Your 1st ride at MK....

SweetMissy

Intactivist/Lactivist
What's the absolute 1st ride that you and your family have to go on first at MK? Why?

I think it changes. When DD was young, it was Dumbo (tried to beat the crowds). Now, we typically get a FP for Space Mountain, then head to BTMRR or Splash Mountain.

It varies but is always something that EVERYONE want to do. No waiting for the others as soon as we get to the park.

This trip DS pretty much dictated within those guidelines:
MK-Buzz
HS- Star Tours ( we refuse to join the crazy run to TSM )
Epcot- Soaring
AK-Safari

It varies for us too. But it's always something in Fantasyland. Either the carousel or It's a Small World are usually our first rides.

Since this trip will be our first time with smallies I can only answer based on previous adult only trips. DH usually likes to run and get FP for Space Mountain and then we'll do Philharmagic! while waiting on our turn for Space Mountain. This time we'll have DS1 with us so I think our first port of call will be something like the carousel or IASW just to ease him into things :)

after grabbing a FP for Peter Pan, we usually head over to Haunted Mansion. :)

(kids won't do the mountains!)

Buzz Lightyear--no question. We all love it. Grab FP, then hit the line at least once or twice while waiting for the FP time.

When Dumbo was behind the castle, it was Dumbo. Now, it depends. If we will be spending more than one day in MK, our first day we do Fantasyland first, which makes the first ride Peter Pan.

Probably the first will be Space Mountain!! It was closed for refurb last time we were there. My kids have never ridden it!

Space mountain. I swear my DH practically pushes old ladies out of the way to get there.

:rotfl:

We don't even have a ride that we have to ride 1st. I'm guessing this year it'll be space mountain though. We all love it. DD would rather to splash mountain but since it'll be morning it'll probably be too cold. I vowed to never ride that again after what happened last year, lol. I've never rode in the front and my lovely kids lied to me to get me to ride up front by telling me you don't really get wet. Well sitting in front is like dipping yourself in a pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter