and amenities are important, there are many better options off site, and the savings pay for a Dream AP which gives you access to EMH.

After our upcoming trip, forget about the 10% and 20% savings on food and souvenirs, or the free kirs at table service restaurants (worth about £4 each), just on admission, it will have worked out about £12.50 per person per day to get into DLP.

If I could afford it, then DLH obviously! BUT, realistically, I would choose Sequoia first for the next trip. Cheyenne is perfectly fine, but I like the addition of the pool and the general feel of Sequoia more for next time.

Hi

Just noted that you have to pay to use swimming pool at Sequoia Lodge. Does anyone know how much?

I dont think you have to pay to use the pools (only to hire towels)

Besides pools, there are other coniderations as well.

Breakfast: - Santa Fe and Cheyenne - a real scrum unless you go first thing, options limited to bread, croissants, pain au chocolate, plain yogurt and a few cereals. Ham and cheese

Sequoia Lodge and Newport Beach Club - same as above, but a choice of yogurt flavours, apple sauce, fruit salad.

Hotel New York - much more civilised crowd management, eggs, bacon, veal sausage, mushrooms, potatoes, pancakes, and a load of continental meats and cheeses.

Disneyland Hotel - same as New York, but also donuts, waffles and sometimes an omlette bar.

SL Montana Room, NBC, HNY and DLH has safes and fridges

NBC Captains level, HNY and DLH - bell services and room service

So some other factors for you to consider if staying on site. But if service and amenities are important, there are many better options off site, and the savings pay for a Dream AP which gives you access to EMH.

After our upcoming trip, forget about the 10% and 20% savings on food and souvenirs, or the free kirs at table service restaurants (worth about £4 each), just on admission, it will have worked out about £12.50 per person per day to get into DLP.

At SL you are seated at a table whereas at Santa Fe and Cheyenne you find your own so although breakfast at SL may still be a bit of a scrum its no where near as bad as the other 2

I think there are safes in rooms in all the hotels now - just from what others have said recently

Also just to clarify it isn a fridge in the hotels that Dave mentioned its a minibar which works with a sensor so charges if you move anything so cant really be used as a fridge - just so people dont go assuming there will be a fridge

i love sequoia lodge in the winter for his comfyness whit the fire in the lobby
and love new port bay in the summer

Hi

You don't, we've been twice and we didn't need to pay to use the pool, if i remember correctly, all we needed to pay for was a deposit on towels which was returned.

By the way: Sequoia all the way for us, we just can't get over the theme of it, and it's the best to us :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter