Your dream disney vacation

disney is my life

DIS Veteran
We are planning dd's sweet 16 for November and we want to go completely over the top. So I was wondering what would your 1 week dream disney vacation be like and what would you ?

Sent from my iPod touch using DISBoards

My dream vacation would be staying at one of the monorail hotels club level, probably the grand floridian. Then do a few tours along with a vip guide for the day.

Club level, at GF. Signature Dining each night.....room service for breakfast, Pick a Pearl, lots of shopping, maybe a firework cruise.

Poly is my favorite deluxe resort so I would start there....

7 day park hopper pass that includes the Water Parks and More option...

Deluxe Dining plan with plenty of ADR's she choses

A few special events (tours/fireworks cruise...)

Poly, theme park view (not concierge).

I don't think I'd change any of my other plans other then getting a park hopper for every day, even arrival day.

I really like my resort down time/no park day so I might not want to do that.

I am not a big sit down meal eater so we'd probably keep to the same few TS meals & do the rest CS.

Oh & a splurge would be to eat some form of Mickey's head in a frozen treat every day which I don't normally do.

Hmmmm, my dream vacation might be different than what a 16YO would want. :goodvibes I would want club level but she might not care about the club as much as being able to get what kind of snacks she wants, not just what is offered at the lounge. I would probably opt to stay at a monorail resort -- Poly, GF or Contemporary unless she has a fav resort elsewhere. I'd start looking into things she might like to do like (try to tape :
* Disney Quest
* parasailing
* surf lessons at the water park
* water park tickets
* wild africa trek
* wanyama safari and dinner (but for AKL guests only)
* snorkeling with sharks at Typhoon Lagoon
* various tours available at MK and Epcot
* fun ADRs -- BOG, Ohana, fav character meal, fancy places like California Grill, A&V, Le Cellier, etc.
* Richard Petty Speedway -- she can't drive but can ride along
* spa trip
* Fireworks cruise
* dolphins in depth or divequest

There's a great show called the Hidden Parks of WDW that pops on TV every now and then, so look around for it and see if you can catch it. That might give you some ideas.

Thanks I'm thinking if doing the pirate and pals fireworks voyage And I know we're definitely going to do MVMCP

Sent from my iPod touch using DISBoards

P&P cruise is great and so is the MVMCP!

For 1 week I wouldn't be able to do my dream Disney Vacation - we normally go for at least 10 days :cool1: BUT I think for a dream vacation I'd stay AKL club level and do the special resort guest/club level guest only safaris. I'd dine at the signature restaurants pretty much exclusively. A park hopper would be a must - if it was with younger kids, no way, but at 16 she'll be able to handle the busses and such even into the wee hours. Other than dinners and the special events/experiences I'd just go with the flow. Oh and Definitely do a cake one evening at dinner (at the beginning of your stay since even the best cake eaters usually have left overs) :goodvibes

Would she be interested in a family pirate make-over? WE've all done the pirates league together and had a blast with it - just one person? not as cool, but an entire band of pirates descending on the park? Awesome! pirate:

Honestly, we tend to save for a year or so, then book our dream vacation most times.

We stay Deluxe, and do the DDP.

The one thing I would add is Lunch with an Imagineer-- I got it as a Christmas for my husband last trip, and he said it was fabulous.

Beyond that, I think Disney has enough magic that I really wouldn't add anything, other than perhaps a trip that's longer than our typical week.

Like said before find out what she really wants.

Looking at going right before my kids birthday and DD wants to surf, the other DD wants to ride a horse, DS would love to ride in a race car, DW wants to parasail.

To me thats what makes the trip a dream they got to do something very special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter