Your BEST Vegetable Recipe?

NeverlandClub23

AKV & OKW DVC Member
I bought enough wild caught frozen salmon and flounder to last forever! (it was on sale :) ). I've figured out a side I would like to have with them (for this week anyways, being single I just make a side and then have it for 4-5 days) but am over just steamed veggies. Anyone have a good (and somewhat healthy) recipe for vegetables? I like pretty much all veggies and am open to anything! TIA! :goodvibes

Oven-roasted root vegetables:goodvibes Peel and cut into suitable-sized chunks (try to keep same size, not too big) and put in a ziplock bag with a spoon of olive oil, some chopped fresh herbs, salt, black pepper and some crushed garlic. Leave in the fridge for an hour or so (up to 2 days, so you could actually do enough for 3 days with one prep:thumbsup2) and roast for 40-50 mins in ahot oven (200c 400F). If you end up with too much the leftovers make great soup!

How about including your steamed veggies in a couscous or bulgar wheat salad for a change? Or even flaking the fish in as well?

We love roasted veggies as well. Almost any veggie will do. Our favorites are asparagus, carrots, onion, broccoli and peppers. Add, just a little olive oil and salt and pepper. I squeeze a lemon over when done.
Also a favorite is baked onions. I take a whole sweet onion and hollow out a little notch in the top. Add a small pat of butter, bread crumbs, favorite seasonings and parmesan cheese. Wrap in foil and bake until tender.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter