• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your advise would be much appreciated! NEW TWIST!

QueenDoOver

Dis Diva
Hello There!

You may have seen my post that my son is going to be performing on Wednesday April 4th at Disneyland Paris. I would like to provide some helpful information to my son and his group to help them make the most of their short time at the park.

Here is the plan so far, and any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Tracey

Arrive DLP at 9:30 and go to backstage area for instructions. Return to backstage at 3:00 for the 4:30 performance.
I assume they will have freetime from 10:30 or so, until 3:00.

How should they best utilize this time? Touring strategies would be great and information about fast pass, and if they are available or not? Food will be out of pocket.

Perform at 4:30, and then exit park and re-enter. I think it will be around 6:00 by then. Park closes at 9:30.

They will have park hoppers, but it is not clear if they will get those hoppers before the re-enter time or not, and with MGM closing at 7:00, not sure if trying to hop for that last hour makes any sense at all.

They will have a voucher for evening meal, which is good at the following places:

Café Hyperion,
Cowboy Cookout,
au Chalet de la Marionnette,
Hakuna Matata,
Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost,
Pizzeria Bella Notte,
Fuente del Oro
Toad Hall, En Coulisses, Sports Bar,
Billy Bob's (snacks only)

My son will want to do as many of the headliners as possible.

Also, I think I read that there will be a light and/or fireworks show that night? Do you know what time they usually do that and what is a good viewing spot?

Thanks!

PS How far is it from DLP to MGM? We are DLR vets so very familiar with hopping at DLR.

Thanks again!

I just found out that the Uniform Chair who has donated countless hours over the last two years making sure that all 200 kids in our band are looking great at all times will be celebrating her birthday on the day they are in DLP. I would love to figure out how to do something special for her. Also just found out that she is a Disney Nut like me. How cool is that. Any great ideas???

The studios are right next to the main park - about the same distance as DL and DCA so very easy to park hop. If they have park hoppers Im assuming they will have these from the beginning of the day.

Fastpass does exist (Peter Pan, Space Mountain , Thunder mountain, Indiana Jones, Buzz, ToT, Rock roller coaster) but is more strictly enforced than DL- you must return during your time slot.

BTM is better in DLP as its on an island
Indiana Jones is a coaster s very different to DL
Space goes upside down and is a rougher ride than in DL
POC is also better - bigger drops

The light show- Dreams is new - due to start 1st April for the 20th celebrations so there isnt much info about it yet in terms of best viewing places etc however it will take place in the castle moat

Tracey--

How exciting! I'm thrilled for your son! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

My advice would be to skip Walt Disney Studios if he just has one day.

Not to be missed rides:
-Pirates of the Caribbean
-Haunted Mansion
-Big Thunder Mountain
-Space Mountain

And the castle has a very cool fire breathing dragon in the dungeon that he really shoud check out - it's a walk through attraction.

As for the meals, well I think it's just a matter of which is closest to where he is when hunger hits. If it were you, I'd say Walts sit down is a must (think Club 33 style), but for a kid, we're talking just getting food. Hyperion shows old Disney movies, so that's kind of fun.

And check out my photo album link in the blog.
http://s1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee472/grintravel/Disneyland%20Paris/

SO VERY COOL THAT YOUR SON'S GOING TO DLP!!!:cheer2:

-Jen

Does anyone know where backstage is? I assume it's at Videopolis where they plan to perform?

If that's correct, then you are already next to a few attractions once you exit. Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyears Laser Blast are right nearby. Plus Orbition (basically Dumbo but with Jules Verne ships), Star Tours, Captain EO and the Nautillius walk thru attraction.

I would attempt to ride Space Mountain asap once your Son is free to explore. Normally the queue isn't too long. Be warned though, this isn't the Space Mountain you are used to at DLR! It shoots you off at high speeds, with corkscrews and the like. It's a great ride, but it's a much wilder ride than it's american brothers.

After that, hot foot it to the other side of the park in Fronterland, that section of the park normally opens around 11am, so if your lucky, you'll be there in time for the opening. Don't try to ride Thunder Mesa, instead zero in on the fastpass kiosks (because the queue for Thunder Mesa backs up fast and it doesn't always open right away) - then go see if Pirates is open. If not then Fantasyland is right opposite Pirates and should have one or two walk ons. Go back for Thunder, then do the rest of the time before performance as you wish. Most of the other rides tend to have short waits unless you want to ride Peter Pan's Flight or It's a Small World : ). I would personally save any attractions in Discoveryland (bar Space Mountain) for the last hour or so before your son needs to perform and just after.

As for eats, sounds like the coupon is for counter services (would it work for Cowboy Cookout still now it's a Character Meal? hmm) - most of the counter eateries offer the usual sort of meals, burgers, pizzas and that sort of thing with some exceptions. Toad Hall sells Fish and Chips, the Sports Bar does American Hot Dogs, Bella Notte does pasta and pizza... really depends on what your hankering for I suppose

As for hopping between Disneyland and Studios, I would maybe suggest just sticking to Disneyland considering it's your first time. It can be exhausting enough exploring a new park let alone two, and getting on much at Studios for that last hour might be tricky. 2 Hours before closing might be more reasonable, but I'ld maybe go strictly just to do Animagique and Cinemagique - the best shows in the park. The thrill rides tend to have really long queues towards the end of the day, Crush's Coaster can have a queue upwards to 2 hours long at the end of the day!

Be sure to make it back to Disneyland for Disney Dreams, we can't help much there, as Disney Dreams is absolutely brand new, it'll be it's 5th night running when you visit! But Disney seem to have designed it so it can be viewed perfectly fine around the park hub. At a risk I would suggest just outside Main Street USA will be a good viewing spot I assume? It's first night run is March 31st, so might be best to check after launch night to see if anyone has tips on viewing location

Hi

Sounds like it's going to be a great experience for your son, hope it goes well.

With regards to the birthday how about making a t shirt for her, take a look at the creative forum I'm sure somebody would be willing to help you with the design, even if she couldn't wear it on the day it would be a nice keepsake.

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

Or maybe something else where the members of the group could sign and then present it to her in Disneyland - maybe with one of the characters if you're lucky?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter