• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your Car Name…

My (white) Yukon XL went my the name Big Whitey.
My fun car we call The Green Car...because it's green.
Our everyday vehicles we call The Car or The Truck.
Not very inventive, but there you go!

Nope, always thought that was a silly idea. My son, as a teen, named his car Delilah but he never explained the name. He then handed Delilah down to his two younger brothers and they also called the car Delilah. That was a good little RAV but she has been long-since replaced and no other car names have been shared with me.

My current car is called Francis - no particular reason why. The previous one was Alan - again no real reason. My husband doesn't name his cars.

My Kia Soul is the Hamstermobile, because of the commercials they used to run for them, several years ago. My car also has a mascot, the Kia Soul plush hamster, he sits atop my rear view mirror. His name is Hamlet.

My first car was Vicki, short for Victoria, in a queens-of-England theme to match with my dad's (Betsy, short for Elizabeth) and mom's (Anne).

The first car I shared with DH was "Bitty" - short for "the bitty blue bullet" because it was tiny (and, obviously, blue).

Later he had a black 4-door called Jeeves, and I had "Miss Emily the War Wagon" (Emily or Emmy for short).

My current car is officially "Samantha" - because it didn't seem right for her to go unnamed. But it doesn't have a reason like the other names, so I never really use it.

Mine is named Ariel. She’s painted Sea Glass Pearl, a color that looks aqua or green or blue, depending on the light. I got the top trim level to get the best safety gear, but that means she’s got whosits and whatsits galore. She also likes hanging out at the beach.

My kids (11 and 13) dubbed our minivan “Butterscotch” when she turned over 200k miles a few months ago. I have no idea why.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter