Your choice for Turkey Day Dinner at WDW???

bankgirl05

DIS Veteran
Well, my crazy Dh did it! He is so burned out at work that while he was making our deposit for our Feb 2013 cruise he booked us at POR over Thanksgiving week!!!:lmao:

I am happy to be going, but some of you will probably remember that I am still recovering from serious hip surgery, so going means taking along the wheel chair or renting a scooter.

We are actually staying 8 nights, so I feel like we will be able to do/see lots without feeling like we are doing it commando style. I do worry so much about being in quite a bit of pain, but I am (sorta) planning on picking a park a day based on EMH's and taking a break, plus maybe a "down day"

I absolutely love Thanksgiving, this will be only my second Thanksgiving in 15 years that I am not hosting/cooking. So where would you eat on Thanksgiving day?

ressies look hard to come by on line since we are so close to the date, so I am kinda hoping to be able to do some walk-ups for at least one character meal. Any suggestions would be helpful. I am posting this on the community board too, to get the most suggestions/advice.

Thank you!!!:banana:

We did our first Thanksgiving trip last year and never made any ressies. DD and I decided to just do a counter service on TDay and had some nice dinners the other nights when it was easier to get ressies (as it was a spur of the moment trip for us too!) We are heading back again this year and have the same plan. I do remember that there were some last minute openings at Fort Wilderness. They have a buffet and characters, so you might check there. Good luck and see you there!!

Our family has stayed at Port Orleans during Thanksgiving three times and we have our Thanksgiving meal at the quick service dining hall at POR. I love the traditional turkey meal they serve and you don't have to make reservations. Have a safe and wonderful trip.:wizard:

We have been at WDW the last 3 thanksgivings, and we always go the non-traditinoal route. We feel like we can have turkey any time. We have done Le Cellier, Le Chefs, and last year, LA Hacendia San Angel. This was hands down our favorite, and we got to watch fireworks form the restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter