your downtown Disney [or nearby] favorite restaurants

road2disney

Mouseketeer
where's your go to place? favorite dish?

planning our arrival day meals [no park entry day] and looking for suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

My families favorite is Ralph Brennan's. I get the medallions and my husband gets the pasta jambalaya. I'm so excited because the medallions are finally back on the menu after being gone after COVID.

question...if you had tried both... do you prefer their beignets or Disneyland's?
This is a huge can of worms!

The answer is this: the beignets at Ralph Brennans are more actual, traditional beignets. They are dense and greasy and sweet and absolutely delicious. These get my vote for the best.

The beignets in Disneyland are not so traditional beignets. They are light and airy and shaped like Mickey. They are not necessarily what would be considered beignets elsewhere in the world, but they are also good.

There are a lot of people that have strong preference for one over the other.

The answer is this: the beignets at Ralph Brennans are more actual, traditional beignets. They are dense and greasy and sweet and absolutely delicious. These get my vote for the best.

The beignets in Disneyland are not so traditional beignets. They are light and airy and shaped like Mickey. They are not necessarily what would be considered beignets elsewhere in the world, but they are also good.

Oh boy this is so true. My friend and I are firmly divided on the two beignets. I won't buy the ones in DL for myself and she won't buy the ones at JKE for herself. Our girls though freely go back and forth between the two just to get that powdered sugary goodness.

Someone recently described the Disneyland beignets as puffs of air or something like that. It is so true. I have never understood people raving about them. They are so sad.

Jazz Kitchen Beignets For Life.

Surprisingly, Splitsville is one of our family’s go-tos. I enjoy their sushi, and last night I just tried the Ahi tuna salad. It was so refreshing and delicious 😋 You’ll get a ton of different answers for sure!

question...if you had tried both... do you prefer their beignets or Disneyland's?

We typically prefer the Mickey beignets at DL because we like the lightness. The Jazz Kitchen ones are heavy and can be quite greasy. I especially love the pumpkin spice Mickey beignets! 😋 Really hoping they bring that flavor back this fall.

We often go to the Jazz Kitchen, and last trip I thought "lets try something else", and it wasn't near as good. So Jazz Kitchen is back to my star DD "places to eat". But, I did try the Crazy Shakes last time and they are epic. 1 shake was more than the 3 of us could eat. So we will save that for dessert and try out a new flavor.

I love The Jazz Kitchen. Last year I had the BBQ shrimp and grits and it was delicious!. I do love their beignets they are so good. In a pinch I will make do with the ones from Disneyland.

OMG, Jazz Kitchen for sure! (The quick service on the side, not the actual restaurant.) They are fresh, fresh, fresh, hot, and delicious. In fact they are so hot that I will often leave Disneyland to go to Jazz Kitchen and bring them back into the parks to eat. Once I'm in the park, they are still hot, but eatable at that point! The line at Jazz Kitchen can look long, but I promise it moves quickly. I feel like when I get them at Mint Julep Bar they aren't as fresh and hot, even if I don't push the "I'm here" button until I'm standing next to the window.

Our favorite arrival day meal-- usually dinner-- is the quick service for Tortilla Jo's. Hubs and Teen love the burritos, but I love the nachos. By the time I'm done adding everything, it's approximately the size of my head :rotfl2: It's probably a whole day and a half worth of calories, and nothing healthy about it, but yummy none the less. And then, of course, the beignets at Jazz Kitchen on my way to my hotel room.

didn't realize this.

but I love hearing everyone's preference! Gotta try them both this trip!

Surprisingly, Splitsville is one of our family’s go-tos. I enjoy their sushi, and last night I just tried the Ahi tuna salad. It was so refreshing and delicious 😋 You’ll get a ton of different answers for sure!
Wasn't even aware of Splitsville...it's now being considered by the family. thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter