Your dinnng review from LTT

connie1042

DIS Veteran
We listened last night to this segment. I have to say I have never eaten there. I make a better turkey dinner. But if my meal was as bad as you say,( and I trust your reviews), why would you pay for it. Disney prices are high. I know that going in. But no matter where I eat, if my food was cold and not edtible, I would of asked for the manager, and explained that I had come there to eat a hot meat, and this was not only not hot, but disgusting. There is no way I would of paid for that meal, or they would of went back and made it better. Shame on Disney!

I was wondering th same thing. Perhaps they have been given directions to not challenge bad food because of the integrity of the review?

John and I do the dining reviews.

At times other have joined us. Everyone has an opinion and the more opinions heard, the more accurate the review (hopefully :)).

Theses reviews were started to try and give guests an overview of what they could expect when visiting a WDW restaurant armed with nothing but an ADR. The number of restaurants at WDW can be daunting and our goal is try and relate what any guest might experience.

We try to do nothing that will "lead" the review. We do not notify the restaurant that we are coming or doing a review. We try hard to not send things back or have them removed from the check. Instead, we come and tell you about our experience

For the sake of integrity, not a single review has ever been comped and every single check is paid by John.

We were recognized once at Teppan Edo and we felt that changed the way were treated. We mention that in the review.

We were also recognized at Tusker House for the lunch buffet. This was also noted.

Several years ago. after giving Chef's de France a great review, I was called by the Chef and asked to try Bistro de Paris as his guest. We thanked him profusely and refused. I cant be honest when someone else is buying. We have since gone to Bistro de Paris and now Monsieur Paul and raved every single time, but every single time anything was ordered, it was paid for by us. I think paying gives you the right to absolute honesty.

The four of us that reviewed LTT arrived ravenous and ate everything on the table, despite that fact that it was AWFUL. We even asked for more awful food. We were really hungry.

I will not return to LTT for dinner until it's time for another review or I hear that things have changed. We might review lunch eventually.

Our reviews are our honest opinions and based on one visit. Other than a reservation, nothing is pre-planned. The reviews are not in depth critiques of cooking skill or technique. They are far more experiential and depending on what transpires, might be more about the experience than the food.

As I have said numerous times. These are opinions and not scientific facts. You may experience something entirely different and should go anf form your own opinions.

If, over the years, your opinions have mirrored mine...great. I've earned your trust. The same exact thing can be said if your opinions never match mine. You now know that if I said it was terrible, you will probably love it.

The bottom line...these are done to help people plan, know what to expect and to entertain.

Thanks for listening.

Well said. I understand how you folks do the reviews and think it is a fair an honest snapshot of a moment in time.
I am sure someone, somewhere has had a bad meal at Chefs or Citricos and other people have had good meals at Shutters (please re-review...I am dying to hear that one) or LTT. I enjoys the reviews as much as any other part of the show.

I do have one question: what is your weekly/monthly budget for dining out? Seems like you do it way more than I could.

Cmon dude. Mini golf with me in Leominster! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter