Your actual experiences with child swap

If you have done this on any rides, please post and tell us about it. Which rides did you use it on? What was the procedure? Were the CMs helpful? Did you have a fastpass?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Well, I'm quite happy with the new kid I got. The old one was kinda cranky that day. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again if this one started showing out. :rotfl2:

Seriously, it seems like a very simple thing and is quite beneficial.

Just to show a contrast, when my DD was just over the height requirement but didn't want to ride, we did ask at Splash and ToT. He measured her and then said, sorry, she's tall enough to ride so she must enter the line with you and you can try and swap at the ride itself.

We instead decided to swap on our own with Fastpasses. Works like a charm.

Yep - us too! Most recently in April 07 when my nephew was just barely tall enough for BTMR.

My SIL also made the mistake of leaving my sleeping neice outside in the stroller when going to ride Soaring and asking for the pass. They would not give her the pass until they saw my neice. Not complaining mind you as I don't disagree with this policy otherwise it would be easy to abuse rider switch.

Of course it never hurts to ask but you are asking for a favor that won't always be granted.

TJ

Sometimes we used it with the regular line and sometimes with fast pass. (For the original ride) It works the same way on either line, the person who rides second using the rider switch always returns through the fast pass line.

So that means it's only available on fast pass rides then?

The rider switch pass is only available on rides with Fastpasses.

The only rides with a rider switch pass (parent swapping) are those with height restrictions.

So a ride like Pooh, HM, or Buzz that has Fastpass still doesn't have the rider switch pass because they don't have a height requirement.

But you can still create your own form of swapping by getting a Fastpass for each parent and then taking turns. Works just about the same as getting the rider switch pass.

Sort of, the "switch pass" is only available at the rides with height restrictions and all of them happen to also have fast pass. However, not all the FP rides have a height restriction and they don't offer the switch pass. Peter Pan for example has a fast pass but dosen't offer rider switch because there is no height restriction.

TJ

The rider switch pass is only available on rides with Fastpasses.

The only rides with a rider switch pass (parent swapping) are those with height restrictions.

So a ride like Pooh, HM, or Buzz that has Fastpass still doesn't have the rider switch pass because they don't have a height requirement.

But you can still create your own form of swapping by getting a Fastpass for each parent and then taking turns. Works just about the same as getting the rider switch pass.

Oops - I should have read ahead :)

TJ

Hey, no biggie! You usually explain it better or more simply than I can anyway. We're always crossing paths in these child swap threads. ;) I could use all th help I can get! :thumbsup2

Its funny you think that - as simple as it is to "babyswap" I always find explaining it more complicated that it should be :) But thanks - and your right our experiences are almost identical - so until next time!

TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter